Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Lots of deals to be had in the baby department today! Some of my finds are:

###030091683 Eddie Bauer Rocking Bassinet $37.48

###030050382 Avent Manual Pump $12.48

I also got a Graco Duo-Glide double stroller at 75% off for $31.xx. I don't have the number for it cuz its still in the truck. I also saw the Fisher Price Peacemaker for $4x.xx and couldn't decide. I wandered the store for awhile checking other deals and by the time I decided to get it, it was gone, along with the other 3 duo-glider strollers that were there when I grabbed mine. Guess I got there just in time for the stroller!!

I also noticed lots of 75% off in the shoes/boots/slippers. I got a pair of Princess slippers for DD4 for $1.98. Oh, and found a MM today. First one in months!

Found the Giga Ball at 30% at Palatine location. 50% at Arlington Heights. I am truly getting annoyed by how the stores that are relatively close have disparate prices. I got Puppy Grows and knows your name at 75% (Palatine) but see it at 50% at other locations:mad:

I have also seen the Balance Buddy (attaches to bike to teach how to use a 2-wheeler) for $4.24 ##082010055 and a princess bike helmet at 50% (Palatine) but full price in Hoffman.

They are several at least 6 Fisher Price DVD players - but still at 50%

I have not seen the Plasmacar (almost bought it retail at Learning Express for Christmas) at Hoffman Estates, Palatine or Lake Zurich location. sigh

btw, my first post and am revealing my Target obsession...

I didn't see Huggies but Pampers are 15% off here they are 21.25 for the big box.

Lots of baby stuff 75% off here!

**Can someone please explain to me about the bulk clearance you all are talking about? What kind of things usually in bulk and where are they located, in their respective departments or in one place at the store? How do you know which ones are bulk? What is the schedule they are following for mark-downs? Thank you!

This is a little late, but last week I got a Lightning McQueen set of shampoo, soap, and a pretend razor on the health/beauty end cap for 2.48, originally 4.99, but it was the only one left so I got it anyway. (Funny that 50% off is just not good enough anymore!)

It's a cute little set I'm thinking of for the Easter basket.

Thanks for the Gymboree tip...I may have to hit that tomorrow.

**Yeh, I've been following these bath sets closely since they were clearanced at 15%. I bought 5 for party favors for DS 2nd B-Day at 50%. I got "Hello Kitty", "Thomas Train", "TinkerBell", "Curious George" and "Spider Man". Also saw "Cars", "Princess" and "Einsteins". On Friday they still seemed to have lots of these in a few Targets I looked at so I was hoping to be able to pick up some at 75% and return the 50% ones. But if they happen to sell out I still feel these are a great deal! Now if I can only find a fun and (cheap) way to wrap them up somehow, because they will not fit into little party bags..

**Can someone please explain to me about the bulk clearance you all are talking about? What kind of things usually in bulk and where are they located, in their respective departments or in one place at the store? How do you know which ones are bulk? What is the schedule they are following for mark-downs? Thank you!

They are usually in the area where the seasonal items are located. They are basically, aisle fillers between things. They show up between school and Christmas and between Christmas and Valentine..etc

As far as a markdown schedule...I am not sure if there is one for the larger packages. A lot of times they move the packages back in the regular aisles. It is only bonus packages that are marked down and because they are bonus, they usually move fast. Things included in bulk, detergent, softener (sheets, liquid), dishwashing liquids, dishwasher detergents, multi packs of facial and bath tissue, paper towels, diapers, wipes, counter top wipes, clorox and a small variety of foods like Chex mix and granola bars.

Found the Giga Ball at 30% at Palatine location. 50% at Arlington Heights. I am truly getting annoyed by how the stores that are relatively close have disparate prices. I got Puppy Grows and knows your name at 75% (Palatine) but see it at 50% at other locations:mad:

I have also seen the Balance Buddy (attaches to bike to teach how to use a 2-wheeler) for $4.24 ##082010055 and a princess bike helmet at 50% (Palatine) but full price in Hoffman.

They are several at least 6 Fisher Price DVD players - but still at 50%

I have not seen the Plasmacar (almost bought it retail at Learning Express for Christmas) at Hoffman Estates, Palatine or Lake Zurich location. sigh

btw, my first post and am revealing my Target obsession...

I better check on that princess helmet next time I'm in Target. What size was that? I need 5T. I've been looking at those for a while but they have been full price at all of the Targets. Somehow I got the idea they are supposed to be discounted.. I think it's because I have seen a 2nd Princess design come out by now and it just seems weird that they will have two diff. designs at the same store and not discount one?? They've also had boys Thomas and Diego ones on sale but nothing for girls?? But I've been scanning them and everytime it says 19.99?

