Crucial 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 Laptop Memory for only $16.99 shipped @ Newegg.com

Scott

Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Laptop Memory is on sale for a low $16.99 with free shipping at Newegg.com.

This is a great upgrade deal for those who have a computer that is a few months old. Especially if you are running vista.

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll200/20-148-086-05.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148086

I just grabbed one for a friends Dell E1705. Should be a welcomed upgrade for them.

ok so how does this work? I was told to get an external hard drive but is this just as good? I want to download music and my pics to my laptop but not use the memory it came with....

To answer this question, this memory from Newegg is not for file storage. If you are going to save music and/or picture files, that would be stored on a hard drive. An external hard drive would be ok, but if you have over 60gig hard drive on your laptop, you should be able to put music and pics on your computer without a problem. External hard drives are so cheap nowadays that you can go and get one of those to if you want. A nice 8 or 16gig usb flash drive would work for you too. Those are small, portable and do not need any power cords, they plug right into your usb port.A flash drive is also nice because you can view your pics and listen to your music on another pc with ease. I hope this answer is helpful

This memory has nothing to do with "storage". That involves internal/external/flash drives.

If I were you, I would just get an 8 or 16 GB memory stick to store TONS of photos/music on and they could be swapped back and forth very easily from laptop to home PC. This is how my mom does it.

ok so how does this work? I was told to get an external hard drive but is this just as good? I want to download music and my pics to my laptop but not use the memory it came with....

To answer this question, this memory from Newegg is not for file storage. If you are going to save music and/or picture files, that would be stored on a hard drive. An external hard drive would be ok, but if you have over 60gig hard drive on your laptop, you should be able to put music and pics on your computer without a problem. External hard drives are so cheap nowadays that you can go and get one of those to if you want. A nice 8 or 16gig usb flash drive would work for you too. Those are small, portable and do not need any power cords, they plug right into your usb port.A flash drive is also nice because you can view your pics and listen to your music on another pc with ease. I hope this answer is helpful

Yes that does help but a flash drive, I consider myself to be quite knowledgable about computers but have never used a flash drive. How do you save your work to a flash drive? Sounds like this would be great for what i need to do. My pc is like 8 years old and Im afraid of losing all of my kids pics (100's) so I need to transfer them to something to store them on. I thought I would use a disc or cd but this sounds like it would be much better!!!

You would put files onto a flash drive just like you would your computer's internal hard drive which is usually labeled C:. When you plug the flash drive in it will show up on your pc and another letter, maybe D, E or F. You just drage and drop or copy and past your files to the corresponding letter. its very easy

You would put files onto a flash drive just like you would your computer's internal hard drive which is usually labeled C:. When you plug the flash drive in it will show up on your pc and another letter, maybe D, E or F. You just drage and drop or copy and past your files to the corresponding letter. its very easy

Oh wow, Thanks!!! Im gonna have to keep my eyes out for a good deal on flash drives cause I have hundreds of pics and so much music!!!! Thanks again michaelgtp!!