Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Just got the Step 2 Deluxe Canyon Road Train & Track Table for $24.99 (originally $99.99) It was way up high on the shelf and still had the $69.99. I asked the associate to double check and it rang up as $24.99! Funny thing was, she was INSISTING that it was a mistake and that "We'd never sell that for just $24." :rolleyes: I was telling her about the other items (luckily that I had) that were scanning as lower than the sticker price.

She had to call another associate to get it from the top shelf so he came with one of those automatic ladder things. The older lady tells him, "That table is ringing up as $24.99" and he's way up high so he can see the red sticker and he's like, "Nope. It's $69.99." :rolleyes: So then they talk for a bit then scan it again and it comes up as 75% off. Good grief! Seemed like they really had no idea what was going on!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oMeDKiO9L._AA260_.jpg

I bought one of these today too. I also bought a Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Slide for $9.75, reg, $39.99.

Been watching this thread for a while and our Target (OKC) had most toys go to 75% off yesterday...got a bunch of toys listed previously (Diego Dinosaur Mountain, Transformers Animated Ratchet, Clone Wars Monopoly, etc). While I was thoroughly checking the aisles for toys I stumbled upon the camping section and found a nice camping stove:

Coleman Perfectflow Instastart Stove was $64.99 got it for $16.24

and a Coleman Remote Control Family Lantern was 29.99 got it $7.xx

Thought I'd mention, don't think that I've seen camping gear mentioned yet, can't wait for the weather to warm up and use this stuff. Saw a variety of sleeping bags, and other camping gear also marked down 75%. Thanks for the info.

Coleman Perfectflow Instastart Stove was $64.99 got it for $16.24

and a Coleman Remote Control Family Lantern was 29.99 got it $7.xx

Thought I'd mention, don't think that I've seen camping gear mentioned yet, can't wait for the weather to warm up and use this stuff. Saw a variety of sleeping bags, and other camping gear also marked down 75%. Thanks for the info.

Our camping stuff is still scanning at 30-50% off. I have my eye on a stove, a lantern, and a tent!

###Bride t-shirt (next to the party supplies) - $2.79 (80% off? Reg. price, $15.99) Not marked on clearance, just a price cut listed right on the shelf tag.

I am throwing a bachelorette party next Thurs. so this will be perfect!!!!

I had an awesome day today because I scored 3 Fisher Price DVD Players for $37.48. I got one each for my 6 year old twins and my 5 year old niece. These will be Christmas gifts. Now, I'm on the hunt for the headphones and the pink case.

Oh, also I got the small Haier refrigerator 75% off at $32.48.

###072010200 Haier refrigerator $32.48

###204033016 FP DVD Player $37.48

I am at such a loss as to what will happen next with these toy markdowns... Are markdown teams going back in next week to mark again? I really can't imagine that happening. Does anyone else think that will happen? I have this sinking feeling that it will be 2 more weeks before we see activity again. If that is the case, I will miss out. As I'm laying in the sun in Mexico, sipping on a cool drink I will be thinking.... THERE GO ALL MY SMART CYCLES FLYING OFF THE SHELF AT $25!!!! :(

Although there are so many giant boxed "things" that they haven't really moved (S'mores, Biscut, Smart Cycle), and I can't imagine they wouldn't want to get all that outta there. I guess I will just have to try and hit stores this week that didn't do many markdowns this past Wed/Thurs, but I think all our stores did at least something in the toy aisle... at least around here.

Arrgghhh, what to do, what to do... :mad:

is there a website to look up the #'s everyone is sharing? i know i had a site to search your zip and the item # and it would show you if the item was in stock anywhere near you. sorry im new to the target deals we never had one close by and we just moved and now have one close so ill have to check out the deals!

If anyone has the nerf/hasbro cosmic catch and is willing to let them go, I really need them! Item #087101350. I bought one for my class of 20, and the six color bands it comes with are not cutting it! Plus, many of the other teachers want them too now. Thanks!

as another poster said...scan stuff...i found stuff priced one way and scanning for 75% off.

I wonder if it's possible they are making mistakes with scanning a toy here or there and then by default the rest of them are scanning at that price?? The reason I say that is because I found this Thomas Train set for Take-Along trains in the clearance isles the night before 75% clearance started. I was affraid it will be gone 1st thing so I brought it a few isles over and put it on top of some bike helmets. The next morning when I went to retrieve it I was surprised to find that it actually had a red sticker on it with 75% price tag. It was weird (but awesome!!!) that they stickered it but never moved it back to Toys. Well Today I was at another Target and I saw a bunch of them in the REGULAR ISLE with all new toys and at full price!! Now I wonder if they have marked it by mistake or why that Target had it on clearance but this one hadn't?? I understand about diff. Targets having diff. percents off but do they also have certain Toys that get discounted at some Targets but stay at full price at others?? (When I found that set before I moved it, it did have a red tag with 50% price on it. So it was def. a clearance item...)

