Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I didn't realize the emergency kits were on part of this sale, I saw some just sitting on the shelf when I was looking for the car washing kits. I am sure they are long gone now, but that would have been a good deal.

I am going to check the toys tomorrow to see if they are consolidating yet or not. Can't miss out on that one.

Went to Target after work today and found:

###030-09-0971 Sealy Natural Rest crib mattress $19.98 was $79.98

I was so thrilled I didn't check on Christmas items but the majority of baby's clothes, boppy covers, etc. was still 30% off although some baby toys were 50%. I'll keep stalking the baby's department until it goes to 50% off. Has anyone else seen clearance in the baby's department go to 50% yet?

Thanks so much for posting this! I went and picked one up at the nearest store that showed Limited Availability :)

They also had another mattress by Kolcraft, reg $41.99 marked down to $11.XX.

It might have been this one: http://www.target.com/Kolcraft-Pediatric-1000-Crib-Mattress/dp/B001MZMVUO/sr=1-6/qid=1231296458/ref=sr_1_6/178-3898135-4443135?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Akolcraft%20mattress&page=1

I saw the following at 50%:

- BabyLegs

- Eddie Bauer wood bassinet

and I forget what else. I was mostly scanning for 75% off.

Hi everyone! I just joined and was so glad to see other people with the same obsession as me and my boyfriend. We truly are "the bargain boys". We have been clearance shopping at Target for about 3 years now. This past week has been so much fun, we have saved a total of $1,280!!! I'm going to post a picture of my cart today, later on.

Hi everyone! I just joined and was so glad to see other people with the same obsession as me and my boyfriend. We truly are "the bargain boys". We have been clearance shopping at Target for about 3 years now. This past week has been so much fun, we have saved a total of $1,280!!! I'm going to post a picture of my cart today, later on.

P.S. If anyone needs help or wants to know anything about Target clearance, I'm pretty knowledgeable about a lot of Target things. :D

Welcome bargain boys:2welcome:

Glad you have been having fun this past week & thanks for the offer to help others. This is a great group. Friendly people helping one another.

I also have saved over $1000 & DD over $800 just today! We're shopping to help the economy.;) Can't wait to see your pix.

Jan. & already buying for next Christmas. I still have things not opened from last year & I give away most of what I buy to my kids & grandchildren.

I seen pink Vtech cyber pockets, pink Clickstart computers, Star Wars Didj systems, Smart Cycles, Fur Real Pony not sure which one, holiday Barbies, on clearance for 30% off over the weekend and those are what I am watching for. I also saw Step2 play kitchens, and tool benches marked down 30% and at 75% off would be around $25 each if anyone needs those type of toys.

I told myself I was staying away from 90% because I don't need anything else Christmas, so I stayed away. Until tonight! It must of went today because there was still plenty left! I walked out with $140 worth of stuff for $14.

I also took in 4 coupons for $2.50 off of the electrosal with my receipt from the other day and they handed me my $10 .... so 8 boxes free!

I saw "Cars" toys now down to 50%. There was pkg. with mini ones (prob. 6 in pkg.). Also 3 packs ones (full size.) Also there was another pack of cars (similar to hot wheels and matchbox but some other brand) also prob. 6 in one pkg. down to 50%. Also I noticed some white packages of Mega brand things down to 50%. They are located in the same isle as Parents brand toys. Those seem to be like mini activity sets - color with water, etc. I'm keeping my eye on those as I like to stock up on little activity sets to use in the restaurants and when we go out to keep ds1 and dd3 occupied.

I didn't realize the emergency kits were on part of this sale, I saw some just sitting on the shelf when I was looking for the car washing kits. I am sure they are long gone now, but that would have been a good deal.

I am going to check the toys tomorrow to see if they are consolidating yet or not. Can't miss out on that one.

At one store I was at today, they had practically every toy in carts all lined up. Some were taking cart loads & disappearing with them through the double doors in the back! So they are doing SOMEthing:)

WOW! See i don't hide things either for 15%? its not worth it to me

If I see something I get it or leave it

15% is nice to have more off but not worth a hassle especially in smaller targets where lthey see everything!

I always feel like I am being watched at target I hate it

I always get can i help you asked to me at least 5 times a trip its annoying lol

But that's where people get confused. The difference between 75 and 90% is not 15%, it's 60%. Confused?

For every $25 you spend at 75% off, you will pay $10 at 90% off. That means a $100 purchase at 75% off will only cost you $40 when it's 90% off.

Example:

Retail price: $100

75% off: $25

90% off: $10

75% + 15%: $22.25

Tonight, the manager gave me 90% off on all pajamas. But, some were ringing up at 30% off, so he tried to take 60% off thinking that would be 90% off. I made him fix it, lol. That was the difference between 1.99 and 6.48 a pair.

So I went to see what was left of the 90% off, ours just went today, and I thought I didn't need anything else.

