Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

**I keep wondering that myself.. If I get it, it would be a B-Day present for DD when she turns 4 or a Christmas present for DD and DS who will be 21/2 by then. I'm actually thinking my DS might play with it more because he's a lot more focused on Toys than DD is. It's so hard to know though if they will like/play with it or not.

For example, we got Step 2 Kitchen for DD 2nd B-Day (full price at ToysRUs.) Well, I don't think that kitchen EVER got any play time. Once in a while they play with the pots and plates and the fruits and veggies MAYBE but not that much with the kitchen itself. They surely wouldn't miss it if we didn't have it. I don't know maybe they are still too small and will grow into it eventually??

As for the horse, I'm thinking of maybe finding one of those commercial clips either on Amazon or UTube and showing it to the kids and seeing their reaction??

Now, IMO those play kitchens are well worth their money. We actually have 2 and although it comes and goes in spurts, the girls LOVE the play kitchen and food, etc. There may be times when it goes unused for awhile, but then all of a sudden they are having picnics with their dolls or if (during the summer) we decide to grill, they run to cook up stuff themselves. I think if you give the play kitchen some time (especially when your 2yo gets a bit older and they play together more), the kitchen will see more action.

...and if you get the play kitchen for 75% off, you will almost certainly get your money back from that (if it's not too beat up). That kind of stuff sells like mad at a garage sale. I just unloaded a lot of that large plastic stuff (more of just the baby items) last spring and it flew outta here. Some of it wasn't even in that great of shape. Preschools and daycares flock to buy that at garage sales.

Of course, everyone's kids are different and what may be great for one kid isn't necessarily great for the other, that's for sure!

If your Target had a bunch of 75% off children's clothing and it got cleaned out, check again! Our store's shelves of the stuff that came out to about $1.00 (like Circo t-shirts, turtlenecks, sweatpants, etc) were totally wiped out as of Sunday but today I stopped in for something else and found TONS of them re-stocked! The girls' fancy Christmas dresses were down to 75% off as well (about $5). Also snagged my first 2 MM's in like 6 months. Good day!

**I keep wondering that myself.. If I get it, it would be a B-Day present for DD when she turns 4 or a Christmas present for DD and DS who will be 21/2 by then. I'm actually thinking my DS might play with it more because he's a lot more focused on Toys than DD is. It's so hard to know though if they will like/play with it or not.

For example, we got Step 2 Kitchen for DD 2nd B-Day (full price at ToysRUs.) Well, I don't think that kitchen EVER got any play time. Once in a while they play with the pots and plates and the fruits and veggies MAYBE but not that much with the kitchen itself. They surely wouldn't miss it if we didn't have it. I don't know maybe they are still too small and will grow into it eventually??

As for the horse, I'm thinking of maybe finding one of those commercial clips either on Amazon or UTube and showing it to the kids and seeing their reaction??

Play kitchen. Absolutely the play kitchen! DS wanted one for his 3rd birthday, so we got it. The boys still play with it and it has now become his restaurant at almost age 6. Oh, and I got it for 75% off clearance as well as all the dishes!

Those who have the smores or biscuit...... are they worth buying for an almost 3 year old little girl???

We have biscuit i paid full price and my dd got it for Christmas, i would never in a million years have paid full price for it again if i had too! He just sits, he was exciting Christmas day and that was it! She played with him for a whole 5 mins a few times but otherwise he sits there taking up space. If you can get him 75% off i say go for it but anything more dont waste your $$ (just my opinion)

We have biscuit i paid full price and my dd got it for Christmas, i would never in a million years have paid full price for it again if i had too! He just sits, he was exciting Christmas day and that was it! She played with him for a whole 5 mins a few times but otherwise he sits there taking up space. If you can get him 75% off i say go for it but anything more dont waste your $$ (just my opinion)

Wow! If you got him at Target, I'd at least buy him again on sale and return him on your original receipt! Get some of that money back! Or if you can return him at another store, still, buy him at Target, remove the red sticker and take him back to that store.

I bought my DS (2) Spike and Biscuit for Christmas. I did not pay full price for either. Used a 15% off coupon, with some free gift cards ($14.00 when you spend $75) at Toys R Us for Spike, and got Biscuit from Kohl's with the 30% off code.

He loves Biscuit. He does not play with it every day, but he plays with it often.

Spike was a very good investment. All of my kids play with him. Even my DS (8). They fight over him.

We also have two play kitchens. All of my kids love them as well. My DS (8) does not play with them no, but he did when he was younger. My DD (5) plays with the kitchen every day as does my DS (2).

Burt's Bees Tips n' Toes Hands and Feet Kit for $3.48 originally $12.99. I found 3 packs in the cosmetics/shampoo endcap. There was another kit (I think some kind of outdoor survival kit from Burt's Bees but that was still only 50% off at $6.xx). It comes in a zippered case!

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-29523360387793_2037_1347098549

Just FYI!!

I just bought these same packages at Best Buy for 1.99. I went to buy my son a game for good grades, but we did not find the game he wanted. As I was walking out........I saw the Burt's Bees things on an end cap with other Christmas stuff. Some stuff is marked down, but not everything. I bought five of the Tips n' Toes for 1.99 and one of the Burt's Bees Radiance Healthy Glow Kit for 2.99.

I went to 2 Targets today and nothing but junk is at 75%. The only markdowns appear to be from 30% to 50%. I am growing very weary of this sale. All I need now is Biscuit and I think I am willing to pay $50 for it even if he doesn't get much use.

I got to tell you, though, I went over to Walmart today and got some great toy deals. Not sure if I can post them here so check on the Walmart thread.

Wow! If you got him at Target, I'd at least buy him again on sale and return him on your original receipt! Get some of that money back! Or if you can return him at another store, still, buy him at Target, remove the red sticker and take him back to that store.

would they take him back just cause we dont like him?? lol, I did get him at Target, i bought him Christmas Eve day, i dont think i have the receipt though i did have it but think i tossed it and figured we were just stuck with him since its been opened. i still have the original box, im new to Target shopping we never had one close by until we moved so im not sure how they are with returns

Edited by Kayshar13

would they take him back just cause we dont like him?? lol, I did get him at Target, i bought him Christmas Eve day, i dont think i have the receipt though i did have it but think i tossed it and figured we were just stuck with him since its been opened. i still have the original box, im new to Target shopping we never had one close by until we moved so im not sure how they are with returns

They can look up your receipt if you paid with credit card/debit card and give you full price, you have 90 days from the date of purchase for a return. I think if you don't have your receipt and you paid cash so they couldn't look it up, you would get the "today" price not full price back. I would definitely look around for your receipt because you are still in the timeframe to return, you would need to pack it up with all the orginal paperwork and packing if possible. If I paid full price for a big item like that and it wasn't a hit, I probably would take it back too.

BTW, I would say that it wasn't what you expected not you didn't like it or less said the better

So I was just checking last year's July thread to get an idea of summer clearance and to help me decide which toys to return and what I still want to buy at 75%.

I noticed in July there was Learning Curve - Train table on clearance for $20. I assume it's this one??:

http://www.littlekidstuff.com/images/learning-curve-table-no-playboard-600-LC99608.jpg

That looks like a cool table!!! This clearance I bought Circo one which I won't need until Christmas anyway. So my question is, should I return the Circo one and hope that other one goes on clearance again in July (or some updated version of it)?? Also for those who bought it, do you think that table is better than Circo? In the picture it looks longer than the Circo one?

(Because at the beg. of this thread I remember reading someone's post about this same (older version) Circo tbl. on clearance last time..so that made me a bit confused.. Maybe they alternate - Circo ones in Winter clearance, Learning Curve in Summer clearance??

PLEASE SHARE ANY OPINIONS!!! I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS!!!

Here's the Circo tbl.:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Fj1OeIylL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

**Ohh.. and I would use the table for Thomas trains sets..

Oh, yes! You can return for 90 days. If you don't have the receipt, but paid by credit card, they can look it up. If you aren't sure which card, bring them all so you don't have to make a second trip. If you paid by cash or check, you are out of luck without the receipt. They will do a couple of items each year with just your ID, but there is a price limit of about $35 (they raised it recently). Hopefully you paid by CC. You can just ask your child if she would rather return him and get something else if it is possible. We did that with one toy our son didn't like this year. We were surprised, but he was pretty clear about it.

So I was just checking last year's July thread to get an idea of summer clearance and to help me decide which toys to return and what I still want to buy at 75%.

I noticed in July there was Learning Curve - Train table on clearance for $20. I assume it's this one??:

http://www.littlekidstuff.com/images/learning-curve-table-no-playboard-600-LC99608.jpg

That looks like a cool table!!! This clearance I bought Circo one which I won't need until Christmas anyway. So my question is, should I return the Circo one and hope that other one goes on clearance again in July (or some updated version of it)?? Also for those who bought it, do you think that table is better than Circo? In the picture it looks longer than the Circo one?

(Because at the beg. of this thread I remember reading someone's post about this same (older version) Circo tbl. on clearance last time..so that made me a bit confused.. Maybe they alternate - Circo ones in Winter clearance, Learning Curve in Summer clearance??

Here's the Circo tbl.:

I got the Circo one on clearance during the summer sale. I've never seen the other one in the stores. Personally I like the Circo one because it has storage on the ends which is where we put all the track. And it's really sturdy. My son has one of those trains you can ride on and I caught him on the train on the table the other day and the table held up fine!

Here's the Circo tbl.:

**We have the Thomas Island of Sodor train table in the top picture. The playboard is sold separately though. We love it :) , it's a great table. The quality is better than the off brand tables (Circo, Little Tree, Imaginarium, & KidKraft). I looked at quite a few in person before buying the Thomas table. The Thomas table is lot bigger than the other tables. My Thomas track set came with a big wooden storage box to store all the trains underneath the table.

I would be surprised if that's the Thomas table that Learning Curve has on clearance for $20, it's normally $200 plus another $50 for the playboard. Learning Curve does make a couple of cheaper Thomas tables though.

My boys both play with their train table everyday, so to us it was worth getting the better set. We've had our set for 2 years now and it's still one of their favorite toys.

Here's a pic of ours with the playboard and track set:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/randjsmom/824364978107_0_ALB.jpg

Edited by MelissaS
added pic

Do you have the dpci for that? Did it have a regular small orange sticker or a long sticker-- like it was an internet return? Also, where are you?

DCPI 082-07-0395 - It had the regular small sticker, and the stores in my area (Northern CA) stocked them for Christmas. HTH

Oh, yes! You can return for 90 days. If you don't have the receipt, but paid by credit card, they can look it up. If you aren't sure which card, bring them all so you don't have to make a second trip. If you paid by cash or check, you are out of luck without the receipt. They will do a couple of items each year with just your ID, but there is a price limit of about $35 (they raised it recently). Hopefully you paid by CC. You can just ask your child if she would rather return him and get something else if it is possible. We did that with one toy our son didn't like this year. We were surprised, but he was pretty clear about it.

Actually, at my local Target stores they are able to look it up if you paid with a check. The only thing, obviously, that they can't look up is if you paid with cash. Just purchase it at the clearance price, take off the sticker and return to the store you paid full price for it. If you don't have the receipt and bought it at Target with a Credit card, debit card, or check they can look it up for you. Good luck!

Oh wow i had no idea i did pay with my credit card and know which one it was so that would be no problemo, wow im excited i didnt realize this!! I think ill pack him back up and take him back and let my daughter go on a shopping spree lol thanks for your help!! :)

Oh wow i had no idea i did pay with my credit card and know which one it was so that would be no problemo, wow im excited i didnt realize this!! I think ill pack him back up and take him back and let my daughter go on a shopping spree lol thanks for your help!! :)

The other day at Target there was a lady behind me in line returnng "Kota" because it scared her daughter. Fully assembled without the box.

The other day at Target there was a lady behind me in line returnng "Kota" because it scared her daughter. Fully assembled without the box.

oh wow they took it back without the box, i should be golden then! my daughter is too excited we thought we were stuck with him just sitting in the corner lol!!

Actually, at my local Target stores they are able to look it up if you paid with a check. The only thing, obviously, that they can't look up is if you paid with cash. Just purchase it at the clearance price, take off the sticker and return to the store you paid full price for it. If you don't have the receipt and bought it at Target with a Credit card, debit card, or check they can look it up for you. Good luck!

Cool, but don't know if it is nationwide. They certainly never offer it here. On the other hand, I haven't carried a checkbook for years....