Small Wal-Mart Rant

So I went the day after Christmas to restock my Christmas paper/bags/bows/etc. My first stop was Wal-mart. I was hesitant to buy a few things for fear that I might see cuter items at other stores once I left wally world but I went ahead and bought them just incase. As I thought once I got to target I found some cuter stocking holders, bags, garland and such. So, I went ahead and bought the stuff at target just knowing that as long as I had my reciept I could return some of the wal mart stuff. I sent my boyfriend to walmart with the reciept today and the few items that I wanted to return which were 4 stocking holders, 4 christmas bags, a set of christmas tags, and some garland. He came home, bags in hand and said that he walked up to the service desk handed the lady the reciept and told her we had purchased the items yesterday and she promptly told him "sorry sir you can't return christmas items". Has anyone else ever heard of wal mart doing this? I mean there was no "all sales final" signs that I saw.

So I went the day after Christmas to restock my Christmas paper/bags/bows/etc. My first stop was Wal-mart. I was hesitant to buy a few things for fear that I might see cuter items at other stores once I left wally world but I went ahead and bought them just incase. As I thought once I got to target I found some cuter stocking holders, bags, garland and such. So, I went ahead and bought the stuff at target just knowing that as long as I had my reciept I could return some of the wal mart stuff. I sent my boyfriend to walmart with the reciept today and the few items that I wanted to return which were 4 stocking holders, 4 christmas bags, a set of christmas tags, and some garland. He came home, bags in hand and said that he walked up to the service desk handed the lady the reciept and told her we had purchased the items yesterday and she promptly told him "sorry sir you can't return christmas items". Has anyone else ever heard of wal mart doing this? I mean there was no "all sales final" signs that I saw.

If the items were marked "clearance", They're usually not returnable, even if they're broken.

I think it depends on the sales clerk. Last year I bought some Xmas cards and returned them Xmas eve, without problems. This year, I tried something like that and was told it was seasonal and couldn't. I will attempt to return them again in a couple of days.

I've returned Seasonal Clearance to both Target and WalMart. I've always had a receipt, but I've never had a problem. I would definitely try again. I know my husband would have come home bags in hand. I however would have said..."NO, I need to speak with a manager. I have a receipt. I purchased these AFTER Christmas. So returning them after Christmas shouldn't be a problem". Especially since it is so soon. You aren't returning them in March. They can just put them back and somebody else may still be happy to buy them. It all depends on who you get. I was SO mad because I went to Target to buy a TV. The guy that helped me was an idiot. He said they didn't have the tv I wanted and walked away. I was like...HEY WAIT I'M NOT DONE! But he was gone. So I went and got another employee after WAITING...I asked him to do a search to see what other stores may have the tv in stock. He said...we have this here. Did you want me to get it for you? I said YES! Then I told the other guy...THIS IS THE TV YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T HAVE. Then I complaining about the idiot with another customer that had a similar problem with the same employee and another girl working there heard us. She said Target is ALL about customer service and I told her. Target is a COMPANY! Inside that company you have good employees...but there are also idiots. And this guy should NOT work for Target since he doesn't follow the Target policy of good customer service. So moral of my long story is, don't take one person's word for something. Try again. I'm sure they will take it back. :yup:

I know my walmart has done that in the past where they say no holiday merchandise can be returned after the holiday......... well that is NOT company policy and stores get away with it because people dont want the hassel of dealing with managers and calling walmart hotline to complain. Well needless to say enough people must have called on my store because they havent had that sign after any holiday the last 2 years and prior to that you could be your house that it would be posted.