Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

It's still 30% here...dang it i really want a shelf:( When do think it will go to 50%?

As was mentioned earlier, this is being advertised and was in the current flyer so will remain 30% (probably) until the new flyer is released.

Since they are doing it differently this year, it is hard to know the exact markdown unless you ask your store and they tell the truth.

Ventured to a target on the other side of town today, never do that but I did manage to find the parachutes for $3.44 crico train table $19.98 fisher price star station piano $12.48 black and Decker drill $12.48 bob the builder work table with tools $9.98 all 75% off so it was worth the trip. There are at least 10 targets within 15 minutes of my house but I been to them so often it doesn't make no sense! Guess I have to go beyond my normal limits to still find good deals!

As was mentioned earlier, this is being advertised and was in the current flyer so will remain 30% (probably) until the new flyer is released.

Since they are doing it differently this year, it is hard to know the exact markdown unless you ask your store and they tell the truth.

I've also seen next week's ad and it's still 30% off in there.

Have not seen mentioned:

Tobi Steam Cleaner (for clothes) was down to $25 from $100.

2 pack of the Clairol Root Touch up for $4.98 (just paid $7.49 on sale for one this weekend at rite aid).

Cocktail Shaker $5 from $20

Was able to get the dirt devil broom, Black and decker 24V cordless drill, hello kitty alarm clock, black and decker electronic scissors and automatic soap dispenser all for 75% off but missed the George Forman Fryer :(

my target had the bulk staples 15% off, along w/ diapers and baby lotions and stuff. i bought the kruz last week for 39.xx cuz i didn't think it would last and today i saw none left. glad i did cuz i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. my kids use it all the time and that's easy cleaning for me:) ours still had three george foremans left for 37.xx nobody must want those but me. also, our home collection was advertising 30off but when i looked at some stickers on tables, there were TWO stickers and it looked like they were 50off. i don't know if they did the markdowns today and just didn't change the signs or what, but they had tons of home stuff left.

Thanks-I did forget about it being mentioned in the ad

No new markdowns on toys at the 2 Targets I hit this morning. I did get a couple of things in other departments.

002030095 George Forman Fryer $37.48 75% off

249080203 Standing Jewelry Armoire $37.48 75% off (moms b-day coming up and she had wanted one at Christmas but didn't get it)

002030095 Plastic 8 piece Bowl set $$1.48 75% off

I did see the Dirt Devil brooms on sale for 75% off but had already bought the Kruv at 50% because it was the last one and really wanted one. It works great on our floors.

I got the fryer too--so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

went to target today...pretty picked over. not any "good" stuff left. some stuff marked down to 75% that was not marked down last week. smart cycle was $49.xx so still 50% off. No dvd players or plasma cars. I did not buy anything.

On the upside my bedding is on sale but only 25%-30% off...went from $89.99 to $65. But still not low enough. Anyone know what day of the week the bedding is marked down? I am hoping it goes lower and the size I need is still there.

I saw that they have the barbie golf clubs 50% off. Toys have not changed here either so maybe next week. I did find the tool bench for 17.xx.

barbie golf clubs 75% off here!! like $12.48 if anyone in MN wants I saw 3 sets @ shingle creek location

Just an FYI, I asked one of my Markdown Team pals today, and they had them doing the jewelry & accessories department out of the normal sequence today. It is normally a Friday department. She told me she didn't know if they'd do toys tomorrow, but I should check since they have things out of whack.

**Did they do any markdowns at your store Today or none at all? Because since we all saw a couple of things go down 75% Today I thought the general consensus was they won't do mark-downs a few days in a row?? I asked an employee at my store and she pointed me to an older employee implying that she's the one who knows and that employee told me they are done marking Toys for this week... She was kind of mumbling though so I'm not sure..

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/33660000/33662138.JPG

I got 4 of these at 2 different Targets! I believe they were $3.xx. This book is really awesome because there are "accessories" on each page! Things like a tiara, handkerchief, sunglasses, a fan and other cute items! I found them in the book clearance end cap AND at another random endcap near the perfumes/shampoo etc -maybe because there are toiletry-type items in it?

And one other book that was a Target exclusive also for $3.xx. Comes with books and glitter crayons, stickers and some wand-like pen!

**What age are these for?? At this price I'm thinking these could make awesome party favors for DD 4th B-Day. She has a friend that's half a year older and another one is like 6 or 7 y.old.

**What age are these for?? At this price I'm thinking these could make awesome party favors for DD 4th B-Day. She has a friend that's half a year older and another one is like 6 or 7 y.old.

It's actually on the booksamillion site. It says ages 4-7. Make sure to check all the endcaps AND books! Hope that helps!

I do not remember anyone mentioning this but tonight I found the Guitar Hero Legends of Rock bundle (game and wireless guitar) for the PS3 for $24.99. This is not the latest game but the one before that.

I also picked up a nice salt shaker/pepper grinder for $2.48 (even though it was still marked at $7.27)

207240060 Guitar Hero Legends of Rock Bundle Playstation3

070050222 Salt shaker/pepper grinder.

:)This is my first post but I have been a Target clearance shopper forever.

My store had quite few 75% off tonight, their holiday adult pj's were just over $3, and I found a huge Speed Racer Lego set (204000519) for 14.99, regularly 59.xx. Tonight, 99% of everything I purchased was either clearance, on sale, with a coupon, or a combo of those. So fun!!! This site makes it fun to know where to look! I forgot to check domestics and I definitely need more towels, will have to check that out asap!

I think I saw some Mr. Clean stuff at 75%. It was on the end cap near those stainless steal waste baskets. There were some wipes packages and some kind of a broom thing.. We don't use Mr. Clean so I'm not too sure exactly what that thing was. I just remmember it said something about being able to reach everywhere..

Does Target still has any Christmas storage available for ornaments and wrapping papper?? I'm not even sure where to look for that stuff..

My Target still sells the red ornament boxes on clearance. They are 50% off and were on an endcap near the vaccum cleaners/sewing machine area.

So since there were no new major mark-downs in the Toy department I stayed home Tonight and finally had a chance to go through all of the Toys I bought so far.. I made a list of everything together with prices and created a small pile of Returns to go back to Target this weekend. So my tally is 208.81, unless I'm forgetting something..

Now if I can only go through all the kid clothes I bought at JCPenney/Old Navy/Kohl's clearances, I would be all set.. (I guess that will depend on what happens with Target tomorrow :))

**Edit: And if I paid full price it would have been: 834.75

Edited by arelf27

My Target still sells the red ornament boxes on clearance. They are 50% off and were on an endcap near the vaccum cleaners/sewing machine area.

**Thank you!! Are these cloth or plastic?? Or do they just have the red lids?? (Sorry I'm new to all this X-mas storage stuff) Do you know what the aprox. price is at 50% or orig. price? Because I bought a plastic ornament box with green lid yesterday at 6.xx and have no idea if it was on clearance or not...

It's the cloth ones (it's like a foldable box) with cardboard dividers for the ornaments. I think it's made by Rubbermaid? Sorry, I don't recall how much they were. There were a lot left at a few of my Target stores. They only caught my eye because I thought it was strange that they weren't clearanced with the rest of the Christmas stuff over a month ago.

If there is only one item left and someone hides it, will it ever get marked down to a lower price if that one item never gets scanned? Just wondering because I know several of you hide things to wait until they are 75% off, but what if all the ones on the shelf get bought when they are 50% off. Will your item ever be "marked" as 75% off if it remains in it's hiding place?

If there is only one item left and someone hides it, will it ever get marked down to a lower price if that one item never gets scanned? Just wondering because I know several of you hide things to wait until they are 75% off, but what if all the ones on the shelf get bought when they are 50% off. Will your item ever be "marked" as 75% off if it remains in it's hiding place?

No, it may not get marked down. It depends on the store and what procedure the markdown team does that day.

**Did they do any markdowns at your store Today or none at all? Because since we all saw a couple of things go down 75% Today I thought the general consensus was they won't do mark-downs a few days in a row?? I asked an employee at my store and she pointed me to an older employee implying that she's the one who knows and that employee told me they are done marking Toys for this week... She was kind of mumbling though so I'm not sure..

Our stores did not get any toys marked, if that is what you are asking. They do not mark the same department more than once a week unless there is some extraordinary thing going on. Our team marked other departments.