Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

###030002348 - 2 pk. Gerber Blanket Sleepers - Fleece - 2.48 (75%)

(In Baby Section. Finally found another package in size 3T. I bought one a while ago for 30% so I will have to return this one with that receipt)

###088020447 - Sponge Bob Soccerball size 3 (age 3+) - 2.48 (75%)

(Must be left over from Toys clearance)

I found a bunch more Thomas toys discounted today 50%. They are all metal ones take-along. 22 pk. plastic rails and some kind of rails with bridge. Also helicopter set. They were all in a clearance isle. I'll have to keep watching for when these go 75%.

does anyone know when the home design event will go 75% or 90%? I asked earlier in the thread but no one responded. :)

Since they are not treating it like seasonal merchandise, I have serious doubts about it going 90% this year. I sure wouldn't count on it.

It isn't likely to go 75% until at least next week since they advertised it 50% off in this week's flyer. :no: Which is a bummer since I wanted to get some sheets and will be in New York the first half of next week when they'll probably drop it.

I'm so bummed about some of the bargains in the KC area. I had high hopes that the Magic Chef icemaker would be marked down again to the $42.50 that others paid. Imagine my surprise when I went to 2 Targets (one had 5 on the shelves the night before-Thursday) only to find that rather than do any further markdowns, they sent the stuff to "salvage", whatever that is??? I'm really mad now. I guess I'll be taking that sucker back next week and getting my $84 back. Man I'm jealous of some of you!!!! :eek:

I'm so bummed about some of the bargains in the KC area. I had high hopes that the Magic Chef icemaker would be marked down again to the $42.50 that others paid. Imagine my surprise when I went to 2 Targets (one had 5 on the shelves the night before-Thursday) only to find that rather than do any further markdowns, they sent the stuff to "salvage", whatever that is??? I'm really mad now. I guess I'll be taking that sucker back next week and getting my $84 back. Man I'm jealous of some of you!!!! :eek:

Salvage is when they mark the item back up to regular price and then, typically, donate the items to Goodwill. They do this often and it is why you need to keep a keen eye out. I recently bought a home item I wanted for 50% off because I wanted it enough. Every Target is completely different so no matter that it is posted here, you may not find the exact product or the price at any time.

My stores have the pink Dyson on for 15% (where it's been for over 2 weeks now) and I keep eyeing it. They only had one at one store and two at another. Last night, one store pulled out SIX more!!! I'm soooooooo crossing my fingers on the longshot that I can score one of these for 50% or maybe even 75%. That would make my day!!

If you return it, be sure to check back within a day. If they salvaged it, which means they sent it to a salvage company that will unload it. They do sometimes sell directly to Salvation Army, Goodwill or other smaller charitable organizations who buy salvage merchandise to resell in their thrift stores, but a lot of it goes to salvage houses that sell it in large auctions and on sites like http://www.liquidation.com

Anyway, check back because items that have been salvaged often go back to the sales floor anyway and ring up Not of File or Item not Found. If you get a young, inexperienced cashier (usually male), they will probably ask you if you know the price, and you can tell them....

With the newest $1/1 Johnson first aid coupon that came out yesterday- it says excludes trial size, BUT they have a 10 pack of Hello Kitty band aids that do not say trial on it. Do you think I could use it on them? Some are even houses in the regular aisle with the other band aids as well as some housed in the trial section.

Probably! I bought my son one at 75% last summer and gave it to him for Christmas. The one I got was the Step 2 one that sits on the ground and has two sides. I remember seeing others on sale, but don't remember which ones. That stuff generally always goes clearance because they don't carry it year round. Good Luck!

I'm not sure if this where I should ask but I am goning to give it a try... During there next toy sale after summer, will they have the sand boxes on sale? My son has autism and he loves to play in beans and sand boxes at school. Thanks

With the newest $1/1 Johnson first aid coupon that came out yesterday- it says excludes trial size, BUT they have a 10 pack of Hello Kitty band aids that do not say trial on it. Do you think I could use it on them? Some are even houses in the regular aisle with the other band aids as well as some housed in the trial section.

Probably. I used the Wet Ones coupons on the travel size packs yesterday and they weren't supposed to be used for them.

I'm traveling to NY Saturday, and I want wipes for the plane. I have never been a germ phobe, but I have been so sick this fall (despite my flu shot, I just haven't had the flu!), and they don't clean the planes anymore. I want wipes to wipe down everything! My girlfriend's husband got an infection in his elbow from the arm rest last summer and ended up needing surgery for it!!

FYI, a LOT of the trial size stuff is clearance. I noticed it yesterday when I was cruising for trip items.

Since they are not treating it like seasonal merchandise, I have serious doubts about it going 90% this year. I sure wouldn't count on it.

It isn't likely to go 75% until at least next week since they advertised it 50% off in this week's flyer. :no: Which is a bummer since I wanted to get some sheets and will be in New York the first half of next week when they'll probably drop it.

is comforter clearance a part of home design event clearance??

thnks .i was a bit confused. is it likely that is goes 75% this week TIA

I'd keep checking! I saw some target brand along with some waverly garden and wooolrich sheet sets on clearance (75% off) @ 1 of my targets last week It was the 1 that usually does everything before the other targets in my area

No on both counts, I would think. I don't know about everywhere, but here the linens just went 50% last week, so they should not drop again until next week.

**If we're talking about bedding linens, I just saw some (can't remember brand) 450 thread count 75% off at one of my Targets. I could only find Twin size though (at least 10 pks.), so I have a feeling they might have just discounted that size but then again maybe all Queen and King were grabbed quickly. These were very nice, I sure would have picked some up if I found them in Queen (I think it was something like 17.xx down from 6x.xx?)

