Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Guest mzannetti

yea i have to admit i am getting bored with this target toy clearance. i want to follow it and get some deals, but this is taking forever.

plus i am not paying $74 for the FP DVD when i know other people got it for $37. :)

**It's not the Step 2 one right? Because I thought that one only had the chalk side, but I might be wrong about it. I'm looking for an easel for my kids but so far have seen the Step 2 which is for smaller kids and I bought Wooden Mega one but not sure if I'm keeping it. The box says 5+ so I'm wondering if that might not be a good fit for 4 and 2 yr. olds.

I also saw one that goes on a table. It was a checkered box and I only saw one at one Target. Maybe if I see it at 75% I'd get that one instead.

There's a RoseArt 3-in-1 easel that's on clearance. It's in the stationary/art supplies section, not the toy section. It think the age says 5+ on it. There might be a DPCI on Page 1 for it.

yea i have to admit i am getting bored with this target toy clearance. i want to follow it and get some deals, but this is taking forever.

plus i am not paying $74 for the FP DVD when i know other people got it for $37. :)

Ya, especially since other than possibly being a bit more durable than other players, $75 for a portable dvd player is really no deal. I admit that I don't know all the ins and outs of what it does, but it looks like the screen is a lot smaller than you can get on a normal portable player.

But, like I said, maybe it does other fabulous things that I'm unaware of ! :fluffy:

I wonder how likely it will be that people will be able to FIND the FP DVD player. From comments here it seems like everyone and their mother is waiting for the 75% off!! Because all the Targets I've been to either have 1 or 0 on the shelves.

Could it be that there are hundreds or thousands of them "stashed" somewhere and they'll make miraculous reappearances sometime this week??:gd_detect If not, I just don't see how everyone who is on the hunt for one will be able to get it.

What is up with the Holiday Sparkle Barbie? Shouldn't this be considered a Christmas item? The store in Rossford had a ton and they were 6.98 (50% off). Jeez louise!

They do the same thing every year. Even if it is clearly a Christmas toy, if it is sold in Toys it goes with the toy markdown, not the Christmas clearance. Same as the Thomas stuff, the Advent Calendars, etc. Some of us got lucky and got and override, and a couple actually had a few their toys marked down with Christmas, but for the most part this is they way it goes. They have about 40 of those Barbies at one of my stores.

I wonder how likely it will be that people will be able to FIND the FP DVD player. From comments here it seems like everyone and their mother is waiting for the 75% off!! Because all the Targets I've been to either have 1 or 0 on the shelves.

Could it be that there are hundreds or thousands of them "stashed" somewhere and they'll make miraculous reappearances sometime this week??:gd_detect If not, I just don't see how everyone who is on the hunt for one will be able to get it.

**I guess that depends on location.. Because I have seen like 10 in one of my Targets and at least 3 in two others.. True it seems like the #'s are decreasing and I have not stopped at Target since Friday (which is why my house is finally clean and organized) so who knows how many they have now.. I have one of the Blue ones on layaway in one store too..

Has anyone read the reviews for the Fisher Price Dvd player? The reviews on Fisher Price's website aren't very good. I'm still going back and forth on whether or not to try to get one. I wish the battery had more than a 2 hour life.

Has anyone here owned one?

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2621&e=mainproduct&pid=45366&acccat=dvdacc&mainid=45366

Has anyone read the reviews for the Fisher Price Dvd player? The reviews on Fisher Price's website aren't very good. I'm still going back and forth on whether or not to try to get one. I wish the battery had more than a 2 hour life.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2621&e=mainproduct&pid=45366&acccat=dvdacc&mainid=45366

I had not read those reviews:) I may end up returning the one I got (50%) & just giving my 5 YO my PSP. They're surprisingly durable.

I own the FP DVD player and to be honest for what I pd for it I'm not that impressed with it. I couldn't even get the disc to play the first couple times I tried it. I had to take the DVD out and put it back in numerous times to finally get it to work. I even tried 3 different DVD's in it. JMO

Ya, know I just have no idea. Considering that people have seen the markdown teams "out of order" last week, WHO KNOWS!?? I'm not banking on anything though. Especially if they mark "global bazaar" down again tomorrow. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that the GB stuff went to 30% off (around here anyway), so if they drop that to 50% off, that will be a big job for the markdown team, and I doubt they would tackle both toys and GB stuff the same day.

I would really be in happy land if they decided to do toys Monday or Tuesday. That would give me glimmer of hope for my Smart Cycle since I won't be here from Wednesday to Sunday.!! :D

I thought that "global Bazzar" would go down tomorrow too but in my sale ad this week it is advertised at 30% so at least around here I expect it will stay that way until next week. They also advertised the 30-50% all the blankets, curtains, towls etc. I wish they wouldn't advertise the clearance too much because at least at more stores it depletes faster :) I know that is the point but I like having something left at 75% :)

**It's not the Step 2 one right? Because I thought that one only had the chalk side, but I might be wrong about it. I'm looking for an easel for my kids but so far have seen the Step 2 which is for smaller kids and I bought Wooden Mega one but not sure if I'm keeping it. The box says 5+ so I'm wondering if that might not be a good fit for 4 and 2 yr. olds.

I also saw one that goes on a table. It was a checkered box and I only saw one at one Target. Maybe if I see it at 75% I'd get that one instead.

No, not the Step 2 one. It was not a name brand, at least I don't remember one. It was in the toy section and was not in a box, it was wrapped in plastic. It is a tabletop one though and I wish I would have bought more for gifts because it really is great for $3.74!!

Went to find the Step2 Kitchen no luck but I did get the Step 2 puppet theater for 17.48 I was happy. Also found the 24v drill hiddenm behind the other ones DH said he didn't need it but when I saw it had a stud finder with it I grabbed it because he does need one of them. really wanted the fryer and scissors but no luck with them either.:)

#2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the George Foreman Deep Fryer. It does exactly what it says; it spins off all the grease and the food doesn't feel or taste greasy. Great by for 37.xx!! I'd highly recommend it.

Thank you. I guess I'll keep it. I was concerned the basket would be too small.

I also read the poor reviews on the FP DVD. 50% is too much. I guess many of us are waiting for lay away!;)

It also has a teeny, tiny screen.

I thought that "global Bazzar" would go down tomorrow too but in my sale ad this week it is advertised at 30% so at least around here I expect it will stay that way until next week. They also advertised the 30-50% all the blankets, curtains, towls etc. I wish they wouldn't advertise the clearance too much because at least at more stores it depletes faster :) I know that is the point but I like having something left at 75% :)

Ahhhh. I hadn't even noticed that until you said something. I went back to look and yes, it does say that in the ad, so guess that stuff will sit another week at 30%.

I'm wanting the DVD player to replace our VideoNow Jr. They don't really sell the discs anymore so a regular dvd player would be much better. Also, the VideoNow Jr. has bumpers on the sides but as soon as it gets bumped it opens right up! I just need a small screen since it's for my 1 year old and she the size of the VideoNow Jr. screen she's used to is seriously tiny!

They are not as bad on Amazon - 31/2 stars (19 reviews)

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Tough-Portable-Player-Blue/dp/B0015KSRAY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1232936141&sr=8-1

5 star: (8)

4 star: (3)

3 star: (2)

2 star: (3)

1 star: (3)

It's hard to trust reviews too because I have bought items before that had bad reviews and didn't have any of the problems and we've bought Consumer Reports #1 picks and turned out to be nothing but lemons..

It seems like some got good ones and some broke. The problem with that (and other technical and/or bigger boxed toys) if we are buying them to hold on to until B-Days and X-mas because by then you cannot return anything to the store.

So my question to all of you is, do you guys open these things (obiously the ones that are going to your own kids and not as presents for someone else) to check that everything is cosher?? I'm even wondering about the two train tables I got - because I'm so worried that pieces might be missing and we won't discover it until it's too late...

Ahhhh. I hadn't even noticed that until you said something. I went back to look and yes, it does say that in the ad, so guess that stuff will sit another week at 30%.

I remember last year we got 3 chandeliers for 90% off in the global bazaar.. but they were also not clearance stickered. I hope too they don't advertise to the whole country when they go clearance. I just like to walk in when they open and see 90% signs in the home design area. It's like this dream I bet we all have. haha :D

It seems like some got good ones and some broke. The problem with that (and other technical and/or bigger boxed toys) if we are buying them to hold on to until B-Days and X-mas because by then you cannot return anything to the store.

So my question to all of you is, do you guys open these things (obiously the ones that are going to your own kids and not as presents for someone else) to check that everything is cosher?? I'm even wondering about the two train tables I got - because I'm so worried that pieces might be missing and we won't discover it until it's too late...

For clearance stuff at Target, I always open it ASAP to make sure all the pieces are there and it's not broken. If there is anything missing or broken, I can always take it back and try to find another as soon as possible. Otherwise, you'd just have to return it and get nothing in return. At the last toy clearance, I got a Thomas the train box set and it turns out one of the wooden tracks was missing. Target couldn't do anything about it since they didn't sell it anymore, though they were planning to give me a refund. I got it so cheap that I didn't want to return it. I ended up calling Learning Curve and complaining and surprisingly they sent me the replacement piece, even though their website says they don't normally do that.