They are usually in the area where the seasonal items are located. They are basically, aisle fillers between things. They show up between school and Christmas and between Christmas and Valentine..etc

As far as a markdown schedule...I am not sure if there is one for the larger packages. A lot of times they move the packages back in the regular aisles. It is only bonus packages that are marked down and because they are bonus, they usually move fast. Things included in bulk, detergent, softener (sheets, liquid), dishwashing liquids, dishwasher detergents, multi packs of facial and bath tissue, paper towels, diapers, wipes, counter top wipes, clorox and a small variety of foods like Chex mix and granola bars.

**Thanks!! I'll have to take a look next time I'm there. We are still buying diapers and other things seem like they might be a good deal too!

Man am i upset.Our bulk items went 15% on Monday i believe , 4 isles stayed stocked all week long like noone was even buying anything.I was all prepared to make a swoop when it hit 30% had coupons and everything.Well i ran to target last night to pick something up and the shelves were bare.I couldn't believe it.I actually had to ask a lady where did they move it to becasue i couldnt believe that much stuff had sold.She said it wasnt moved.So be careful if you like me are waiting for 30% it might not make it.

one of the workers who knows me stopped to tell me about the diapers (15%). I thanked him and told him I was waiting for 30%. He said that they were moving all the bulk stuff so they could put out the V-Day stuff. The bulk was going all over the store but if they have the room, it goes by the regular priced stuff (ex. diapers & wipes will be put in baby stuff).

okay was just at target yesterday they had a whole isle of baby clearance all kinds of strollers but nmostly monitors and bedding and stuff. So I went tonight and nothing there was new stuff in the isle you can't tell me they sold everything since yesterday.

I really needed a bassinet, swing, exersaucer, highchair and bouncer and infant carrier

IF ANYONE IS IN MISSOURI AND SEE'S ANY OF THESE I WILL DRIVE TO MEET YOU AND BUY IT FROM YOU!!!! :D

picked up a few things

###030033704 Baby Hat ($.98) 75% off

###030033715 Baby Booties ($.98) 75% off

###020095206 Sleep Tee ($4.24) 75% off

###025001920 Tights/Leggings ($1.48) 75% off (3 pairs total)

###032085750 Girls Graphic Tee ($2.24) 75% off

###075085269 Disney's Camp Rock PJ's ($4.24) 75% off

###075085279 Disney's Camp Rock PJ's ($4.24) 75% off

###049000454 Old Spice Gift Set ($4.25) plus MFQ $1.00

I also saw the dual stroller 75%. Strange the car seat that goes with it was only 50%?? Also Boppies & covers, bottles, diparer bags etc. Who took my Medelias???!!!! I sooo wanted to get one of these at 75%.

Toys are getting slim & many only 30-50% off.:mad: I sure hope the summer sale is better.

Strange the car seat that goes with it was only 50%??

You should have had someone scan the carseat for you to see if it was scheduled to be marked down 75% today. I went to 2 Targets today and the Sit n Stand and Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump - Metro Bag weren't marked down. All the other Targets near me had them for 75% off, so I had someone with a PDA scan it and it was still 50% off. I asked if they were supposed to be marked down today because the other Targets had them for 75% off and when they punched in some stuff on their PDA, they said yes and discounted it for me right then and there.

Hi all! Not sure if this has been mentioned, but check your mail - I just got a postcard-type mailer with a coupon on it for $10 off any $50 Home purchase. If it works like others in the past, I will probably only have to purchase some Home items and an overall bill of $50 or more for it to work. We shall see - won't be hard to spend $50 in any case. :)

Hi all! Not sure if this has been mentioned, but check your mail - I just got a postcard-type mailer with a coupon on it for $10 off any $50 Home purchase. If it works like others in the past, I will probably only have to purchase some Home items and an overall bill of $50 or more for it to work. We shall see - won't be hard to spend $50 in any case. :)

My Sunday Target ad had 3 coupons in it: electonics, home, and clothing. All expire on 01/31/09.

Ours was for clothing, not a home purchase. Plus, of course, we had the 3 coupons in the Sunday sale ad. Not sure I'll use them, but nice to have available.

okay was just at target yesterday they had a whole isle of baby clearance all kinds of strollers but nmostly monitors and bedding and stuff. So I went tonight and nothing there was new stuff in the isle you can't tell me they sold everything since yesterday.

