Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

forgot to mention.. talked to one of the employee .. he mentioned they are clearing out floors for new toys for fall and extended Christmas shopping this year in eary August.

he said most probably First week of august or second week of august. so i am assuming they wont go to 75% off till last week of July here in Minneapolis for sure.

Yep, that is what they summer toy clearance is all about. As soon as they finish, you'll see the re-set. They'll reorganize some sections and change the aisles around. They'll also add risers on top of the shelving to do overstock. Then they'll start getting in the fall/Christmas merchandise and it will go up, up, up.

Given the state of things, and the fact that it is usually not till the last week of July/first week of August in most years, that sounds right. I think there'll be a few things 75% next week, but not the majority. I think they'll also add some stuff next week again. Some stores still haven't even marked Legos, so they need to do that for 30% at least. They'll probably then drop straight to 75% 2 weeks later. But all just speculation....

Too bad one of our stores just had the toy manager fired. Several employees were eating from Food Ave but not paying. All got fired....You gotta wonder what they heck they were thinking. In this economy you just hang on and fly right to keep a good job...

Hey everyone, it's been way too long since I have been on here. Good news though, my bf and I recently bought a brand new town house and are very excited to furnish it with all the Target clearance stuff we have. The entire half of our 40x20 attic is all target clearance! I'll have to take a photo of it and post it as soon as i can!

In other news, I went to my local Target and saw they had started to markdown all summer picnic stuff down to 30%!

found temple of the lost crystal skulls legos for 55, grabbed it cuz there was only one. Legos.com is already sold out on that one. Also went ahead and bought the geotrax, closest target still has 4 more so if they go on 50% or 75% i'll buy again and return.

What is targets return policy...at one time i heard 2 returns per year per ID???

found temple of the lost crystal skulls legos for 55, grabbed it cuz there was only one. Legos.com is already sold out on that one. Also went ahead and bought the geotrax, closest target still has 4 more so if they go on 50% or 75% i'll buy again and return.

What is targets return policy...at one time i heard 2 returns per year per ID???

If you have the receipt, you can return as much as you like, so keep the receipt in your purse or car so that if you find the item clearanced cheaper-just buy it again and walk back in and return the one you just bought with the older receipt. If you don't have receipt, your right its like 2 over a certain $ amount.

New rules on no receipt returns. Up to total value of $70 or $75 (can't remember what they told me), but you can do that in as many transactions as you want up to the total value. But if you paid by CC or Debit, you can just have them look it up. But I also agree about just carrying the receipt with you. Saves those ID returns for when you need them.

Can people please post when they see the picnic stuff go lower than 30%.

For some reason, there is one particular store near me that cannot move any of it, so for the past two years I have really cleaned up at 90%, and let me tell you, those Cynthia Rowley Margarita buckets taste ESPECIALLY good at .49 cents. lol!!

I recently purchased a cute Sunny Patch lawnchair for $3.24 at one of my local Targets.

All the Sunny Patch items were on clearance (I can't remember how much of a markdown) but the cute girl crocs were still pricey.

The lawnchair was originally marked $12.99

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, and its not a 'Clearance' deal - but hopefully still OK to put here. Target has a $1 off web coupon for Kashi cereal exp. 8/8/09 (I get my coups at the organic grocery coupon generator page). There are some small Kashi to-go type cereal bowls near the end of the isle at our target for $1 each. I tried it out last night and the coupon worked fine. Free cereal! It states one per transaction on the coupon, but no size limit. HTH!

Thanks!! :D

Hi Ladies I am new here & just stumbled accross this Target thread, great to know there are some fellow Target stalkers like myself :D . Was at my local Target as usual when it opened, they had changed a few toys that were already marked down at 30% to 50% but only a few,mainly girl toys. The seasonal picnic outdoor section that is next to BTS is now marked down at 30%.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, and its not a 'Clearance' deal - but hopefully still OK to put here. Target has a $1 off web coupon for Kashi cereal exp. 8/8/09 (I get my coups at the organic grocery coupon generator page). There are some small Kashi to-go type cereal bowls near the end of the isle at our target for $1 each. I tried it out last night and the coupon worked fine. Free cereal! It states one per transaction on the coupon, but no size limit. HTH!

Thanks. I've done this on my last two visits.

Toys in WPB Fl. range from 30-75% OFF. Great deals to be had on childrens clothes however they had 4 racks girls clothes 75% since we live in fl. we get to take advantage cause we wear shorts, tanks and short sleeve shirts all year. Also had alot of boys character shirts like pokemon etc. for 3.98.

Ellen, where do you shop? I wonder if we shop at the same stores as we are both in WPB,although I am on vacation at the moment & am shopping inLexington KY right now, but I have my spys out at homewith my lis ofgoodies that I want :D

I live in Wellington, I shop at 441 and Lantana,Lake worth, and RPB. What about you?

I live in Loxahatchee, I take RPB, Lake Worth & used to take Palm Beach Lakes whilst my girlfriend in Wellington watches Lantana, Lake Worth, Congress & Hagen ranch.

How funny is that,I am sure you will see my girlfriend when the toys go 75%. She will have 2 girls in tow & be stocking uo for me as I am out of town until the first week of August. Its kinda nice shopping like this with someone as we always watch out for each other. When we are waiting the big clearences we split the week up & take days so we dont have tpo drag the kids out evey morning,LOL.

I am sure you must pi$$ off the same employees we do especially when the seaonal stuff goes to 90% & they then saalvage it but we always manage to find some that shows up NOF, they HATE us ;)

Went to Target today to pick up a few items and made a run thru toys. Found new markdowns that weren't there on Thursday, so looks like my store is marking outside of their "regular" schedule. Just when I thought I had it all figured out (2 years in the learning curve), they put a kink in the works!!:rolleyes: Oh well, I'm still on the hunt and will be in California next week stalking with the West Coast GottaDealers!

###Indiana Jones Lego Sets 30% off

###Large Bionicle sets 30% off

###outside pool toys (the ones in the bins) 30% off

I live in Loxahatchee, I take RPB, Lake Worth & used to take Palm Beach Lakes whilst my girlfriend in Wellington watches Lantana, Lake Worth, Congress & Hagen ranch.

How funny is that,I am sure you will see my girlfriend when the toys go 75%. She will have 2 girls in tow & be stocking uo for me as I am out of town until the first week of August. Its kinda nice shopping like this with someone as we always watch out for each other. When we are waiting the big clearences we split the week up & take days so we dont have tpo drag the kids out evey morning,LOL.

I am sure you must pi$$ off the same employees we do especially when the seaonal stuff goes to 90% & they then saalvage it but we always manage to find some that shows up NOF, they HATE us ;)

We will definately have to put our heads together before Black Friday. I will post when I find good clearance.

How come no one informed about the bedding (bed in a bag) clearance?? I finally went to Target today and found out they were 75% off. I couldn't find a queen size only a bunch of fulls. I've gone to 4 Targets around my area, but no luck. I have one other and will surely go tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they are all gone by now. Wish me luck!!!

Nothing new in toys but hit the motherload in domestics. Tons of comforter sets were marked 75% off along with sheets and various bedding. Also found a set of lights with footballs, baseballs, basketballs and soccer balls as covers.

###097022329 circo string light sports theme 3.87 was 15.49

###bedding (comforter sets, sheet sets, various bedding) 75% off

How come no one informed about the bedding (bed in a bag) clearance?? I finally went to Target today and found out they were 75% off. I couldn't find a queen size only a bunch of fulls. I've gone to 4 Targets around my area, but no luck. I have one other and will surely go tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they are all gone by now. Wish me luck!!!

It was reported 4 days ago.