Amazon Wireless has phone upgrades for a penny

ejpoeta

Well, i just tried to see if it would work for me. I have an existing account and it wouldn't let me get the phone for a penny unless i was getting a new account, for what it's worth. In their defense, I am not eligible for an upgrade at this time.... but they wouldn't have known that based on the fact that they had no information about my specific account. Just an FYI.

Has anyone ever done this before? My daughter wants a new phone w/ a keyboard but we are only one year into a 2 year contract. I wonder if we can buy a phone from here?

You do have to enter a new contract, which requires either new service, or renewing a line, which requires the phone to be out of contract.

I'm going to play around with this at work. It did let me go through with the Samsung Eternity for $.01, but I didn't finish because I want to see if it's cheaper just to go through AT&T.

It let me go through with my current number (1 year into a 2 year contract) with ATT. This was for the Eternity. I also did not do the full check out though bc according to the ATT site I am not eligible for an upgrade at this time. I would love this phone though but am worried I will get stuck with a big charge later.