CF card for digital camera

Now that our vacation is near, I really need to get a high-capacity CompactFlash memory card for my Canon. It has no internal memory and came with a ridiculously small one. That isn't going to cut it on vacation. I need something that will hold a whole bunch of pictures (we're going to Disneyland, Sea World, Magic Mountain, and will see a ton of family over the course of 12 or so days) but I don't want to spend much money either. So I'm not even sure what size card I want...just something big, but not so big that it costs $100 or anything. Any half-price deals out there? Really good after-rebate prices?

Also, make sure that you get a highspeed card. It really will cut down on the time between shots.

I think that the sweetspot right now is a 512MB card. they can be had for < $40.

some very high speed only affect those camera with high speed of write as well. but it would be a good idea to get 512 mb. in my camera, which is old (3MP), i could get approx 158 pictures at fine resolution or 311 for normal resolution (which is good enough for regular print) with 256 MB card.

The camera is the Canon Powershot S1 IS 3.2 MP. I have more options than I really know what to do with as far as picture resolution. I'm still trying to learn how to work the camera LOL--there are a lot of features. I do know that I don't use the biggest resolution or the smallest...it's one of the middle settings. 512 sounds like a good size card. The next size up is 1GB, isn't it? That sounds so big, and probably very expensive. I don't want to spend more than $50 but was hoping for as little as possible. jamesave's deal looks really good to me...so unless someone posts something better soon LOL I will probably be ordering that.

I don't know how I missed i-bystander's post...must have posted it as I was typing out mine. I think I'd rather order from amazon, since I have a history with them and know I'll get what I order...never heard of mwave before. But, then again, I'd rather pay less up front than pay the almost $40 and then wait forever for a rebate. Hmm, what to do...

Edit: Nevermind. Mwave is going to charge $8 or so shipping bringing the total to $37.90. Might as well pay that much at amazon and get the rebate later. Now I just have to hope it gets here by the time we leave--their free shipping takes forever.

Cool! I actually did order from amazon, but it's still an open order and I just cancelled it. Placing the order with zipzoomfly now...can't beat free 2-day shipping! I won't have to worry about it not arriving in time. Thanks for letting me know! :)