LazyBoy to close all Michigan's stores

thearmstrongs

what is going on in MI? ok, i know its the economy, auto market, etc but i am originally form MI and this is not sounding like the place i left! stores closing, auto industry shutting down, etc.

i know its not the only place like this, but it seems to be the only state i hear about with everything leaving. how very, very sad.

sorry i am OT.

what is going on in MI? ok, i know its the economy, auto market, etc but i am originally form MI and this is not sounding like the place i left! stores closing, auto industry shutting down, etc.

i know its not the only place like this, but it seems to be the only state i hear about with everything leaving. how very, very sad.

sorry i am OT.

You are so right, Michigan is doing VERY bad. I don't know how long ago you left, but things a VERY bad! What area did you live in?

You are so right, Michigan is doing VERY bad. I don't know how long ago you left, but things a VERY bad! What area did you live in?

well my dad lives in Warren(outside detroit) and my grandma lives in Roseville. I spent a few years in Port Huron. I lived in Hillman, a little town outside of Alpena, for a few years and met my dh in Alpena. I grew up in Michigan, just moved around alot due to foster care. It just makes me very sad to hear about this cuz i would like to move back someday.

well my dad lives in Warren(outside detroit) and my grandma lives in Roseville. I spent a few years in Port Huron. I lived in Hillman, a little town outside of Alpena, for a few years and met my dh in Alpena. I grew up in Michigan, just moved around alot due to foster care. It just makes me very sad to hear about this cuz i would like to move back someday.

I know where Hillman is!! My friends have a cottage there!! We have a house in Gaylord but live downstate.

I have to say, it isn't a ghost town yet, but it does feel like we are a very fragile egg. Seems like at any time we are going to crack and the whole house of cards will come down.

I hope I'm wrong - I'm in my 30's so I don't have that much experience with the economy here in the metro Detroit area. But all the older people keep telling me they've never seen anything quite like this before. Very scary to hear.

I'd hate to be forced to leave the State, but it may come to that if any of the big 3 go under. It would then officially be a ghost town.