I got a laser pointer for .50

A computer to go set (in a red box) 2.00

electric outlet post for outside 1.49

A barbie advant calender, it was clearanced with a red sticker reg. 19.99, to 9.98, then I asked the young boy who checked me out, if it was supposed to be 90%, so I ended up getting it for $1. :D

I also found someone's stash and they had Tommy hilfiger cologne, it was 5.xx, so I got that for the hubby! Thanks whoever hid it:)

Toys do not look as promising this year. :(

It seems like they did not stock as much as in the past. Shelves looked pretty bare already! I'm burned out & need an idea list of what everyone is watching for.

Between Kmart double coupons & Target clearance it is hard to keep up. At least gas is no longer $4 gal. saves on all these trips.:)

i could use the list too. one thing i know locally is that hte noodleboro games have been 9.xx at 30% off

Thank you!! Do you remmember when they reduce prices on those?? They are at 30% now..is there a particular schedule they are following with these??

Also if I miss this sale do they also get reduced after Valentine's and/or Easter??

no, i'm not sure of a schedule... i just know that they seem to take WEEKS to finally mark them down further

But that's where people get confused. The difference between 75 and 90% is not 15%, it's 60%. Confused?

For every $25 you spend at 75% off, you will pay $10 at 90% off. That means a $100 purchase at 75% off will only cost you $40 when it's 90% off.

Example:

Tonight, the manager gave me 90% off on all pajamas. But, some were ringing up at 30% off, so he tried to take 60% off thinking that would be 90% off. I made him fix it, lol. That was the difference between 1.99 and 6.48 a pair.

That would work if he took the extra 60% off the original price.

Ours were 30% off, too, but I found some that were ringing up regular price, and some others that didn't have a clearance tag. They were in the furniture section, it looked like someone set them down while finding their stash and forgot. He said if they were regular price, they should ring up at 90% off.

BargainFinder- some rang up at 30% off already, so he was just going to take another 60% off the sale price.

Example:

Whenever I shop target its 75 percent off original or 90% off original

so 75% off 100 I pay 25.00

90% off 100 I pay 10.00

They never add the 15% so I guess being embarassed and caught hiding stuff is not worth it to me

90% off 100 I pay 10.00

They never add the 15% so I guess being embarassed and caught hiding stuff is not worth it to me

Not sure what you mean about adding the 15%, but I don't think anyone is trying to convince you to hide things. Just explaining that it isn't simply a matter of another 15% off the sale price that you lose by taking it at 75% instead of 90%. I might not want to take something at $1.74 (75% off $6.99), but drop it to $.69 (90% off $6.99) and I might take 2 or 3. Basically, the point being that the drop is an additional 60% off the 75% off price (kind of like shopping at Macy's with their clearance!).

I've noticed a distinct pattern in Target's clearance ways. They go 90% every year (for the past 3 years) the FIRST Sunday of the new year. I was looking at my receipt from last year and it was January 6th we went, that was a Sunday in 2008. This year, most went 90% on January 4th, another Sunday. Now I can be a little less skeptical in January of 2010.

90% off 100 I pay 10.00

They don't add 15%. All the people above were sayint is if you take 75% off $100 you get to $25. Then if you take 15% off $25 (that's 15% plus 75% = 90% WRONG LOGIC!)

you get $21.25. But if you take 90% off $100 you get $10.

So that was just the point that one cannot say from 75% to 90% is just a matter of 15% diff. because it's NOT!

Don't worry about it I'm terrible at Math too!! Which surprises a lot of people cause I'm a darn good programmer! :) Oh..well..for me it's all about the logic part rather than the Math.

I've noticed a distinct pattern in Target's clearance ways. They go 90% every year (for the past 3 years) the FIRST Sunday of the new year. I was looking at my receipt from last year and it was January 6th we went, that was a Sunday in 2008. This year, most went 90% on January 4th, another Sunday. Now I can be a little less skeptical in January of 2010.

So, when do you think toys will go to 75% off? Have you noticed a distinct pattern there also?

You'll have to remind us of that next year! Now, do you also shop the Toy sale and do you have any receipts from that??

You'll have to remind us of that next year! Now, do you also shop the Toy sale and do you have any receipts from that??

Not so much, as me and my boyfriend don't have anyone to buy toys for. Maybe a board game here or there, but nothing like you guys are talking about. We stick to seasonal items, because we're looking for a house so we need decor and stuff. Surprisingly, a lot of people think seasonal clearance is just Christmas, but that's the main reason me and him grab all of this stuff, it can be used year-round.

Last year we had our best clearance experience! We were walking around this Target looking at summer clearance and back endcaps. We came across this leather bench where they have all the stools, bar chairs and etc.. - we noticed there was a small shelf sign that said "Clearance", so we started to become curious and then this lady started to walk to it as we went to go find someone to price it, and then I ran back over to it and sat on it!!!!!!!!! How funny is that?! Needless to say, the bench had 2 leather ottomans INSIDE! Original Price :$175.00 we snatched it for $32.00.

Can I ask where you went in Kansas??? KC metro area?? I heard that the ST on 119th/Blue Valley pkwy was at 90%. I haven't made it out today.

The Target I frequent is Topeka, but sometimes when I get the "itch" I drive to KC so I can scope out more than 1.

I think it all depends on the store. The ones around me went on Jan 4 last year, a friday. This year 3 went on January 5, a monday and 1 on January 6, a tuesday.