JCPenney Earliest Opening Ever

secretagent2006

JCPenney's announced all stores will open at 5:30am the day after Christmas. All Christmas merchandise 80% off. All men's, women's, and junior's clothing 50-75% off already reduced prices! This is the first time JCP has opened this early on the day after Christmas in its entire history.

http://biz.yahoo.com/usnews/081223/23_where_to_find_the_absolute_best_post_christmas_sales.html?.v=1&.pf=family-home

I went and was not that impressed. I really did not find anything. Don't get me wrong there was a ton of clearance since this was a new store not attached to a mall. But not at prices that were making me want to grab things up or anything. The Starbucks gift sets were 75% which were nice.

I actually thought JCPenney's 75% off Christmas was a pretty good deal. I got two Disney globes one big one with princesses and one with Mickey. They play music and are very pretty. I also got two packages of wooden ornaments (4 in each) which I thought were neat since our kids are still young and we've only been decorating our tree with lights and the like skipping the glass ornaments. Now I can decorate the tree some more since it's staying up until after New-Years as we're having a Christmas/New-Years party at our place next weekend. I also picked up 2 candles whick flicker and look like they're really lit but in fact work on batteries. Very pretty too, one gold and the other one red. Also Disney Mickey and Friends serving tray.

They also had kid slippers 50% off. Used the $10 off coupon too.

Went yesterday and their 60% off clearance was more expensive then when I purchased the same items before Christmas; Mens Van Hussen Shirts I purchased for $19.99 (plus 15% off coupon) originally $55 - yesterday they were on sale for $21.99. Prices throughout the store are still very high :(