Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Finally all our toys got marked to 75%. I don't know when it actually happened. Not much left.

I got:

### 087 05 0635 Air Hogs Havoc Heli set 21.24

There were several of those left. I was surprised.

Also found something that I hadn't noticed before.

### 087 02 0855 Speed Racer Digital camera w/3 faceplates 3.74

Says it does video, too. I thought it would be neat for my son. He will be 6 in December. I got another one for a birthday gift.

Almost no baby clearance left.

I'm wondering for all those finding MM's do you just find them because you get there 1st thing in the morning? I never get to Target at opening (usually either after 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.) so I figure I won't have any luck finding any MM's at that time and get too lazy to check. Do you think they can stock up on them any time of the day or is it just the certain time of the day that you get lucky?? I wouldn't mind checking that isle if I knew I had a real chance on finding some but not if I'm just wasting my time.. Thanks!

Global Bazaar 50% here also. No movement on linens. Saw a number of lamps marked down today.

Loads of those digital snowglobe things at the Lake store in Pasadena.

**What was % on the lamps? Anything for the kids? I need two lamps for my kids rooms but I'm not even sure I saw anything I liked at Target for kids.. I did see some lamp shades which I thought would be cute for DD but it was 50% and I would have gotten it at 75%. Prob. gone by now. They were on the end cap last week.

I'm wondering for all those finding MM's do you just find them because you get there 1st thing in the morning? I never get to Target at opening (usually either after 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.) so I figure I won't have any luck finding any MM's at that time and get too lazy to check. Do you think they can stock up on them any time of the day or is it just the certain time of the day that you get lucky?? I wouldn't mind checking that isle if I knew I had a real chance on finding some but not if I'm just wasting my time.. Thanks!

I find 1 or 2 boxes every 3 weeks or so. I usually find them at the store I go to on Friday night after work-so I don't think time matters too much. I always find them right there in front, out in the open, never hidden behind other boxes. I was actually afraid that with the MM 15 pack being on sale this week that others might find out little secret! We'll see I guess.

I'm wondering for all those finding MM's do you just find them because you get there 1st thing in the morning? I never get to Target at opening (usually either after 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.) so I figure I won't have any luck finding any MM's at that time and get too lazy to check. Do you think they can stock up on them any time of the day or is it just the certain time of the day that you get lucky?? I wouldn't mind checking that isle if I knew I had a real chance on finding some but not if I'm just wasting my time..

Thanks!

I have found them at all times of the day and really it just becomes sort of a natural thing to wiz down the juice box aisle and give it a glance. A majority of the time I don't find any and increasingly, it is getting harder and harder. I'm sure there are a lot more people who have found out about (and naturally want in on) this deal. But, I still take a whirl down that aisle just in the off chance there are some there. I'm thinking it probably depends on when the food court checks their supply or restocks the juices since it is linked to that area of the store. I've found them late at night too, but perhaps the chances are probably better in the morning. I'm not entirely sure. Also, there are some stores that I just NEVER have any luck, and I personally think those are the stores where the employees restocking are probably aware of the good deal, and therefore the packs never even make it to the floor.

I find 1 or 2 boxes every 3 weeks or so. I usually find them at the store I go to on Friday night after work-so I don't think time matters too much. I always find them right there in front, out in the open, never hidden behind other boxes. I was actually afraid that with the MM 15 pack being on sale this week that others might find out little secret! We'll see I guess.

I have found them at all times of the day and really it just becomes sort of a natural thing to wiz down the juice box aisle and give it a glance. A majority of the time I don't find any and increasingly, it is getting harder and harder. I'm sure there are a lot more people who have found out about (and naturally want in on) this deal. But, I still take a whirl down that aisle just in the off chance there are some there. I'm thinking it probably depends on when the food court checks their supply or restocks the juices since it is linked to that area of the store. I've found them late at night too, but perhaps the chances are probably better in the morning. I'm not entirely sure. Also, there are some stores that I just NEVER have any luck, and I personally think those are the stores where the employees restocking are probably aware of the good deal, and therefore the packs never even make it to the floor.

