Macy's, Dillard's and Sak's FREE make-up on 1/20/09

booga12345

I linked to the settlement website, because I had signed up on their site about a year ago and read the details of the settlement.

Don't mean to try to correct you or beat a dead horse, but I don't think you could have signed up for any emails last year. At that point the case had already been settled for almost three years. The only thing they were doing on that website last year might have been updating the status of that ruling. I worried that I wouldn't get a notice from them because my email address changed over three years ago. There had been a specific time frame before the settlement when they had originally been allowing you to sign up to get an emailed notice regarding the settlement.

My gripe is that I signed up thinking I was a member of this class action and still came out with nothing. It didn't do me any good to sign up years ago because the general public was made aware of the freebies being given away and who knows whether all of those that went and picked up the freebies actually made any purchases at those particular department stores during the time frame that the price fixing supposedly occured. Way to go:g_thumble, for those of you who were able to pick up some of those items. I just didn't feel like making a special trip just for a free item, so I'm not kicking myself for not getting one.