I am from Wisconsin!

I have been sadly watching this from my ipod, my laptop was broken but is back in working order.

Some things I got:

step 2 art easel 7.48

step 2 tool box 7.48

step 2 rocking horse 7.48

Wow!! Looks like your Target had a lot of cool stuff. I'm so envious of all of you guys getting the art easel!! I really want that one but haven't seen it anywhere here.. Where was that located?? With the big stuff, on top, with the rest of the stuff??

Also what is the step 2 tool box?? I just tried to google but nothing is coming up..

THanks!

Wow!! Looks like your Target had a lot of cool stuff. I'm so envious of all of you guys getting the art easel!! I really want that one but haven't seen it anywhere here.. Where was that located?? With the big stuff, on top, with the rest of the stuff??

Also what is the step 2 tool box?? I just tried to google but nothing is coming up..

THanks!

Yes they are on the top shelf. People are not buying them since they cannot read the clearance price!:D FYI they are for small children, 18 mo. & up.

My store also did not go 75% off on all toys. Alot just 30% & 50%. Don't forget your Leapfrog coupons. I have to go back and try to get my prices adjusted.

We also got the stainless microwave $37. DD's just broke & she was going to pay $200 for the same model but larger. Also check the Kitchenaid accessories. Mixing bowels, grators etc. 75% off.

Does anyone have a pix. of the Haire fridge?? Too large to scan the box.

Yes they are on the top shelf. People are not buying them since they cannot read the clearance price!:D FYI they are for small children, 18 mo. & up.

It's this one right?:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/d9/76/e0e9225b9da0825feedce010._AA280_.L.jpg

I've been checking the top shelves but I think our Targets just put everything in the isles.. Only found big stuff at one Target (bought train table) and have my eyes on Buiscuit, waiting for it to go 75%.. Just discovered yesterday that one Target put all of their big items on two shelves across the isle.. I don't know if I'm describing it correctly but you have to go some distance to another set of isles (so not with the rest of the Toys). Unfortunately I missed that on Thu. as this was my 3d Target and I was exhausted by then.. Not sure if they had any cool toys there but they still have the puppet theater and biscuit at 50%.. They seem to be the slowest one to discount things..so maybe I didn't miss anything good by missing that section..

It's this one right?:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/d9/76/e0e9225b9da0825feedce010._AA280_.L.jpg

I've been checking the top shelves but I think our Targets just put everything in the isles.. Only found big stuff at one Target (bought train table) and have my eyes on Buiscuit, waiting for it to go 75%.. Just discovered yesterday that one Target put all of their big items on two shelves across the isle.. I don't know if I'm describing it correctly but you have to go some distance to another set of isles (so not with the rest of the Toys). Unfortunately I missed that on Thu. as this was my 3d Target and I was exhausted by then.. Not sure if they had any cool toys there but they still have the puppet theater and biscuit at 50%.. They seem to be the slowest one to discount things..so maybe I didn't miss anything good by missing that section..

No it is brown & a magnetic chalkboard. I havent opened it, but it looks like it is onl onesided. Step II brand.

I think this has been posted previously, but just in case:

### 009110752 Home Solar Coach Light 18-pc Set $17.48 (reg 69.99)

Found on an endcap in the gardening section. Not sure if I will keep these, the reviews are not so good. Also saw gas grills at 50% off, I want to say Amana brand???. Toys were pretty picked over, still marked 30% but lots marked or scanning at 75%. Unforunately I didn't see many of the great finds PPs got, most of the 75% was trendy stuff like Hannah Montana/Camp rock, Indiana Jones, etc. Clothes and shoe clearance was pretty thin and no additional % off.

I am pretty excited about the potential Home and "Global Bazaar" markdowns! Lots left and every endcap overflowing at 30% off...I will be watching!

I am at such a loss as to what will happen next with these toy markdowns... Are markdown teams going back in next week to mark again? I really can't imagine that happening. Does anyone else think that will happen? I have this sinking feeling that it will be 2 more weeks before we see activity again. If that is the case, I will miss out. As I'm laying in the sun in Mexico, sipping on a cool drink I will be thinking.... THERE GO ALL MY SMART CYCLES FLYING OFF THE SHELF AT $25!!!! :(

Although there are so many giant boxed "things" that they haven't really moved (S'mores, Biscut, Smart Cycle), and I can't imagine they wouldn't want to get all that outta there. I guess I will just have to try and hit stores this week that didn't do many markdowns this past Wed/Thurs, but I think all our stores did at least something in the toy aisle... at least around here.

Arrgghhh, what to do, what to do... :mad:

Yes, that is exactly what will happen. Not sure why that would be surprising. They go through the departments on a regular rotation every week. That is why there is a schedule posted on the first page of the thread. The department team members are supposed to sort it out so that the 75% is away from the 30-50% so they can go through it faster, but yep, they'll go through it again just like usual.

