AE Free Ship with 2 Clearance Items

trbarginhunter

did you buy something from 77kids (their child clothign section) by any chance? In the other ae thread (boots on sale) someone reported that if you put any item from 77kids in your cart, your whole order will have free shipping because 77kids stuff ships free... hth

I ordered a pair of pants and a necklace and it worked for me. I was well under $100. In fact, my total was $34.90.

I did try to add some panties to the pants first just to qualify for free shipping and that didn't work. The items have to be from ae.com, not 77kids or aerie.

I had no trouble at all with the free shipping. I ordered two XS shirts for my son this morning. It had trouble getting to the checkout page from where I put in my code. It also had my order $10.00 more until I got to the last page to place the order and then it corrected.

I did place an order but used the 20% off coupon (thank you brithug00) and could not use the free shipping. I did call the customer service department and ask for an adjustment but she stated that she couldn't adjust it because I had already used a coupon code. I then asked her to cancel the order and she claimed she couldn't do that either. I was just seeing if I could sway her into giving me the $6 off for the shipping but it was a no go. :( It was worth a shot though!

This appears to be a generic code (78962049) on their site to get free shipping on 2 or more clearance items.

However, if you read the details, you must spend $100 or more to be eligible for free shipping.

Here is a link to for the details, but I didn't see anything about spending $100

http://www.ae.com/Images/homepage/webset09/01142009/FSPop100.gif

Just to clear the confusion,

If you spend $100, you get free shipping without any code.

Another way to get free shipping without spending $100 is put 2 clearance items in your cart and use the code: 78962049

But you cannot use the 20% off code with the other code, since you can use only one code.

I have placed 3 order already in last 20 days :) My last one was on 13th and since it was over $100 ($102.20 to be exact), I did not have to worry about shipping costs, I used the 20% off code. It was shipped on 14th. And it will be here tomorrow....that is QUICK :D

Just to clear the confusion,

If you spend $100, you get free shipping without any code.

Another way to get free shipping without spending $100 is put 2 clearance items in your cart and use the code: 78962049

But you cannot use the 20% off code with the other code, since you can use only one code.

I have placed 3 order already in last 20 days :) My last one was on 13th and since it was over $100 ($102.20 to be exact), I did not have to worry about shipping costs, I used the 20% off code. It was shipped on 14th. And it will be here tomorrow....that is QUICK :D

I am still confused because I put 2 clearance items in my cart and applied the code and it says that the code has been applied but the conditions have not been met. so it did not take off the shipping charge. Any idea why it is not taking off the shipping charge with 2 clearance items in my cart?

I am still confused because I put 2 clearance items in my cart and applied the code and it says that the code has been applied but the conditions have not been met. so it did not take off the shipping charge. Any idea why it is not taking off the shipping charge with 2 clearance items in my cart?

I would call customer service. They will make it work for you. I tried it too, and it does not seem to work.:confused:

Update: OK, I figured it out why the code is not working. :) But its not good news.

Basically you need to have atleast one item that is 19.95 and above. And the other item cannot be less than 14.95. Then the code works.

But if you have a 19.95 + 7.95 , the code does not work.

very flacky....I guess they want you to buy atleast $35 worth of items before they give free shipping. So much for "free shipping on 2 clearance items" :rolleyes:

Edited by naturegirl
Updated it.

Here is a link to for the details, but I didn't see anything about spending $100

http://www.ae.com/Images/homepage/webset09/01142009/FSPop100.gif

My mistake! I am finding their site very messy with these free shipping codes. If you are on the clearance page and click on the "details" link under the promotion for free shipping, it tells you that you have to spend $100 or more, but then it says if you don't have promo code.

Thats even tho the original link I came from had a promo code for free shipping on 2 clearance items.

Uggh, sorry for the confusion!

My mistake! I am finding their site very messy with these free shipping codes. If you are on the clearance page and click on the "details" link under the promotion for free shipping, it tells you that you have to spend $100 or more, but then it says if you don't have promo code.

Thats even tho the original link I came from had a promo code for free shipping on 2 clearance items.

Uggh, sorry for the confusion!

I know what you mean. It takes me forever to figure out the best route to go with them.

I would call customer service. They will make it work for you. I tried it too, and it does not seem to work.:confused:

Update: OK, I figured it out why the code is not working. :) But its not good news.

Basically you need to have atleast one item that is 19.95 and above. And the other item cannot be less than 14.95. Then the code works.

But if you have a 19.95 + 7.95 , the code does not work.

very flacky....I guess they want you to buy atleast $35 worth of items before they give free shipping. So much for "free shipping on 2 clearance items" :rolleyes:

Hey. I bought two shirts for $9.95 a piece and put the code in and got free shipping.

this might be obvious to some of you frequent shoppers, but if your total before any discounts is over 100 you can use both discounts, the free ship and 20%, but what i didnt realize is the free shipping is calculated on the pre-discount code price, so you can spend 100, get free shipping automatically, then use the discount code and only pay 80. i was thinking it had to be 0ver 100 after the 20% off. I got loads of stuff for 80 dollars, and the code works for 77kids, aerie, and ae. clearance too. i just wanted to mention this, bec if you were going to spend only around 80 its worth it to spend 20 more and get it free basically.