Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I decided to venture out of my normal shopping area. Went over to Cincinnati. There are a good eight targets over there. We made it a day trip. Found two of the plasma cars at the very first store.. Couldn't believe it. :) I've found a total of 4 now. Yay! Plan on keeping two for our boys and selling the other 2. So anyway.. Has anyone noticed items scanning item not found? Several things like the plasma cars did today. They only had 30% off stickers on them.. i knew this was wrong. So i took them up to guest services, since they were scanning item not found. Told her i just purchased two at another store for $13 something and wanted to see if she could check the price. She said, no the 30% is right. I said, I'm sorry, but the rest of the toys are 75% off I'm pretty sure they are cheaper.. She kept insisting that the 30% off was right and there was no way it would be any cheaper..She was rude about it. I then asked for a manager, she then got huffy and got a handheld price checker.. Scanned them and said, oh it looks like they are $13 something.. I also found one mm fruit punch. I returned my dirt devil Kruz. Wasn't worth the $20 i spent.

I also finally found two little einsteins rockets.. I've been searching all over for these. Our boys have been playing with them all night long. They really are cute! Well worth the $10. Off topic, went to a walmart and they had biscuit for $99.00 Couldn't justify spending that much since so many of you are finding them cheaper at target.

Finally got around to getting some of the toys that were marked down yesterday.

Marketplace

Rose Petal Sink

Rose Petal Nursery

2 hot wheels crash'ems

Thomas the Tank Engine Bike Helmet and Pads

couple of the funkys usb flash drives

2 packages of small finger skateboards.

Not to bad considering it was the day after...:)

How much was the Bike Helmet? Thanks.

I decided to venture out of my normal shopping area. Went over to Cincinnati. There are a good eight targets over there. We made it a day trip. Found two of the plasma cars at the very first store.. Couldn't believe it. :) I've found a total of 4 now. Yay! Plan on keeping two for our boys and selling the other 2. So anyway.. Has anyone noticed items scanning item not found? Several things like the plasma cars did today. They only had 30% off stickers on them.. i knew this was wrong. So i took them up to guest services, since they were scanning item not found. Told her i just purchased two at another store for $13 something and wanted to see if she could check the price. She said, no the 30% is right. I said, I'm sorry, but the rest of the toys are 75% off I'm pretty sure they are cheaper.. She kept insisting that the 30% off was right and there was no way it would be any cheaper..She was rude about it. I then asked for a manager, she then got huffy and got a handheld price checker.. Scanned them and said, oh it looks like they are $13 something.. I also found one mm fruit punch. I returned my dirt devil Kruz. Wasn't worth the $20 i spent.

Congrats on finding the Plasma Cars I have been from Jefferson City to St. Louis and am not having any luck at it. Will keep searching you never now with Target they rock!!!!!

Many 75% items still floating out there. I am so proud of myself I left most still in the store.!:yup:

Aussi grill $25, Jewelry box on legs $17, digi $22, Correlle dishes $17, black table & chairs & buffet, video chair, FP DVD, large care bear, cabbage patch premie, dora bike helmet, roller blades, B&D rechargable shears, several luggage sets, lots of camping accessories.

What kind of Correlle dishes are these and what % off? I really want to buy Correlle cereal bowls.. I've been seeing one Correlle set marked-down but not a big percent off as it still cost way too much. I think it's white with green pattern and if I remember correctly plates are squareish.. I wonder if that's the one you are talking about. Thanks!

I also finally found two little einsteins rockets.. I've been searching all over for these. Our boys have been playing with them all night long. They really are cute! Well worth the $10. Off topic, went to a walmart and they had biscuit for $99.00 Couldn't justify spending that much since so many of you are finding them cheaper at target.

**Glad your boys like the rockets. I also bought two and plan on giving them to dd3 and ds1 for Valentines. I think it might be cute as they are red (perfect color :)) and that's the closest Holiday in anyway.. They are HUGE Little Einsteins fans so I can't wait..

