Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

hmmm. so i stopped at the Macomb MI target. everything was 75% off except my lay away FP DVD players.

would they not mark them down because they could not located one in the store?

So are you saying you hid one and when you went back, they weren't marked down? Yes, if they do not have one on the shelf to mark down, it has been mentioned previously in posts that they will not be marked down. This is a downside to hiding merchandise. Some stores will finish markdowns by going down the list they are given so hidden things are marked down...if yours wasn't, then obviously your store doesn't and now you've hidden something that won't get marked down.

So are you saying you hid one and when you went back, they weren't marked down? Yes, if they do not have one on the shelf to mark down, it has been mentioned previously in posts that they will not be marked down. This is a downside to hiding merchandise. Some stores will finish markdowns by going down the list they are given so hidden things are marked down...if yours wasn't, then obviously your store doesn't and now you've hidden something that won't get marked down.

If the item was scheduled to be marked down and the one you hid was the very last one in the store, they can scan it with their PDA to see if it was scheduled to be marked down. If it was, then they will do it for you. Their PDA will tell them if it's supposed to be marked down.

Guest mzannetti

If the item was scheduled to be marked down and the one you hid was the very last one in the store, they can scan it with their PDA to see if it was scheduled to be marked down. If it was, then they will do it for you. Their PDA will tell them if it's supposed to be marked down.

but it has to be a mark down team member?

can i take the item to them on sat. when i have time?

did you need blue or pink? i have 2 extra pink ones i'd be willing to sell. i'm sure shipping couldn't be more than $10.

If you have an extra pink one I would Love to buy it from you! I have been trying to find them, but no luck.

Just let me know. Thanks,Kim

Guest mzannetti

well lets think logically. if i bought one for $37 in rochester and return it without a receipt for $75 at macomb then i make money.

sooner or later they will mark them down otherwise they would potentally lose money. :)

hmmm. so i stopped at the Macomb MI target. everything was 75% off except my lay away FP DVD players.

Actually, if you left it hidden, you might well find it marked down tomorrow. They generally activate all the prices at the end of the shift. On the other hand, sometimes they don't. If it still isn't marked down tomorrow, you can always try getting them to do it if you can track them down. Again, sometimes they will, sometimes they won't... Hiding stuff is hit or miss. You always run the risk of this happening, or someone finding it.

2 days ago I was in my Target and going up and down the aisles. When I got to the cracker aisle I noticed on the shelf were a bunch of the big christmas boxes of Ritz crackers-6 of them in front. Behind them was the regular boxes. Sale said 2.54 so I brought it up to the cashier when I was done shopping and told her that I think these should be 90% off (scanned them while in the store and said item not found). She called a manager and he said yes, 90% off (boxes all in date too). I got 6 boxes of the big Ritz crackers for .25 each. Yeah. My daughter LOVES these as a snack and also in her lunch at school.

One thing I found today that I was really happy about and haven't seen mentioned is the Whirlball, which is like...the name is escaping me! You roll the ball up the lane and try to get it in holes with certain point values.

http://www.target.com/14022S11-Franklin-Whirl-Ball-Arcade/dp/B001A2RNYS/sr=1-1/qid=1233269922/ref=sr_1_1/188-3996731-6785236?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Awhirlball&page=1

### 088050329 Whirlball Arcade, Reg $100, now $24.98

### 082070133 Spongebob Scooter, Reg $30, now $6.74

### 087021463 Star Wars Blaster Game, Reg $50, now $12.48

...ETA: skeeball is the name I was trying to think of.

well lets think logically. if i bought one for $37 in rochester and return it without a receipt for $75 at macomb then i make money.

sooner or later they will mark them down otherwise they would potentally lose money. :)

No returns without a receipt over $35 :yup:

but it has to be a mark down team member?

can i take the item to them on sat. when i have time?

I had 2 in 2 different Targets and when I went to get them they both scanned at 75% off. There were none on the shelves at that time.

Remember, there's a good chance that other people have also 'misplaced' and simply asked the SA to scan it before you (that's what I was counting on). OR, like someone else said, they just activate them from the regular bar code they have.

This is what I found today:

storage container for under the bed 002060159 $3.74

7 inch digital photo frame 074152963 $21.24

10 inch Trike 082030212 $4.98

Dora Skates 082060138 $4.98

Little Tykes Bounce house 0911514405 $20.12

Little Tykes Giddyup n Go pony 204090196 $50.00

Fisher Price DVD player 204033016 $37.48

Holiday Barbie 086061248 $3.24

Golf Glove 088040643 $1.82

Golf Bag 088040529 $8.37

Hello Kitty Sleeping Bag 091120474 $3.74

They also had a bunch of dinnerware sets marked 75% off but I am not in need of any. Now I am waiting for comforters

I am so sad I missed the clearance today! Wanted to get the dvd player...they had seven at one of my stores..but i couldn't get the car out. Too much snow and ice. I have to get out tomorrow...being stuck in the house drives me crazy!! Hopefully, lots of people didn't get to target today and there will be something left!

