Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

i saw a spike yesterday but he was scanning i think $60 something not sure what original price was but $60 wasnt cheap enough for me lol also saw a biscuit and smores pony today they were marked $125 but they were too big to scan so i didnt bother since everything else i scanned was regular price also saw a smart cycle scanning $65... didnt buy a thing today though im new to this Target Clearance this is rather addicting lol!

Did you scan the train table? The one I bought was marked $69.99 but scanned $24.98. Luckily DH was with me and took it down off the top shelf and went over and scanned it. :yup:

***NO! I thought a couple of times about scanning it but it was so huge I really didn't know how I could get it down to a scanner (it was actually on the lowest shelf not on the top one but didn't look like it would fit into the cart.) Do you think if I call with dcpi # (I don't know if I spelled that correctly - I always forget what that thing is called..) the system will show the right price and they will tell me??

I've never really seen something scan differently than the red tag price.. I think I should really get into habit of scanning things..

In case it does scan at 24.98 how does it fit into a regular car?? I didn't expect the box to look that big and now I'm wondering if it will fit into my Maxima's trunk?? Maybe I will just drag my hubby and his SUV down to that store (if he doesn't kill me lol!!) I already got that other Circo table but my excuse will be - that one is for Thomas trains and we will save it for ds for Christmas. And this table will be his B-Day April present for all the small cars I'm getting him lol..

Edited by arelf27

***NO! I thought a couple of times about scanning it but it was so huge I really didn't know how I could get it down to a scanner (it was actually on the lowest shelf not on the top one but didn't look like it would fit into the cart.) Do you think if I call with dcpi # (I don't know if I spelled that correctly - I always forget what that thing is called..) the system will show the right price and they will tell me??

I've never really seen something scan differently than the red tag price.. I think I should really get into habit of scanning things..

In case it does scan at 24.98 how does it fit into a regular car?? I didn't expect the box to look that big and now I'm wondering if it will fit into my Maxima's trunk?? Maybe I will just drag my hubby and his SUV down to that store (if he doesn't kill me lol!!) I already got that other Circo table but my excuse will be - that one is for Thomas trains and we will save it for ds for Christmas. And this table will be his B-Day April present for all the small cars I'm getting him lol..

We have a minivan and it fit in the back behind the 3rd row.

Don't call the store, it may alert an employee to the price and they could end up buying it.

I would go back asap and scan it. If it's $24.98, pay for it and then worry about getting it home. :cheesy:

All of the "bigger" items I bought scanned less than they were marked.

Don't forget, you can just write the dcpi number down and enter it manually on the price checker thing! On the right are the number buttons. Just enter the numbers and press enter! I JUST realized I could do this! I had been DRAGGGGGING all these big boxes over to the scanners and now I just write the number down (have some pen/paper handy)! :yup:

Don't forget, you can just write the dcpi number down and enter it manually on the price checker thing! On the right are the number buttons. Just enter the numbers and press enter! I JUST realized I could do this! I had been DRAGGGGGING all these big boxes over to the scanners and now I just write the number down (have some pen/paper handy)! :yup:

***That's a Neat Trick!!! I'm learning soo much!!! I'll be so ready comes next X-Mas clearance! BTW did I read there's also a summer clearance at Target? Is it just as big as this one? (I really hope not cause I already bought so much)

These dcpi numbers are universal for all Targets (and even other stores) right?? Because I am thinking if I create a list of everything I still want and just put it in one of those scanners, before I even browse the Toy section that should give me all of the info about whether they have these items at the store and what the price is, right?? Because that would save a lot of my time!!! I should be able to pull up the dcpi numbers on-line by either going to Target or Walmart websites right?? (those that are not on the 1st pg. of this thread)

These dcpi numbers are universal for all Targets (and even other stores) right?? Because I am thinking if I create a list of everything I still want and just put it in one of those scanners, before I even browse the Toy section that should give me all of the info about whether they have these items at the store and what the price is, right?? Because that would save a lot of my time!!! I should be able to pull up the dcpi numbers on-line by either going to Target or Walmart websites right?? (those that are not on the 1st pg. of this thread)

Yes. The numbers are exclusive to all Targets I believe. BUT you might want to check if the toy is even there first. I'd be disappointed to see the DVD players come up as 75% then go to look and can't find any!

I'm not sure if the price would come up if the store has 0 in stock though. Anyone know?

