Circuit City to Liquidate

Bingy828

Below is an article posted recently regarding Circuit City's plans to liquidate their remaining stores. The article was found here.

"Circuit City Stores Inc. says it has reached an agreement with liquidators to sell the merchandise in its 567 U.S. stores after failing to find a buyer or a refinancing deal.

The second-biggest electronics retailer in the nation says in court papers it has appointed Great American Group LLC, Hudson Capital Partners LLC, SB Capital Group LLC and Tiger Capital Group LLC as liquidators.

Calls to the Richmond, Va.-based company and the liquidators were not immediately returned.

Circuit City filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in November. U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin Huennekens gave the company permission to liquidate if a buyout was not achieved. "

Wonder when the sales will start! I have a few in my area - I usually don't shop there (as appears would be the case for many people) but I will put them into my rounds to watch what the sales look like and what goodies I can grab at a good deal!! Maybe a great Ipod deal!!! That would be fab!! :D

Wonder when the sales will start! I have a few in my area - I usually don't shop there (as appears would be the case for many people) but I will put them into my rounds to watch what the sales look like and what goodies I can grab at a good deal!! Maybe a great Ipod deal!!! That would be fab!! :D

CNN Money says the sales start tomorrow. I'd give it a couple weeks before there are actual deals to be had.

If they are going through a liquidator, there won't be many good deals to be had. Liquidators are *very* good at getting as much money as they possibly can.

Yes, they usually "bring IN" merchandise that was never there before, and have it marked way up to "look" like a bargain when marked down. BEWARE!