Guest mzannetti

Actually, if you left it hidden, you might well find it marked down tomorrow. They generally activate all the prices at the end of the shift. On the other hand, sometimes they don't. If it still isn't marked down tomorrow, you can always try getting them to do it if you can track them down. Again, sometimes they will, sometimes they won't... Hiding stuff is hit or miss. You always run the risk of this happening, or someone finding it.

thanks for the tips. i am going to head there before they close and leave one of the ones on layaway in the shelf.

thanks for the tips.

Guest mzannetti
you might be right on them releasing the prices at the end of shift. my wife went at 1:30pm and some toys were still 50% and 30% off. so the afternoon shift might still be marking some stuff down. good points.

I wanted to THANK everyone for all of this great information. This was my first year doing this sale and I am addicted:eyepoppin. I have been able to get so much stuff thanks so this site. I lucked out yesterday when they were marking the items down a day early. I would of never gone, but thanks to you guys I did. THANK YOU!!!

There is an older married couple that has been showing up every Thursday morning and hording:yuck:all of the stuff. I mean all of the stuff. They will grab all 20 barbies at once. I went first thing this morning just to make sure nothing new had been put out and the couple was there in shock that everything was almost gone;). I know......I shouldn't be that way, but finally I was able to get the things I wanted.:D without having to worry about them!!!

I had the same problem. (about Smores) I found four at two different stores and just stood there trying to decide! I wanted to get it for my girls so bad but my DH would kill me! It was hard to walk away from that deal!!!! (and all the Biscuit dogs I saw)

**I just walked away from 3 Smores too!! :tongue1: They did have a big sign in front of it saying 50% and the red stickers all said 99.xx (or something similar) but that whole store was 75% off so I doubt these were only 50%. I would have found out and got one for sure if I had a bigger car.. I don't think I would have been as strong as you!! But my hubby is the one who drives SUV so I decided to walk away..

BTW my motivation was Live Elmo who's been sitting in the corner since Christmas. The only person who plays with it is me :). (At least I got it for $27.xx)

thanks for the tips. i am going to head there before they close and leave one of the ones on layaway in the shelf.

thanks for the tips.

put it on a shelf where they will be marking tomorrow! they are more likely to hit it that way. Hardware or Automotive clearance. In fact, you might stick it behind something so they find it and it doesn't get put back by overnight.

This is what happened with my Furreal Tumbles Dog. I had hidden it on the regular aisle, so it didn't get scanned to be marked down. I found an employee with a scanner and asked him to check if it would be marked down anymore, and he said no that it was 12.48. Well then I found a lady on the actual pricing team that I talk to often and had her scan it, and sure enough it was going down to 6.24! Apparently only the scanners belonging to the pricing team will tell you if it's getting a markdown, so I learned something new today! If someone that isn't on the pricing team scans it then it will be just like you scanning it yourself with the red scanners.

DH needed to go back to Target, so of course I had to browse some more. I picked up.....

###069030202 Diego Backpack 3.24

###069030582 Littlest Pet Shop Backpack 2.48

###086040717 Little Mommy Sweet As Me Stroller 4.98

###088090353 Pitching Machine 5.50

###091040534 Coleman Sandwich Cooker 2.67

###091040598 Coleman Double Sink 3.57 (this is going to come in handy!)

###091070672 Eddie Bauer Camping Chair 5.98

###091120473 Eddie Bauer LED Keychain 2.64

###204121410 Cranium Travel Games (Bloom something) 1.98

Darn went to get the chair that was marked down to 60.00 of course they were all 3 gone. Darn it I didn't know they would mark them down to 75% today. Also I wanted the Espresso buffet table Org 199.99 marked down to 49.98 but they only had the floor model and it had holes drilled in 2 spots on the top of it very obvious and they wouldn't take additional off the floor model so i left it

here is what I did get don't have the #'s on me right now but will post them later

Tag reading system Dr. Seuss' reg 69.99 for 17.48

16 in One foose ball table with 15 other games too reg 129.99 for 32.48

Radio Flyer Turtle 12.48:D

Guest mzannetti

put it on a shelf where they will be marking tomorrow! they are more likely to hit it that way. Hardware or Automotive clearance. In fact, you might stick it behind something so they find it and it doesn't get put back by overnight.

i just got back from going to target. i put out one of my FP dvd players. i asked a person with the hand held scanner why it was not marked down. she scanned it and said it should not be. i almost notice that someone else put one back out there. so now there are two.

she said this whole toy clearance ends on the 31st, so if it not marked down by sat. i will buy it, return it to another store and have the wife buy it again for cheaper. or raise a stink that it is not 75%.

i have two more days and now there are two out there to be reviewed by the mark down team.

I went this morning around 10:30 to check toys and nothing was marked to 75%. I debated and debated, but finally called the store w/ a DCPI # when I got home and, you guessed it, the toys had been marked later. I bribed my DD and raced over there. I got:

Batman laptop 9.98 ( I bought one of these last week too)

Busy Ball Activity Center 8.74

Gas Pump w/ blocks (Little Tikes I think) 3.98

Sleeping Beauty w/ bed 6.24

Sleeping Beauty light-up doll 6.24

Pink Camo lunch box 2.24

Pink FP DVD Player 37.49

I must admit I "found" the DVD player I'm sure someone else had stashed. I hadn't really planned on getting one and I'm not sure I'm keeping it, but I couldn't resist being spiteful. I hope it didn't belong to anybody here!!:shock: