Staples 'rules'

I went to Staples this morning to pick up some of the 1 cent pencils. The ad states a limit of 2 per customer. I had my 2 kids with me so we picked up 6 packs. When we got to the register the gal refused to sell the pencils to my kids saying the limit was 2 per family. I pointed out the ad and stood my ground. She called the manager 5 or 6 times and he never came. By now the line was getting long so she told me she would do it for me this time, but never again (this is my favorite saying from cashiers).

I have always had my kids buy this stuff in the past and I donate the extras to the school.

Has anyone else had this problem? I was reminded to toady why I don't shop at Staples.:no:

I hate it when some cashiers act like they own the store and will fight over something so ridiculous. What do they care. If you are paying for them it shouldn't be an issue. If a manager came over they would say to do it anyway. I've gone in with my kids to do that and the cashier has just rung them up together before. Simplify! Make it easy on everybody! :yup:

I have never had a problem with it at the Staples in Hendersonville, TN. When I checked out Sunday, she was trying to give me more of them because I only had 20 and the limit was 25 for educators LOL The family in front of me had all 3 kids with them and they each got 2 plus the $1 pens and 2 of the kids had the paper and the cashier rang them up with a smile and was super sweet to them.

I have never had a problem with it at the Staples in Hendersonville, TN. When I checked out Sunday, she was trying to give me more of them because I only had 20 and the limit was 25 for educators LOL The family in front of me had all 3 kids with them and they each got 2 plus the $1 pens and 2 of the kids had the paper and the cashier rang them up with a smile and was super sweet to them.

That is how it should be. :D