So, if the item is defective, I suppose you could call the manufacturer and hope that they will provide a replacement part for you. Not sure how that works for Target brand stuff though.

I remember last year we got 3 chandeliers for 90% off in the global bazaar.. but they were also not clearance stickered. I hope too they don't advertise to the whole country when they go clearance. I just like to walk in when they open and see 90% signs in the home design area. It's like this dream I bet we all have. haha :D

I know, I hate seeing that they are advertising their clearance too! I know it helps them, but it hurt us! I really didn't like to see them advertise their bed and bath stuff this week because that is the only explanation I can find for the swarm of people over in that section today! They have part of the set I want for my bathroom on clearance but at this rate it will be gone before it makes it to 50%!!! And I like it, but I still refuse to pay almost five bucks for a hand towel.........I know, I'm cheap, but at least I'm in good company on here!! :yup:

Man am i upset.Our bulk items went 15% on Monday i believe , 4 isles stayed stocked all week long like noone was even buying anything.I was all prepared to make a swoop when it hit 30% had coupons and everything.Well i ran to target last night to pick something up and the shelves were bare.I couldn't believe it.I actually had to ask a lady where did they move it to becasue i couldnt believe that much stuff had sold.She said it wasnt moved.So be careful if you like me are waiting for 30% it might not make it.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is this "Global Bazzar" you all keep talking about?

I don't have a Target near me, but I love to shop there when I get close to one.

I love to read this thread about all the good deals you guys get and envy those of you who get there that often! Of course if I DID have one near me, it would be financial disaster for us.....lol.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is this "Global Bazzar" you all keep talking about?

I don't have a Target near me, but I love to shop there when I get close to one.

I love to read this thread about all the good deals you guys get and envy those of you who get there that often! Of course if I DID have one near me, it would be financial disaster for us.....lol.

Typically around this time of the year, they bring in home furnishings from around the globe and have them for a limited amount of time. Because of this, at some point they mark them down and you can find some great deals.

However, this year they are calling it Home Design (or something similar) and they are advertising the markdowns in the weekly flyer.

You can see what they are offering on their website www.target.com and look for a Home Design link.

Man am i upset.Our bulk items went 15% on Monday i believe , 4 isles stayed stocked all week long like noone was even buying anything.I was all prepared to make a swoop when it hit 30% had coupons and everything.Well i ran to target last night to pick something up and the shelves were bare.I couldn't believe it.I actually had to ask a lady where did they move it to becasue i couldnt believe that much stuff had sold.She said it wasnt moved.So be careful if you like me are waiting for 30% it might not make it.

No matter what is reported here, it is best to watch your Target and what they do in terms of markdowns. I know that I rarely, if ever, have found the bulk items any lower than 15% because some of it gets put back with the regular stuff.

In my stores, I also rarely find Health or Beauty items, like Burt's Bees and the like for anything lower than 30% as people in my area will purchase them and they never go lower.

Target clearance is always YMMV.

Just wondering if anyone in the Twin Cities is on this forum. I am hoping to find Spike the Dinosaur, Fisher price dvd player and maybe Biscuit the dog. I am in the northern part of MN but really don't want to make a trip south unless I hear that some of these items have been spotted at Targets in the Twin Cities. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the twin cities I can tell you that spike and fp dvd player have all ready been clearanced to 75% off and sold out biscuit is still at 50% and they have at least 5 in every target I've been to lots of smores also, a couple fp dvds sit at 50% in a couple stores but they only have 1 in each scanned them to check since I had all ready got 1 for 75% off but only @ 50%

Historically, they have treated global bazaar the same as seasonal clearance, and they have never manually tagged it. Since they took the time to manually mark everything, it would seem to indicate that they won't treat it like seasonal, so it may not go to 90% this year. And, asking employees, even managers, is useless because they don't know either. They can only speculate. They were all shocked when it went 30% so early, so it would not be a stretch to see it stay at 30% longer than 2 weeks, particularly since they went to the trouble to have special signs printed up.

I wonder if Target is like Walgreens where they break apart sets and/or value packs and sell in the regular stock aisles....

I went to my Target yesterday and the 2 packs of wipes are pretty much wiped out. It was only two days ago they took up half an aisle. The ones left are the Clorox wipes and the Lysol ones are gone. Which is a bummer because I had the coupon for the lysol. ugh