Panasonic 42" Plasma HDTV Television - $699.99 ($999.99) @ Sears.com

noehlp

I have already Bought it @ 629.99 I found out BB dont do 110% Anymore so I went to CC. :yup: The store wants your biz so they will offer 10% off the lowest price. This is why it is 110% off.. If I have to drive across town to save 10 bucks on a 700.00 dollar Item. There would be no way I or 98% of people would do that. But I saved 70.00 And will worth driving across town.

I applaud you if you succeeded in getting the TV for said price, but in the interest of advising everyone else here on what they should expect, I figured it would be only proper to post the following:

Perhaps the "Powers-That-Be" could put together a more complete reference for this (if they haven't already - to be honest, I didn't search for one...)

Circuit City has what they call their "Unbeatable Price Guarantee". This guarantee - like BestBuy's - only offers 110% of the price difference, not 10% off the lowest sale price. And like BestBuy's guarantee, it will depend on Circuit City acknowledging the lower advertised price as coming from an "authorized seller", not a reseller or something...

But like just about any other store out there, the manager you speak with will generally have the authority to mark the price down to whatever point they deem appropriate. Now, if the manager just put in their two weeks notice and is looking for a vacation, they might be more inclined to discount the product than a new manager that just got in trouble last week for marking something down too much. So, as they say, your mileage may vary.

- Dan