Thanks!!

**What was % on the lamps? Anything for the kids? I need two lamps for my kids rooms but I'm not even sure I saw anything I liked at Target for kids.. I did see some lamp shades which I thought would be cute for DD but it was 50% and I would have gotten it at 75%. Prob. gone by now. They were on the end cap last week.

Didn't look terribly closely because we just got a lamp for Christmas from my mom. There was a pretty wide variety. Think they were 30%.

Never heard about pyrex. I will have to do some research on it. Can you buy it at Target? We usually just stick a microwavable plate in but the real challenge has been figuring out how to send dd3 lunch to daycare so it can be microwaved. They don't allow glass or anything that breaks.. I guess hubby was saying even those ChefBoy RDs (sp?) are packaged in plastic bowls and even frozen lunches are supposedly not that safe (even though I do eat those sometimes.) We do use mostly Corelle dishes at our house (LOVE how light they are) but who knows if those are even safe??

Have you ever checked into Tupperware? It is microwaveable and they say it is made of a different kind of plastic that does not cause cancer. I was told this at a party last year.

Woohoo...thanks for the heads up on the Animal Caller...I got one today.

Yeah it is definitely marked wrong...that thing is really cute. My little one is going to love it!

Thanks again!

Finally I found something to report.... all of you seem to find the things first lately.. but today I went to get those Butterfly houses for $3.94 (by the way... those are listed on Target.com for $15.74) and above them were the Backyard Safari Animal Callers for $2.48 (these are listed for $15-$24 on the internet) They are really cute and they have calls and it says the harder you blow the louder the sound. It makes 10 cool animal sounds. Anyways, hope you find some before they realize its marked wrong cause its more than 75% off right now.

it varies on the time- found those last night at 7pm- but have found others at 8am- I check all the time- you may get lucky. When I first started looking for them I was finding them weekly- but it had been months since I found any--jackpot last night!

Just curious- with all of us getting similar toys at such great deals, I'd like to see discussed whether or not they were worth it after the fact. In other words, just because the Air Hog Helicopters were marked down from $88 to $22, are they worth it? Do the kids enjoy them or do they get played once and either break or get thrown in a toy bin? I bought those for DS7's b-day in April, but would take them back in a heartbeat if I found that they weren't worth it.

Feedback is appreciated! Thanks!!

Just curious- with all of us getting similar toys at such great deals, I'd like to see discussed whether or not they were worth it after the fact. In other words, just because the Air Hog Helicopters were marked down from $88 to $22, are they worth it? Do the kids enjoy them or do they get played once and either break or get thrown in a toy bin? I bought those for DS7's b-day in April, but would take them back in a heartbeat if I found that they weren't worth it.

Such a discussion should be done in another thread. This one is only to post Target Clearance finds.

stopped back by to check on quilts, and double checked. most were 30%. a few 50%. didn't see much specifically for kids, but stuff that would work for sure.

I disagree. I really appreciate hearing opinions about things here mixed in with Target clearance finds.

Quoted from the original first post:

As many of you know, Target B&M stores are known for their terrific clearance deals. This thread is for GottaDeal.com forum members to share their latest clearance finds. Also, please keep non-clearance discussion to a minimum - there are other threads for discussing weekly sale ads and store policy.

Quoted from the original first post:

As many of you know, Target B&M stores are known for their terrific clearance deals. This thread is for GottaDeal.com forum members to share their latest clearance finds. Also, please keep non-clearance discussion to a minimum - there are other threads for discussing weekly sale ads and store policy.

But wasn't the poster wanting to specifically discuss the toys that were in the clearance sale? Doesn't that fall within the parameters of the thread topic? There's been lots of discussions in this thread about the Dirt Devil Kruz, Brum and Fisher Price DVD player as well. All clearance items.

But wasn't the poster wanting to specifically discuss the toys that were in the clearance sale? Doesn't that fall within the parameters of the thread topic? There's been lots of discussions in this thread about the Dirt Devil Kruz, Brum and Fisher Price DVD player as well. All clearance items.

There have been comments about all. In fact, that is what the original post states..."please keep it to a minimum."

If you want to get in depth, then I asked that it could be done in a separate post.

If you are ever wondering about a specific toy, I would just ask. If I have any knowledge about it's value (or lack of), I, for one, will be happy to answer your post. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Air Hog Helicopters. Sorry!

I got my nephews some for christmas and they both love theirs. they are still working fine. my friends son got one for christmas and loves it. it is still working fine. i actually picked up the $84.xx pack for $21.xx for him for his birthday or christmas. hth :)

I agree that comments relating to a clearance item fall under this forum.

stopped back by to check on quilts, and double checked. most were 30%. a few 50%. didn't see much specifically for kids, but stuff that would work for sure.

**Thank you!! Can I just say - you've been very helpfull and I've enjoyed reading all of your posts during Christmas stuff mark-downs and Toy's clearance sale. I wonder sometimes if you don't secretly work for Target, cause you seem to know A LOT about everything. :) Just wanted to say Thanks!!

I found one of those HP Printer/copier/ scanners tonight for $19.98. It was only 50% off, but since it was the only one left, I went ahead and bought it. I figured if it came w/ ink (which is so expensive!) it was worth it.

I also bought a light blue kids sleeping bag for $2.24.

I found a Razor scooter for 12.24 (or something like that), but I didn't buy it. The box was open and torn, so I was concerned that everything was still in the box. Plus I couldn't think of anybody to give it to so I left it on the shelf.

**I've mentioned the same type of discussion in a post a couple of pages back (though I did suggest we create a separte thread in the discussion forum) but no one jumped on the idea so I dropped it. Just wanted to mention that I understand where you're coming from though.. Even though we can all read reviews on Amazon (or some place else) for most of these Toys they are not always as relevant because one would imagine someone who bought the same Toy for 3 times the price might have different expectations and different level of satisfaction.

There are a lot of Toys that I bought that I wouldn't return even if I hear someone else had a bad experience with them but there are a few I'm still undecided about.

So if someone has an opinion on the following Toys I would love to hear it!:

KidiArtStudio

Handy Manny Tool Truck

RoseArt Easel

Imaginext Gorilla Mountain

Carnival Ball Zone (Playhut)

Thanks!

I depend on the comments from the fellow shoppers to help me decided whether or not to buy something. Example - I decided against the FP DVD player and decided to buy Crammer because of the comments in this thread. I too wondered about the Air Hogs and decided against buying them because of a lack of feedback. (I have also searched high & low for a Foreman deep fryer because of the recommendations in this group... Didn't find one - but I looked!)

I think if we keep it on topic - in reference to items that are on clearance - the thumbs up or thumbs down comments are a necessary addition to the discussion. We are all here to help and the extra advice is very much welcomed in my opinion.

JMHO. :)

**I've mentioned the same type of discussion in a post a couple of pages back (though I did suggest we create a separte thread in the discussion forum) but no one jumped on the idea so I dropped it. Just wanted to mention that I understand where you're coming from though.. Even though we can all read reviews on Amazon (or some place else) for most of these Toys they are not always as relevant because one would imagine someone who bought the same Toy for 3 times the price might have different expectations and different level of satisfaction.

There are a lot of Toys that I bought that I wouldn't return even if I hear someone else had a bad experience with them but there are a few I'm still undecided about.

So if someone has an opinion on the following Toys I would love to hear it!:

KidiArtStudio

Handy Manny Tool Truck

RoseArt Easel

Imaginext Gorilla Mountain

Carnival Ball Zone (Playhut)

Thanks!

I can comment on one of these - DS4 got Gorilla Mountain for Christmas and everyone loves it, including DS6 and DD1! The red eyes that light up on the gorilla as he spits out bats scare her a bit but she keeps going back for more! :)