I wonder if it's possible they are making mistakes with scanning a toy here or there and then by default the rest of them are scanning at that price?? The reason I say that is because I found this Thomas Train set for Take-Along trains in the clearance isles the night before 75% clearance started. I was affraid it will be gone 1st thing so I brought it a few isles over and put it on top of some bike helmets. The next morning when I went to retrieve it I was surprised to find that it actually had a red sticker on it with 75% price tag. It was weird (but awesome!!!) that they stickered it but never moved it back to Toys. Well Today I was at another Target and I saw a bunch of them in the REGULAR ISLE with all new toys and at full price!! Now I wonder if they have marked it by mistake or why that Target had it on clearance but this one hadn't?? I understand about diff. Targets having diff. percents off but do they also have certain Toys that get discounted at some Targets but stay at full price at others?? (When I found that set before I moved it, it did have a red tag with 50% price on it. So it was def. a clearance item...)

They do sporting goods on friday. it was probably in their path, so they marked it. they normally put things in their carts to be reshelved in the department, but it was probably "close enough" for the person doing it.

Here is a link to the leapfrog coupons.

http://www.couponalbum.com/coupons/leapfrog.htm

I bought three fridge toys for $5. I would be thrilled if they adjusted the price for me.

I've had nothing but issues with the didj coupon! I install the coupon printer, but it wont print the coupon and ends up crashing my computer...anyone else having issues?

I found a good amount of stuff that didn't even have clearance stickers on them that I knew were on clearance based on the info from this forum. I scanned them to check and sure enough they were 75% off! The playdoh 50-pack was even in the regular Playdoh section with no red sticker.

the signs at my store still said 30% off but almost everything was 75% guess they forgot to change the signs lol

as another poster said...scan stuff...i found stuff priced one way and scanning for 75% off.

went again today to get the disney princess barbies (only 2 sets left so I got one) and the toys were really picked over. i did find a bouncer/jump inflatable thing i liked but it was only 30% off so I passed.

Alrighty, then, I appreciate your suggestions and I am going to scan everything/anything I might be considering--regardless of the stickers ;) Going back today sometime to search for deals-- I could go now, but I need to do the treadmill while the kids are gone. .

I do know that the Thomas the Tank that was on clearance has 4 trains in them, but the new ones only have 2. I was surprised about that as well. My sister had to update me.

I got some National Geographic toys at 1 Target for 75% off and they were full priced and not on clearance at all at another, and I scanned them and checked. I wonder if the second Target just missed them and will get to it later...

I picked up which I haven't seen mentioned the ##204090154 Step 2 Custom Kitchen for 27.48 @75% off. There were three of these, wished I had gotten the otherr two. I also picked up some Major League Baseball by Franklin brand pitching machines for 5.50, don't have number.

Yes, that is exactly what will happen. Not sure why that would be surprising. They go through the departments on a regular rotation every week. That is why there is a schedule posted on the first page of the thread. The department team members are supposed to sort it out so that the 75% is away from the 30-50% so they can go through it faster, but yep, they'll go through it again just like usual.

Well I beg to differ. Most of the time the markdown teams mark a department and then it typically sits for a couple weeks before they go back in and mark again. :yup:

I had an awesome day today because I scored 3 Fisher Price DVD Players for $37.48. I got one each for my 6 year old twins and my 5 year old niece. These will be Christmas gifts. Now, I'm on the hunt for the headphones and the pink case.

Oh, also I got the small Haier refrigerator 75% off at $32.48.

###072010200 Haier refrigerator $32.48

###204033016 FP DVD Player $37.48

Oh Man you are so lucky. I Was lucky enough to be the first person in my toy Dep Thursday morning to see it on the shelf, but our store only went to 50%. So now what?? Do I wait and see what happens next Thursday if they do more markdowns. It really seems like they are making a lot of extra work this year for themselves with the way they are doing this mark down.

Well I beg to differ. Most of the time the markdown teams mark a department and then it typically sits for a couple weeks before they go back in and mark again. :yup:

That is my fear too. This toy mark down seems like a real mess this year. But I am hoping that it will go quicker than other markdowns because I would like to think they would want to move all this stuff out to finish resetting the toy aisles.

Although they may or may not go into a department for markdowns every week, they DO NOT mark down previously marked down items every week. I think we can all attest to that from what we have seen in stores. I have stalked items every week, 3 times a week to watch them sit idle at 30-50 off, only to suddenly note that they can take a month before either being marked down further or completely gone.

The toy clearance, similar to the other "seasonal" clearance may be a bit different but I think we can agree that although Target may have some guidelines, they are not perfect and each store will not mark down as another does.

Target clearance is the thrill of the hunt and it is the unpredictability that allows us to be score and lose.