I was very surprised to see these 75% as all the rest of linens and comforters were 50%.

So I guess you never know!!

**Oh yeh.. forgot to mention that these were on the end cap and in the isle but then on the opposite wall on the end cap they had this same brand on an end cap - all sizes and these were wringing full price. I think I also overheard an employee commenting how the new packaging for these was nicer than the old so I guess they got all new styles and so were trying to get rid of the old ones fast..

### 082-07-0363 Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter - 30% off (orig. 39.99)

http://www.target.com/Radio-Flyer-My-1st-Scooter/dp/B000OWAZYU/sr=1-1/qid=1234213786/ref=sr_1_1/179-8320276-2536716?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aradio%20flyer%20scooter&page=1

There was only one scooter and it was placed with all the 75% off toys with a 75% off sign. I had someone with a PDA scan it and she said it was only 30% off, then moved it to another area. Too bad for me. I would've bought it for 75% off! :(

I went to target today and found a real nice employee. The ice maker rand up item not found...and I told her it was suppose to go 75% last Thursday. They said it went salvage at $84 and I said no way. She went and got someone who ended up marking it down to

$42.xx for me. I thanked her and did the happy dance! This one was out of the box so I hope it works!!!!!

http://www.target.com/Radio-Flyer-My-1st-Scooter/dp/B000OWAZYU/sr=1-1/qid=1234213786/ref=sr_1_1/179-8320276-2536716?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aradio%20flyer%20scooter&page=1

There was only one scooter and it was placed with all the 75% off toys with a 75% off sign. I had someone with a PDA scan it and she said it was only 30% off, then moved it to another area. Too bad for me. I would've bought it for 75% off! :(

**I guess you were supposed to fight with them so they give it to you for 75%?? I really hate it though when you have to fight teeth and nails for something. I think if something is supposed to be a certain way (like they make a mistake) they should just offer to correct it themselves, now that would be Great Customer Service!!

**I guess you were supposed to fight with them so they give it to you for 75%?? I really hate it though when you have to fight teeth and nails for something. I think if something is supposed to be a certain way (like they make a mistake) they should just offer to correct it themselves, now that would be Great Customer Service!!

If there were several of them on the same shelf, I probably would have made a fuss about it. There was only one and no other ones were to be found anywhere in the toy area. I'm sure they would have just told me "it was misplaced....customers move things all the time to different areas". I figured I wouldn't win the battle for this one anyhow.

my Target Finally marked down boys hats & gloves to 75% off, couple of finds today:

###202060536 boys lic hat $1.74 (75% off)

###202060537 boys lic gloves $0.98 (75% off)

###059101420 strawberry shortcake coloring / activity/ sticker book w/CD $2.92 (75% off)

###08809353 electric pitching machine $5.50 (75% off)

###204033016 Fisher Price kid tough dvd pink $37.48 (75% off)

I set this dvd player aside 3 weeks ago can't believe it was still there!!

at my 2nd target not much however I did manage to find the large bulk bottle of ALL Laundry soap 50% off

See, now the way I do it is first to make sure it isn't just an oddball that a customer might have moved. If it is, then it is unreasonable to expect to get the extra discount. Then I grab an employee and say, "you see this? It is clearly sitting here under a 75% off sign. You see it sitting there?" Then I get their name and haul it up front and argue at the register and have them call employee 1 on the walkie talkie to confirm it. That's my method.

See, now the way I do it is first to make sure it isn't just an oddball that a customer might have moved. If it is, then it is unreasonable to expect to get the extra discount. Then I grab an employee and say, "you see this? It is clearly sitting here under a 75% off sign. You see it sitting there?" Then I get their name and haul it up front and argue at the register and have them call employee 1 on the walkie talkie to confirm it. That's my method.

When there is only one though, it's hard to fight with them when it's under a 75% off sign. Plus, I don't know what the "rules" are in California when it comes to prices. The scooter was on an endcap on the very top of the shelf behind another box.

When there is only one though, it's hard to fight with them when it's under a 75% off sign. Plus, I don't know what the "rules" are in California when it comes to prices. The scooter was on an endcap on the very top of the shelf behind another box.

If it is on a shelf with a sign in front of it, legally, they are required to sell it to you for that price here. I'm in LA. If there is only one, then it is even more of a case that they should do so. That does not mean that you will win, but if you get a good manager, they'll honor it. That is why I always grab an employee to witness it.

It is also why it is good to get to know who the store manager is. I had this argument at Christmas with another manager because an item was misplaced and the shelf tag it was with was even similar in name. There were 3 of them there. It was the Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles, $69 at the time, and stocked at a spot that said something like Spy Goggles and $14.99. I pushed, but the manager refused, so I called the county Weights & Measures office. They did an undercover sting, but it had already been fixed. 2 days later I approached the store manager and told him the story and that if that was the way they wanted to run things, I'd simply start calling Weights & Measures first. The manager said, "no, no, we don't need to do that." And I ended up getting the toy for the $14.99 price. He introduced me to his assistant manager and told me to call him anytime I needed assistance. They make a point of asking me about pricing now. They know I shop there 5-6 days a week, and that I spend a fortune there for both regular & clearance merchandise. So, it pays to argue and to develop relationships with the employees.

I went to target today and found a real nice employee. The ice maker rand up item not found...and I told her it was suppose to go 75% last Thursday. They said it went salvage at $84 and I said no way. She went and got someone who ended up marking it down to

$42.xx for me. I thanked her and did the happy dance! This one was out of the box so I hope it works!!!!!

Are you in the KC area? I called two other stores and they'd sent theirs out. I still have the new one in the trunk of my car... but I suspect it will be going back this weekend.:confused: