Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I need some storage help. What shelves are you using to store your items?

I have a rather large walk in closet in the basement. I store most of my xmas decorations in this closet, along with other holiday items. I then buy the 2.99 or 3.99 plastic solid colored storage boxes at walmart. I write KG on the side (my special code) and house all the toys I pick up on sale for the next year. I have about 6 of these boxes. I do this 75% off every year and save the presents for next Santa xmas, and also for bday parties the kids are invited too. My kids have yet to figure out the KG. If it's too big to store in the boxes, I put it in the attic. :yup:

I just returned from my Target. They did mark down a few things to 75% that were not marked down last week.

They had the fly pen and crammer down to 75.

I got a Mega block King authur set that was 69 for 17

There may have been a few other items marked dowm, but really, I did not see many new mark downs.

They have moved all the clearance toys near the bikes. But still there are 3 full rows of it. Just most at 30 or 50%

I will be out of town next week so I am sure I will miss the next mark down, but I think I got most of what I wanted.

###088090257 Pitching Target 19.48 was 39.99 (last one that wasn't destroyed, didn't want to risk 75%)

###204070759 Playmobil Dragon Rock 4.98 was 19.99

###020010395 GOM Women's robe 3.74 was 14.99

###261070057 Ocean Spray Craisins 12 count 1.74oz pouches .99 (exp. 7/2009) these didn't have a red tag, but were on the food clearance end cap

###053020876 Jumbo red gift bags .74 was 2.99

Very few new mark downs in toys. Home Design still 30%. Bulk diapers, kleenex, laundry detergent marked 30%.

my wife called about the FP dvd. she was told they can't look it up for us any more. :)

I heard a couple of ee's complaining about this the other day. They said that people have been calling all day everyday for them to check prices on stuff. They've just been saying they don't have anymore to get them to stop calling.

anyone else seeing the broom vacs or the curvs 75% off? Or the garbage cans, I really need a new one and I know they had the stainless steel ones for 50% off but I was hoping it would be 75% soon!

I saw the stainless steel garbage cans at 75% in Lincoln, Nebraska as well as the broom vacs. HTH

I just got back from my Target (SLC, Utah) and the employees said they were really shocked at such a small amount of markdowns. Some stuff went from 30% to 50% off, but I didn't see anything at all go to 75% off at my store. Even the employees expected it to be another huge day for toy deals.

Guess I'll have to keep up my daily visits to target for another week! :(

Guest mzannetti

I heard a couple of ee's complaining about this the other day. They said that people have been calling all day everyday for them to check prices on stuff. They've just been saying they don't have anymore to get them to stop calling.

yea we are calling instead of driving there.

no movement at all in toy price discounts at the rochester, MI store.

Just got back from Target. A few toys were marked down, but not much. I found a few things. I did find a set of doll bunk beds. I wanted to get some for my daughter. They were on clearance for $8.xx. I have never seen these in the store at all. I am assuming it is something that was bought online and returned to the store.

The Hello kitty electronics finally went to 75% off. The lady was marking them while I was there. Got the popcorn popper, the digital alarm clock, and hair dryer for $4.xx each.

Bulk items are still 15% here. I wasn't planning on going back tomorrow, but my mom is coming over and wants to go so I will probably go with her.

Also wanted to mention that the DVD player finally went to 50% off, but they had no blue. I was willing to pay 50% off, but I really wanted blue for my DS. If they still have pink ones when they go to 75% I may just get him that. not like anyone is going to see him with it he will be only using it in the car.

I went to 2 Target's today and no big markdowns in toys. I asked a couple of employees and both said the same thing that they are marking a few items each day so keep checking back.

I also went to Super Wal-Mart and in their clearance for toys they had several "Plasma" cars. It was another brand but the same thing. They were around $40, but no where near as good as Target's price.

I found the boys golf sets on sale for 75%! I bought several of the girls golf sets last year for 75%, and the girls loved them. I wanted to get the nephews some for next Christmas, so I am so happy to find them at 75%. The sets include a bag and 5 clubs.

###088041040 Cougar XC-3 Junior/Youth Golf Set, 12.48 was 49.99

I think that's just bad customer service. It takes all but one minute (if that) for them to punch in the numbers on their keyboard and tell the customer on the phone what the price is. Helping customers is the definition of "Customer Service"! Grrrr. :mad:

I went to 2 Target's today and no big markdowns in toys. I asked a couple of employees and both said the same thing that they are marking a few items each day so keep checking back.

