>>> Official Black Friday 2009 DESKTOP COMPUTER Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Ok mom is wanting to pick up a desktop on Friday I have narrowed it down to three. the Dell 546 bundle that is on sale at staples, the HP P6210Y bundle that is on sale at Best Buy and the HP p6228p-b bundle at office depot. Which would be the better deal? I have always had bad luck with HP myself which is why I am leaning more toward the Dell but maybe HP has improved over the years I honestly dont know. Leaning even more toward the Dell now that I went on their site and if you customize the 546 to exactly what staples package/bundle is its $703 so $499 is a pretty good deal. I know the HP is an awesome deal at Best Buy too. I guess the question is which is a more reliable brand HP or Dell? Edited by Tigger97498

Ok mom is wanting to pick up a desktop on Friday I have narrowed it down to three. the Dell 546 bundle that is on sale at staples, the HP P6210Y bundle that is on sale at Best Buy and the HP p6228p-b bundle at office depot. Which would be the better deal? I have always had bad luck with HP myself which is why I am leaning more toward the Dell but maybe HP has improved over the years I honestly dont know. Leaning even more toward the Dell now that I went on their site and if you customize the 546 to exactly what staples package/bundle is its $703 so $499 is a pretty good deal. I know the HP is an awesome deal at Best Buy too. I guess the question is which is a more reliable brand HP or Dell?

You'll get votes from both sides, I guarantee it!

But as for me, I vote HP. I've had terrible service with Dell and so have many others. My IT @ work would not allow anyone in the office to buy a Dell unless they knew that he would not service it should they have a problem and need to call Dell under their warranty.

needless to say, those who bought Dell's that first year ended up buying custom builds and HP's the next year. :D

Edited by KoopawnKode
edits

You'll get votes from both sides, I guarantee it!

But as for me, I vote HP. I've had terrible service with Dell and so have many others. My IT @ work would not allow anyone in the office to buy a Dell unless they knew that he would not service it should they have a problem and need to call Dell under their warranty.

needless to say, those who bought Dell's that first year ended up buying custom builds and HP's the next year. :D

I think Im going to go for the Dell just becuase of my success with him plus what sold me is the dell has a fast processsor than either of the HP's less core (dell has two HP has 4) more more speed