Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I scored the baby trend sit in stand for $32.xx i'm thinking it was either a return or they found it in the back. Our store had two to begin with, and they were gone at 30%..I'm wondering if an employee stuck it in the back or something and another brought it out. I got lucky! Also found the fisher price pink power plus swing for $22.xx.

This one. I didn't buy it since they only had one & it is a service for 4. Hope this helps.:)

http://www.target.com/Corelle-Pro-Rivage-16-pc-Dinnerware/dp/B00112G6XQ/ref=sc_pgc_r_2_1_1042044/178-2648117-9307634?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1

**Thanks! Yes, that's the one I've been seeing with the clearance sign next to it. I've been scanning it periodically but it's been coming up at 30% at the most. Maybe I'll go and try it Today. Hopefully they still have some left.

We use Corelle as our everyday dishes and we already have two sets (no cups though) but I don't care too much about it matching. I just love the way it's so light and supposedly not easy to break as we do have two little ones. Although I have to say I had a cereal bowl fall into a sink once and it smashed into a million little pieces. Kind of reminded me of the safety glass.. Not sure if that's better than farfor (sp?) breaking.

**Thanks! Yes, that's the one I've been seeing with the clearance sign next to it. I've been scanning it periodically but it's been coming up at 30% at the most. Maybe I'll go and try it Today. Hopefully they still have some left.

We use Corelle as our everyday dishes and we already have two sets (no cups though) but I don't care too much about it matching. I just love the way it's so light and supposedly not easy to break as we do have two little ones. Although I have to say I had a cereal bowl fall into a sink once and it smashed into a million little pieces. Kind of reminded me of the safety glass.. Not sure if that's better than farfor (sp?) breaking.

You might check walmart. They sell Corelle.

Has anyone tried the funkeys. I bought the starter kit and few extra characters, but not sure if they are any good. Funkeys are about the only clearance thing left at my store.

THanks!

It is a fun online game. Sort of geared toward elementary age boys. Like Webkinz or Neopets in that you get an online character for each one you buy. However, different in that each one opens up a different portion of the game, and if you buy the rare or very rare versions of each character (there are 3 versions per character) you get additional features.

I'm in NE Mesa too, shop the Red Mt store all the time, we have probably seen each other and didn't even know it.:yup:

Hi. Yes, that's the target I shop at all the time. I might have to pay more attention to the deals you find so I can run over there and pick them up as well. ;)

I went to my Target tonight and they had half and aisle full of toys, some that I have not even seen marked down yet, with all the signs back to 30% off. What is going on??

Also, I have not been able to find the Plasma car. I have been going several times a week hoping to luck out and see one. I would really LOVE to give my DS3 one!!

I finally got the Dora Tennis Rocket - 19" for DD3 for 3.84 (75%). I've seen these at lower % at one Target and was hoping to pick one up at 75% but they were all gone. Then Today I found 3 at a Target I haven't been to in a while. They were kind of hidden behind some other non-clearanced adult ones and the side with a clearance sticker was facing the wall.

I checked on bike helmets but only saw Diego 5+ at 75%. Unfortunately I need a girls one 5+ and boys one 3+.

I've been seeing so many items lately clearanced at one store but full price at other stores. I don't understand why that it?

Like all that Eddie Bauer stuff (digital key chain, LED light), bike helmets, shoes. I saw those princess girls shoes and a bunch of boys shoes on clearance at one store but full price in another..

Is there any chance these will get discounted shortly or not until Spring clearance?

Also can anyone tell me when is the next shoe clearance?

Edited by arelf27

I went to my Target tonight and they had half and aisle full of toys, some that I have not even seen marked down yet, with all the signs back to 30% off. What is going on??

Also, I have not been able to find the Plasma car. I have been going several times a week hoping to luck out and see one. I would really LOVE to give my DS3 one!!

What kind of toys were 30% off?

I have searched my area high and low for the plasma car and can't seem to find one anywhere. If they happen to come up on sell or in stores again I hope I can catch one.

Me too. I found out about them too late and by the time I got to the closest Target they were all gone. My DS has been wanting ever since last year, but I am too CHEAP to buy it full price and will never buy it full price.

I decided to venture out of my normal shopping area. Went over to Cincinnati. There are a good eight targets over there. We made it a day trip. Found two of the plasma cars at the very first store.. Couldn't believe it. :) I've found a total of 4 now. Yay! Plan on keeping two for our boys and selling the other 2. So anyway.. Has anyone noticed items scanning item not found? Several things like the plasma cars did today. They only had 30% off stickers on them.. i knew this was wrong. So i took them up to guest services, since they were scanning item not found. Told her i just purchased two at another store for $13 something and wanted to see if she could check the price. She said, no the 30% is right. I said, I'm sorry, but the rest of the toys are 75% off I'm pretty sure they are cheaper.. She kept insisting that the 30% off was right and there was no way it would be any cheaper..She was rude about it. I then asked for a manager, she then got huffy and got a handheld price checker.. Scanned them and said, oh it looks like they are $13 something.. I also found one mm fruit punch. I returned my dirt devil Kruz. Wasn't worth the $20 i spent.

Where are you located? Are you willing to sell me the other two plasma cars? I've been looking for two ever since I found out about them.

Depends. What did you find? It could be your store found some stuff in the back. They could be behind or ahead of other stores. Maybe they got some clearance stuff shipped in from another store. Or, it could be new clearance. They do clearance throughout the year, not just during their big clearance "events." If they introduced some items since the reset or even later in the fall that aren't doing well, they'll clearance them now. They are constantly reviewing what they have and what they'll continue to stock. They could need shelf space to make way for some new merchandise that is coming in. Something that is selling well in other stores that they think will do better than what you are seeing on clearance. So, do let us know what you found, and maybe we'll have a better idea.

Depends. What did you find? It could be your store found some stuff in the back. They could be behind or ahead of other stores. Maybe they got some clearance stuff shipped in from another store. Or, it could be new clearance. They do clearance throughout the year, not just during their big clearance "events." If they introduced some items since the reset or even later in the fall that aren't doing well, they'll clearance them now. They are constantly reviewing what they have and what they'll continue to stock. They could need shelf space to make way for some new merchandise that is coming in. Something that is selling well in other stores that they think will do better than what you are seeing on clearance. So, do let us know what you found, and maybe we'll have a better idea.

I also saw a section where it had 75% Tags Friday now has 30% tags with a bit of merchandise. The only thing that caught my attention and I scanned since I thought they would be 75% were these really long (around three feet maybe) fire truck and semi truck sets with the lights and sirens. There were a few other things (about a quarter of an aisle on one side) but nothing else that I paid attention to. These are toys that I hadn't seen at any of the 8 Targets that I shop at. This one also had the Christmas Flannel sheet set at 30% even though the other stores went 90% on these with xmas clearance. Not sure if some stores just do their own thing or what!

I finally got the Dora Tennis Rocket - 19" for DD3 for 3.84 (75%). I've seen these at lower % at one Target and was hoping to pick one up at 75% but they were all gone. Then Today I found 3 at a Target I haven't been to in a while. They were kind of hidden behind some other non-clearanced adult ones and the side with a clearance sticker was facing the wall.

I checked on bike helmets but only saw Diego 5+ at 75%. Unfortunately I need a girls one 5+ and boys one 3+.

I've been seeing so many items lately clearanced at one store but full price at other stores. I don't understand why that it?

Like all that Eddie Bauer stuff (digital key chain, LED light), bike helmets, shoes. I saw those princess girls shoes and a bunch of boys shoes on clearance at one store but full price in another..

Is there any chance these will get discounted shortly or not until Spring clearance?

I have noticed at my stores that the Eddie Bauer stuff and sporting goods is going at very different times at each store. I keep stalking those aisles now as there are a few things I'd like to have that sold out quickly at the other stores.

I also saw a ton of easy bake ovens at one store marked to 1/2 price. I was at the same store last Tuesday and they were not in the sale aisle. Haven't seen the easy bakes on sale anywhere else. They were $11.xx I think. Why are you putting out new clearance toys Target??!! Don't you know this gig is OVER?

Went to another store late today to pick up my hidden smart cycle, and the power was out! Haven't ever seen that at a Target before. With the exception of a few auxiliary lights, it was pretty darn dark in the store. Considering the mission I was on, it made me feel even more sneaky than I was being! I was half afraid that they wouldn't be able to ring up my purchase. But, the registers WERE working. (All I needed was a little Mission Impossible music and the mood would have been perfect!)

I saw some of those Little Einstein Rockets, but wasn't sure about them, so I left them there. What do they do exactly? With a $40 regular price, I figure they must do something kinda special. I also wasn't sure if they were supposed to have 2 people sitting in the front seat or 1. The ones I saw only had 1 person, but it looked like there might have been a spot for a 2nd little guy who perhaps was abducted by a bored child waiting for their mommy to finish shopping in the toy aisle :cool:

Racket Info:

###088010200 – Dora 19" Tennis Racket – 3.84 (orig. 15.39)

Edited by arelf27

I also saw a ton of easy bake ovens at one store marked to 1/2 price. I was at the same store last Tuesday and they were not in the sale aisle. Haven't seen the easy bakes on sale anywhere else. They were $11.xx I think. Why are you putting out new clearance toys Target??!! Don't you know this gig is OVER?

Went to another store late today to pick up my hidden smart cycle, and the power was out! Haven't ever seen that at a Target before. With the exception of a few auxiliary lights, it was pretty darn dark in the store. Considering the mission I was on, it made me feel even more sneaky than I was being! I was half afraid that they wouldn't be able to ring up my purchase. But, the registers WERE working. (All I needed was a little Mission Impossible music and the mood would have been perfect!)

I saw some of those Little Einstein Rockets, but wasn't sure about them, so I left them there. What do they do exactly? With a $40 regular price, I figure they must do something kinda special. I also wasn't sure if they were supposed to have 2 people sitting in the front seat or 1. The ones I saw only had 1 person, but it looked like there might have been a spot for a 2nd little guy who perhaps was abducted by a bored child waiting for their mommy to finish shopping in the toy aisle :cool:

**My kids are HUGE Little Einsteins fans, so I don't really care if the rockets do anything else other than look exactly like the rocket from the cartoon but from Amazon's description it does appear that this rocket has some cool features. I guess it transforms into three different things (exactly like the one in the cartoon) and the rocket understands each diff. transformation and says diff. phrases according to what it looks like at the moment. Also I think it's programmable so it can drive in a circle, 8 and some other shapes.. It does only come with one character (Leo.) I do wish it came with all of them though (Leo, June, Quincy, Annie.) You can buy them separately though...

Also I thought these will make a perfect Valentine's present, them being red and all :)

**My kids are HUGE Little Einsteins fans, so I don't really care if the rockets do anything else other than look exactly like the rocket from the cartoon but from Amazon's description it does appear that this rocket has some cool features. I guess it transforms into three different things (exactly like the one in the cartoon) and the rocket understands each diff. transformation and says diff. phrases according to what it looks like at the moment. Also I think it's programmable so it can drive in a circle, 8 and some other shapes.. It does only come with one character (Leo.) I do wish it came with all of them though (Leo, June, Quincy, Annie.) You can buy them separately though...

Also I thought these will make a perfect Valentine's present, them being red and all :)

They had ONE at my target, but it was missing a piece. :no:

I have been married 24 years and have had approximately 4 complete correlle sets. Every piece of it has smashed in millions of pieces. I called them and they sent replacements for a while, but I won't do it anymore. The shards are too small and sharp like needles and you can never find all of them. It was too dangerous for my kids to have in the house anymore, I have went to Melamine type plates.

I cannot believe the gall of people who are hiding sale items so no one else can buy them until they make up their minds to do so. It has nothing to do with the store, I think it is awful to do this to other shoppers like myself who are out looking for something and not able to find it because someone has HIDDEN it to keep others from getting it first. What is this country coming to when people are doing sneaky stuff like this to other shoppers. what happened to everyone helping each other.