I also went to Super Wal-Mart and in their clearance for toys they had several "Plasma" cars. It was another brand but the same thing. They were around $40 no where near as good as Target's price.

Are the roller coaster cars the same as the plasma cars??

Anyone know if the home collection has been marked down again--or is it still at 30% off..I love so many pieces ..thanks

I think it will still be 30% off for another week because it is advertised in the upcoming sale ad at 30% off. I'm waiting on 50% too because I want that kitchen island!

Just like everyone else, my "Thursday Target" (the target that does markdown thursday instead of wednesday like the other 2) just marked down from 30% to 50% on SOME items and 50 to 75% on a very very few.

I did get some of those cute owl sleeping bags/backpacks with sleeping bag, water bottle and flashlight for $2.98. They had a ton but I noticed lots of people picking them up.

Markdown teams were all over the store though. Got lots of deals in the home section like organizing baskets and wooden pant hangers ($1.49 for a pack of 2). They were packing UP all the baby clearance to mark it in the back which was a big bummer because there were lots of us shopping in the section. We were told essentially, "tough luck and come back later when we bring it back out." I mean, why mark things down in the middle of day when there are lots of shoppers??!!

So disappointed in the lack of 75% off discounts in the toy department though. I mean, aren't they tired of these clearance toys taking up all the space and not going anywhere?

Anyone know if the home collection has been marked down again--or is it still at 30% off..I love so many pieces ..thanks

It is still at 30%. It was in the ad this week, so the assumption is that nothing will be marked down, if at all, until the new ad breaks. Typically the new ad breaks on Sunday.

I don't know if anyone else is like this, but the longer they drag this out, the less interested I become. I mean, I really want the Smart Cycle, and I will probably end up just paying $50 for the darn thing since I am out of the country next week, but each time I go and see some of the other things I'd like to have for my kids.... I just think, ok, I'm tired of looking at that, and its 'neatness' is sort of wearing off!

A classic example is all the Holiday Barbies/Holiday Advent Calendars/Holiday scrapbooking stuff that is still laying around. I probably would have bought one of those advent calendars if they clearanced them right after Christmas, but now I have no desire for one. And it's not because there aren't any left. I see them at most Targets I go to (for 75% off). But, I'm just out of Christmas mode. And HALLOWEEN-- for crying out loud! I would have grabbed the Halloween dolls right after the holiday, but now-- I just don't care because I've been looking at them for so long. :eek:

I do remember there was ONE year at a store around here known for dragging its feet on getting its markdowns done that just boxed it all up and shipped it out before it went to 75% off. I remember shopping while they were clearing the shelves of everything and asking the girls working, "aren't they marking this down anymore?" They said, "nope, we were told that it's all shipping out." We all talked about how weird that was (they totally agreed). I'm NOT IN ANY WAY suggesting that is what will happen to stores this year because I only saw it that one year at that one store. However, Target IS doing things really differently this year. I've never seen so many toys still around at the end of January.

There is still hope for tomorrow I guess. The markdown team seemed like they were out of sync with the normal schedule, so I won't count further markdowns out until tomorrow.

They were packing UP all the baby clearance to mark it in the back which was a big bummer because there were lots of us shopping in the section. We were told essentially, "tough luck and come back later when we bring it back out." I mean, why mark things down in the middle of day when there are lots of shoppers??!!

Oh! Maybe that's where all the big boxes of baby clearance went at my Target. There was a big aisle with lots of stuff last week and it was all gone this morning. They re-stocked the shelf with new boxes of baby stuff. I roamed the whole store looking for the aisle where they may have moved the boxes, but couldn't find them anywhere (2 of my Targets put big baby clearance boxes in random aisles sometimes). I figured there is no way that ALL those items were purchased within a week. Maybe my Target did the same thing and "temporarily" moved them to the back to mark them down.

I

A classic example is all the Holiday Barbies/Holiday Advent Calendars/Holiday scrapbooking stuff that is still laying around. I probably would have bought one of those advent calendars if they clearanced them right after Christmas, but now I have no desire for one. And it's not because there aren't any left. I see them at most Targets I go to (for 75% off). But, I'm just out of Christmas mode.

I can't believe how there are still Christmas toys that aren't 75% off at my store. I've been eyeing this big train set that is clearly a Christmas item. It's still only 30% off and there are Hannah Montana Christmas dolls that are only 30% off too! :no: