B1G1 FREE entree at TGI Friday's (exp 3/09)

jerseygirl

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been to TGI Friday's once a very loong time ago. I was still back as school and we were with a group of friends and I remember the whole restaurant was like a big bar and TV's everywhere and everyone smoking.. Is that just my memory playing a trick on me or were we just sitting at the bar or what?? I mean are they more like a loud Sports Bar type of restaurant or do they have normal booths? How's the food?

Grandparents are taking kids tomorrow so I'm wondering if me and hubby should go there but I really don't like very loud places. Our favorite restaurant is Olive Garden and Sushi type restaurants..

Should we go or skip??

Any favorite menu meals anyone cares to share??

Thank You!!

I've only been to TGI Friday's once a very loong time ago. I was still back as school and we were with a group of friends and I remember the whole restaurant was like a big bar and TV's everywhere and everyone smoking.. Is that just my memory playing a trick on me or were we just sitting at the bar or what?? I mean are they more like a loud Sports Bar type of restaurant or do they have normal booths? How's the food?

Grandparents are taking kids tomorrow so I'm wondering if me and hubby should go there but I really don't like very loud places. Our favorite restaurant is Olive Garden and Sushi type restaurants..

Should we go or skip??

Any favorite menu meals anyone cares to share??

Thank You!!

They have lots of booths & tables. It's not been too loud when I go, but that depends on sports' schedules and events.

I know there won't be much smoking given the laws nowadays.

I like their Jack Daniels menu - the chicken is good :) TGI Fridays isn't exceptional, in my opinion, though I have some friends who think it is. It's worth going with a B1G1F coupon. But I can only speak for the locations I've been to, each location can be different due to the staff!

They have lots of booths & tables. It's not been too loud when I go, but that depends on sports' schedules and events.

I know there won't be much smoking given the laws nowadays.

I like their Jack Daniels menu - the chicken is good :) TGI Fridays isn't exceptional, in my opinion, though I have some friends who think it is. It's worth going with a B1G1F coupon. But I can only speak for the locations I've been to, each location can be different due to the staff!

Thank You!

So we went Tonight and had a good time so Thank You OP!!!

The restaurant was actually quite nice (surprisingly huge!!!) They took our coupon no problems. The only unfortunate thing was I ordered salmon with rice as my main meal and it was horrible. (It was sooo overcooked - never had it so bad) We ended up sharing hubby's chicken with cheesie mashed potatoes (which was awesome!!) so I guess the horrible salmon ended up being free so that was ok :)

The appetizers were good and the drinks were good so we had a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

The only unfortunate thing was I ordered salmon with rice as my main meal and it was horrible. (It was sooo overcooked - never had it so bad) We ended up sharing hubby's chicken with cheesie mashed potatoes (which was awesome!!) so I guess the horrible salmon ended up being free so that was ok :)

The appetizers were good and the drinks were good so we had a good time!

did you not send it back? I would have - even though it was free it should have been edible.

did you not send it back? I would have - even though it was free it should have been edible.

We've never been to this restaurant before (we usually like a bit fancier places like Olive Garden, Dakota Steakhouse, Chillies, etc.) for all we knew this is how they prepare fish..

I don't think we'll be going back there either (not because of the fish) but overall we though the food was a bit on the greasier side (almost Friendly's quality.)

We've never been to this restaurant before (we usually like a bit fancier places like Olive Garden, Dakota Steakhouse, Chillies, etc.) for all we knew this is how they prepare fish..

I don't think we'll be going back there either (not because of the fish) but overall we though the food was a bit on the greasier side (almost Friendly's quality.)

I agree with your last statement - their food does seem a bit greasy. I don't know if I'd say Chili's or Olive Garden is fancier than TGI Fridays, though :P