Walmart doesn't use DPCI #'s. Only Target does. You can find the DPCI # on Target's website only if the item is also sold online.

Guest mzannetti

To save me a trip to the store I have been calling about the FP DVD players to find out the price using the DCPI#

Still $74 at my store.

i saw a spike yesterday but he was scanning i think $60 something not sure what original price was but $60 wasnt cheap enough for me lol also saw a biscuit and smores pony today they were marked $125 but they were too big to scan so i didnt bother since everything else i scanned was regular price also saw a smart cycle scanning $65... didnt buy a thing today though im new to this Target Clearance this is rather addicting lol!

Spike is originally priced at around $129ish I think. So, you were seeing it for 1/2 price probably.

It will give you an idea of the last price that store had them marked, but there is no guarantee that they will have any of what you are looking for, especially during clearance time (and ESPECIALLY during the toy clearance).

You can always buy it now and take a chance on returning it and getting it again. It is just a chance, though. I usually only do this when I buy at least a handful of something and know that I am chancing it. I take them back to a particular store that moves its go-backs back to the sales floor really fast, and I usually do a bunch of returns at once. Then I intercept the person hauling the cart back to re-shelve. Very risky, but it has worked sometimes.

What if the store doesn't have more of that item; will it still be marked down?

The Playdoh pack everybody's talking about for 2.xx (found in regular isle without a red sticker) is it this one?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61GY8CTKZZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I did too!!!:cheesy: I bought the two they had.

Edited by sallnori

Welcome to the city! Stanly is waaayyy south of Zona Rosa. It's 151st Street and 69 Hwy... one of the least shopped Targets in the city (or has been typically anyway). Sure wouldn't have guessed it the morning of the toy sale though. It was busier than anywhere I went that day. I think that store probably had the biggest surplus of toys leftover.

Thanks! I don't think I've shopped at that one. I might have to venture out later today.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone know DCPI for Biscuit?

2. Which one would be better for ds2 and dd4: Biscuit or Smores?

3. The art toy they have on clearance is - Digital Arts and Crafts Studio, right?

4. Which Little Einsteins rocket is on clearance - is it FP Little Einsteins Transform and Go Rocket Set?

5. Has anyone seen Diego bike helmet that's size 3T on clearance, or is it just size 5T?

6. Have people been seeing a lot of Playskool Dance Cams on clearance? Because I haven't seen a single one..

7. How big is Target's Summer clearance and when exactly is it??

Thanks so much!! You guys have been so helpful!!!

A couple of my stores here have the regular scanners that you have to have the bar code in order to find the price. :(

A few questions:

1. Does anyone know DCPI for Biscuit?

2. Which one would be better for ds2 and dd4: Biscuit or Smores?

3. The art toy they have on clearance is - Digital Arts and Crafts Studio, right?

4. Which Little Einsteins rocket is on clearance - is it FP Little Einsteins Transform and Go Rocket Set?

5. Has anyone seen Diego bike helmet that's size 3T on clearance, or is it just size 5T?

6. Have people been seeing a lot of Playskool Dance Cams on clearance? Because I haven't seen a single one..

7. How big is Target's Summer clearance and when exactly is it??

Thanks so much!! You guys have been so helpful!!!

We have Butterscotch. It was a gift for my dd's 4th b-day. It's cute. It sees very little playtime though. Those furreal things are neat, but my girls prefer cuddlier things. The Furreal animals have very stiff parts... not the greatest for cuddling.

Obviously this is just my opinion for my kiddos and what they prefer. I'm sure there are some out there who have kids that play with it every day. Mine just don't. Put it this way... I'm glad I didn't pay anymore than 75% off for it. (And, I no longer even look at furreal toys for my kids.)

Between the two, at least with the pony, they can crawl on it. That's about the most mine will occasionally do. Most of the time they don't like it when it's turned on cause it goes to "sleep" and then wakes up when they walk by and scares them half to death. :eyepoppin

It will give you an idea of the last price that store had them marked, but there is no guarantee that they will have any of what you are looking for, especially during clearance time (and ESPECIALLY during the toy clearance).

The plasma car that you have been talking about....do you know what store I could find one of those at? I have yet to see one. FYI, Shawnee Target still not marked down as of yesterday-Sunday....if it goes today or this week, please let me know, as i am stuck at work, but will go on lunch or afterwards.