She said, no the 30% is right. I said, I'm sorry, but the rest of the toys are 75% off I'm pretty sure they are cheaper.. She kept insisting that the 30% off was right and there was no way it would be any cheaper..She was rude about it. I then asked for a manager, she then got huffy and got a handheld price checker.. Scanned them and said, oh it looks like they are $13 something..

I returned my dirt devil Kruz. Wasn't worth the $20 i spent.

One of my Targets did the same thing with me with the train table at 75% off. She actually told me, "We would never sell it that cheap." :rolleyes: I don't know why they bother arguing and being rude about it. Just scan the darn thing!

The Kruz got pretty good reviews from what I could find online. Why didn't you like it? I haven't put mine together yet.

I have read several members talking about the MM drink deal. I thought it was the Minute Maid juice boxes. So today I scanned several flavors in the 15 pack but they were $4.XX not the $.69 that I thought they were. Can someone please help me out with this one?

Also today I managed to find a really nice big tan chair with wooden legs. It would look nice in the living room by my sofa. The regular prcie was $239.xx and I got it for $57.xx. I would easily pay $300-$400 or more at a furniture store. I asked my hubby do we really need this, and he said for $57 who cares we are getting it. It was fun watching him get excited at getting a good deal.

For those who wanted to get the FP dvd player and couldn't get it, find comfort in knowing it's not worth it. I was so excited to find one yesterday, sitting all by itself on the shelf for 75% off. (I almost fainted when I saw it). Got home and tried it, it's a piece of junk. I was fine with the small screen, but the resolution is BAD and the picture has lines running through it horizontally. I'm returning it today. All that worry and excitement for nothing!

Hmm.. I read your review and I was curious so we opened ours Today. Well, it was actually last night but directions said to charge it first for 8 hrs. so we didn't get to test it until Today. I have to say I had the complete opposite experience with it so far.. We turned it on and hubby kept saying how cool this thing is and how it is well worth the 37.xx. Now, my hubby is big time into Blu-ray technology and high definition (he's very up-to-date on TV/DVD stuff) so he doesn't get easily impressed but he LOVED this DVD player.

It seems very sturdy and easy to operate. No problems with resolution what-so-ever. We did have a minor problem in the beginning, as per my hubby's words, when he first turned it on the player didn't work. It would not play anything and after careful inspection hubby noticed a little piece of plastic stuck in the place where the reader is (I have no idea where that is.) So he used our Laptop blower/cleaner and once the plastic got blown away it started working like a charm!

I also want to mention that the charging-blinking light was only on for a few hours (not entire 8 hrs.) Not sure if that meant battery got completely charged much sooner but we kept charging it for full 8 hrs. just in case.

So far I'm happy about this purchase!!

I have read several members talking about the MM drink deal. I thought it was the Minute Maid juice boxes. So today I scanned several flavors in the 15 pack but they were $4.XX not the $.69 that I thought they were. Can someone please help me out with this one?

Also today I managed to find a really nice big tan chair with wooden legs. It would look nice in the living room by my sofa. The regular prcie was $239.xx and I got it for $57.xx. I would easily pay $300-$400 or more at a furniture store. I asked my hubby do we really need this, and he said for $57 who cares we are getting it. It was fun watching him get excited at getting a good deal.

10 pack not 15 :)

This is from 1st page of this thread:

While not technically a clearance topic, in this thread, you may see reference to MM Juice or MM packs. These refer to 10 packs of Minute Maid juice boxes that can generally be bought for $.69. They are found in the juice aisle mixed in with the 15 packs. This usually includes only the Grape, Apple & Fruit Punch flavors -- never Orange Juice. They look exactly like the 15 packs which are generally stocked on the shelf, but instead of having 3 rows of 5 boxes, there are only 2 rows. They are often mixed in with the others, and even hidden in the back behind the 15 packs. You may go months or longer before you find your first set, but they really do exist. They are not an urban legend. And most of us can attest that you'll do a little dance in the aisle when you find them the first time.

Found a tea infuser travel tumbler for $3.74 reg $14.99 at the Vogel Rd store. Pretty cool, has a mesh insert that hold the tea or tea bag while it brews. Keeps liquids hot for 4-6 hours.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419pgrRr7yL._AA260_.jpg

Thanks --this is just want I am looking for. Will che out my Target for one,

BPIDION Number on the barcode is 074-15-2963 Don't know if that is the one I am supposed to use The one on the red tag is 074 15 1533

The price you paid is correct. The store just put the incorrect tag on the pkg.

074-15-1533 is this http://www.target.com/Pandigital-Xavier-Digital-Frame-Silver/dp/B000TLXOM6/sr=1-13/qid=1233494523/ref=sr_1_13/178-2648117-9307634?ie=UTF8&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1038576&field-original-keywords=digitel%20frame&rh=k%3Adigital%20frame&page=3 They were also on clearance, but $30. Hope this helps. I guess we really can't trust the prices on the pkgs.:eek:

This is from 1st page of this thread:

While not technically a clearance topic, in this thread, you may see reference to MM Juice or MM packs. These refer to 10 packs of Minute Maid juice boxes that can generally be bought for $.69. They are found in the juice aisle mixed in with the 15 packs. This usually includes only the Grape, Apple & Fruit Punch flavors -- never Orange Juice. They look exactly like the 15 packs which are generally stocked on the shelf, but instead of having 3 rows of 5 boxes, there are only 2 rows. They are often mixed in with the others, and even hidden in the back behind the 15 packs. You may go months or longer before you find your first set, but they really do exist. They are not an urban legend. And most of us can attest that you'll do a little dance in the aisle when you find them the first time.

Thanks healthy4 and arelf27 for clearing that up for me. Now I know just what to look for.

One of my Targets did the same thing with me with the train table at 75% off. She actually told me, "We would never sell it that cheap." :rolleyes: I don't know why they bother arguing and being rude about it. Just scan the darn thing!

The Kruz got pretty good reviews from what I could find online. Why didn't you like it? I haven't put mine together yet.

My son spilled an open packet of hot chocolate powder. It wouldn't even start to pick it up. :( I personally don't think that it last very long when charged up.. Maybe i got a defective one. Not sure.. but off to returns it went.

My son spilled an open packet of hot chocolate powder. It wouldn't even start to pick it up. :( I personally don't think that it last very long when charged up.. Maybe i got a defective one. Not sure.. but off to returns it went.

Thanks for the info, I bought one too and haven't opened it yet, but was debating to keep it or return it. Anyone else have an opinion?

Found a tea infuser travel tumbler for $3.74 reg $14.99 at the Vogel Rd store. Pretty cool, has a mesh insert that hold the tea or tea bag while it brews. Keeps liquids hot for 4-6 hours.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419pgrRr7yL._AA260_.jpg

been looking for something like this. what department? with the lunch boxes and thermos or elsewhere?

been looking for something like this. what department? with the lunch boxes and thermos or elsewhere?

It was on an end cap in the section by dishes and the other travel mugs. Near the wall display of kitchen gadgets.

Hope you find one. They had 2 and the lid to the other one was broken.

What kind of Correlle dishes are these and what % off? I really want to buy Correlle cereal bowls.. I've been seeing one Correlle set marked-down but not a big percent off as it still cost way too much. I think it's white with green pattern and if I remember correctly plates are squareish.. I wonder if that's the one you are talking about. Thanks!

This one. I didn't buy it since they only had one & it is a service for 4. Hope this helps.:)

http://www.target.com/Corelle-Pro-Rivage-16-pc-Dinnerware/dp/B00112G6XQ/ref=sc_pgc_r_2_1_1042044/178-2648117-9307634?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1

Thanks for the info, I bought one too and haven't opened it yet, but was debating to keep it or return it. Anyone else have an opinion?

I haven't opened mine either. I think I will put it together and charge it today. I'll let you know if I like it or not.