LeapFrog Tag Clearance at Walmart

dantegirl

I found the "on the road" Tag reading pack on clearance today for $35 at Walmart. I used the $10 MFR Q and got it for $25!!!!!!!

It comes w/ the Tag System, Storage Case and Ozzie book!!!!!! This is a GREAT deal since the case alone is $15!!!

Found mine @ K-mart marked down to $35 used my 10 off coupon, plus got an additional 20% off=$18.00.....value pack came with dinosaur book, ozzie book, pen (of course) and national geographic cards.... retail value on amazon $86. Had previously bought one at target last week, which i paid 29.00 for after coupon, and bought a dora book and used my $4.oo off coupon.... when i returned the one to target, got the full 39.00 +tax back which made the extra dora book FREE!!!! :)

If you can't find the coupons on leapfrog's website, (today's the last day to print them, btw) coupons.com has some more (a different link) so you can print 2 from each website. I don't know when the coupons.com leapfrog coupons will stop so hurry.

I went to kmart in hopes of finding the Tag for a good price and return the one I bought at Target last week, but it's still at $52 clearance here in Cali. :(

and yes, how did you get an extra 20% off??? inquiring minds need to know :D

Slightly off topic, I just bought the didj deal this week and have leapster and leapster 2 and all, but are all/any of you afraid that because they are so cheap--on clearance, that it means they are "on their way out" and we will soon find no new games for the system?...so we are getting a good deal, but then we are limited with only the games we bought up to the point they no longer make them?

Or is the awesome coupons/clearance their way of making the system ultra-cheap so then we want to get the games--even if they are not marked down yet?

i was wondering the same thing aboutthe didj when i went to buy it all the games were more expensive than the system and the comment earlier aboutthe walmarts not getting many replentishments on those products. i didnt buy a game at the time, but i did check ebay, and ive seen every game they make is pretty much available on there for half off or more. I generally buy the used games anyway, so as long as i am seeing them for sale second hand, i think the 20 bucks i paid for the didj was worth it.

Slightly off topic, I just bought the didj deal this week and have leapster and leapster 2 and all, but are all/any of you afraid that because they are so cheap--on clearance, that it means they are "on their way out" and we will soon find no new games for the system?...so we are getting a good deal, but then we are limited with only the games we bought up to the point they no longer make them?

Or is the awesome coupons/clearance their way of making the system ultra-cheap so then we want to get the games--even if they are not marked down yet?

I'm a panel member on Didj products and saw that they are coming out with some pretty cool (more than enough to get my kids interested) games for the Didj in 2009 but they haven't announced them yet. I don't know if we're allowed to say which ones they are so I won't risk it yet. If Leapfrog's past shows us anything is that there might be another Didj coming out that has more features that kids like/parents want but will be compatible all games (very much like the upgrades to the Leapster line. Everyone likes backwards compatibility!! :D