I really needed a bassinet, swing, exersaucer, highchair and bouncer and infant carrier

IF ANYONE IS IN MISSOURI AND SEE'S ANY OF THESE I WILL DRIVE TO MEET YOU AND BUY IT FROM YOU!!!! :D

Where in MO are you? If you are close I will start checking all the Targets in my area.

The markdown team hit the candles/candle holders/smelly things this morning (lots of stuff, mostly 75% off) then moved over to the books, where nothing much had been marked down before... so? They didn't appear to be heading over to the toys, but they were out "in-force" today so maybe but I'm not holding my breath.

Guest mzannetti

The markdown team hit the candles/candle holders/smelly things this morning (lots of stuff, mostly 75% off) then moved over to the books, where nothing much had been marked down before... so? They didn't appear to be heading over to the toys, but they were out "in-force" today so maybe but I'm not holding my breath.

smelly things. :)

For any of those of you who got the castle slide, was it 75% off at all the stores??? I found two of them, a tool bench, a plasma car, a puppet theatre, and the cars couch today at one store near me but still all only marked 50 off! Think that is an error and they just didn't mark them any lower. They were all still on a top shelf and I just didn't have time to mess with it to get someone to check it. And after I got scolded last time I asked someone to check something, I was 'afraid' to ask them. Wish I'd taken the dpci with me and I guess I could have asked at the service desk to check it, right? Or would they check it? If it hadn't been on the top shelf, I'd have drug it to the scanner. HA! I know I don't need it but would have taken it at 75% off! :( You would think they would move that stuff down where people can reach it! Couldn't even reach the shelf tag to pull that off.......

For any of those of you who got the castle slide, was it 75% off at all the stores??? I found two of them, a tool bench, a plasma car, a puppet theatre, and the cars couch today at one store near me but still all only marked 50 off! Think that is an error and they just didn't mark them any lower. They were all still on a top shelf and I just didn't have time to mess with it to get someone to check it. And after I got scolded last time I asked someone to check something, I was 'afraid' to ask them. Wish I'd taken the dpci with me and I guess I could have asked at the service desk to check it, right? Or would they check it? If it hadn't been on the top shelf, I'd have drug it to the scanner. HA! I know I don't need it but would have taken it at 75% off! :( You would think they would move that stuff down where people can reach it! Couldn't even reach the shelf tag to pull that off.......

None of the big stuff I got was marked right. You have to scan them. :yup:

I'm just starting to get over my strep throat, but with the snow this morning decided to get more bread and hit the target. Found a 4 pack of the Junie Jones books 30% off, but only one there so decided for $12.xx that was ok. Also picked up the Fosters Tag book 75% off so $3.xx...markdown person was in toys scanning away...pathetic though, it's one side of ONE aisle now :( They still have tons of the Didj still at 50% off, some of the sleeping beauties still at 50% as well...nothing much else i'm interested in is left. Got one of the last 2 loaves of bread and headed home.

**You can plug-in DCPI numbers into the scanner yourself unless that store has old ones without numbers on the right. Also you can always call the store (use store locator on Target website to find out phone #) and ask for Guest Services then give them DCPI #'s. I have been doing that to find out if Toys have been discounted further to 75% so I don't have to drive. I guess that might alert the employee and they might opt to buy it? (Actually if you want to go back to the store with DCPI numbers and a cell phone and call them right there from the Toy isle. That would be funny if they tell you the price is 75%, you can let them know to send someone over right away so they can get that stuff down for you :).)

But yeh..like some of the people have said already they didn't seem to mark-down any of these big items. Which actually works out quite well for all of us because otherwise these Toys would be long gone by now!!! I snatched a Train table that way because it still had a red price tag with $7x.xx and it turned out it was $25. It was on the lowest shelf too so I'm very glad they didn't change the red tag.

I'm just starting to get over my strep throat, but with the snow this morning decided to get more bread and hit the target. Found a 4 pack of the Junie Jones books 30% off, but only one there so decided for $12.xx that was ok. Also picked up the Fosters Tag book 75% off so $3.xx...markdown person was in toys scanning away...pathetic though, it's one side of ONE aisle now :( They still have tons of the Didj still at 50% off, some of the sleeping beauties still at 50% as well...nothing much else i'm interested in is left. Got one of the last 2 loaves of bread and headed home.

**What was he scanning?? I haven't been to Target since Friday. I figured they will not do any more mark-downs until Wed/Thu..

There're still a bunch of things I'm interested in if I can find them at 75%:

Fisher Price Smart Cycle

Smores Pony

Little Einsteins rocket

FP DVD Player

Walkin Talkin McQueen (saw one at 50% still)

sleeping beauty doll

(You didn't happen to see any of these go to 75%?)