best place to buy Flash Drives

mommyx3

I am looking for a place that sells cheap flash drives. I got dh a MP3 player for Christmas and he has downloaded a ton of music. Therefore, my harddrive is getting fuller and slower. I wanted to transfer them to a flash drive to have as a back up in case my puter crashes (I dont' want to have to rebuy all my Amazon music). Therefore, I figure buying a few flash drives would be a good investment.

TIA,

I would just purchase a usb hard drive vs multiple flash drives. Buy.com usually has some fantastic prices on them.

What is the difference? Does a USB hard drive do anything different or is it just a huge capacity flash drive?

Thanks

well sort of... A usb hard drive is basically a computer hard drive in and external case. Main advantage is the amount of storage. You can get a lot of space for a little money.... and I wouldnt want to risk losing one of the flash drives... or have to try to remember what flash drive had what on it.... If you have a desktop computer up can leave it sit right there and just back up as you go... just a part of the computer. I use one to back up all my pictures, music, documents etc... just my .02 :)

well sort of... A usb hard drive is basically a computer hard drive in and external case. Main advantage is the amount of storage. You can get a lot of space for a little money.... and I wouldnt want to risk losing one of the flash drives... or have to try to remember what flash drive had what on it.... If you have a desktop computer up can leave it sit right there and just back up as you go... just a part of the computer. I use one to back up all my pictures, music, documents etc... just my .02 :)

Cool. Thanks for the info. I am well... technology deficient!

http://www.buy.com/prod/cavalry-160gb-3-5-7200rpm-usb-2-0-external-hard-drive-with-one-touch/q/loc/101/205714254.html

Here is a 160gb external hard drive. Its 60 bucks with free shipping. Should be big enough to hold everything in one spot. They have bigger ones. I think they have a Western Digital 500gb for 90 bucks... It will just depend on how much space you think you will need and how much you want to spend.

Today Buy.com has SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Micro U3 USB2.0 Flash Drive for $14.99 FREE SHIPPING and NO TAX.

Here's the link: SanDisk 8GB Cruzer Micro U3 USB2.0 Flash Drive at BUY.COM

This is a very good deal. Almost as good as Blackfriday deal. On Blackfriday Staples had the same flash drive for $16 with $3 MIR.

Edited by naturegirl

http://www.buy.com/prod/cavalry-160gb-3-5-7200rpm-usb-2-0-external-hard-drive-with-one-touch/q/loc/101/205714254.html

Here is a 160gb external hard drive. Its 60 bucks with free shipping. Should be big enough to hold everything in one spot. They have bigger ones. I think they have a Western Digital 500gb for 90 bucks... It will just depend on how much space you think you will need and how much you want to spend.

Wow! That is bigger than my computers hard drive! Thanks for the info.