Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I just got off the phone with guest relations. They are calling the store to find out what happened on their end. She apologized for the store, and said that even if I had moved the merchandise to a different shelf, no harm no foul. It's all clearance and it happens.

I know that they can ask me to leave and not come back. They can do that. What I take issue with is the way that the situation was handled, in the aisle, with other customers.

P.S. It was a garbage can, but it's the outdoor ones back like with the water hoses and stuff... not really IN the garbage.

Yeah, I don't blame you. It is pretty outrageous. I have gotten caught a couple of times at different stores, and they just gave me a stern warning. :blush::blush:

Yesterday, I was doing what you were doing, and I even told a manager flat out that I was cruising the store and looking to see if I could find people's stashes (which was actually true) and stuff just on the shelves. She laughed and said I should work there!

Sorry they were so nasty.

Finally 90% off here too! Got in and out very qucikly then took ds to school and went to another one. Saved some money and got a good friend a tree she was looking for. I saw some stash too as I was looking for other things but I left it. I was laughing though as I had not seen anyones before. I am too afraid to stash.

Forgot to mention that I have been finding a TON of those little handheld electronic games that were in the stocking stuffer toys for Christmas (pinball, space invaders, all kinds) in the regular toy section with the electronic toys. They were originally $2.99, so they are $.29. Also those pop itz things. I've ignored them, but they are out there.

And here I was talking with the store manager about stashing today. He laughs at me because all the employees know I go around looking for hidden treasures. Hey I save them some work by doing it and I'm not hiding anything just looking for stuff I want. Not that I havent misplaced an item or two in the past, but never in something else, just on the wrong shelf someplace. I am so sorry they treated you like that. Even if you did put stuff in another item, unless you walked out the door with it, you broke no laws.

Went back to Target again and they had pulled cases out of the back. Got 3 boxes of Goldfish crackers, a bunch more gift bags, Lucy Peanuts annimated character, 3 animals annimated carolers thing, santa hats for the whole family for next year, 8 different pairs of holiday boxers for hubby, 79 cents a pair. 1.99 set of christmas pajamas for son and some other stuff

Total Savings today was $1054.81

here's my question...if they were watching you (and your friends????), and knew what you all were doing...why didn't they then go behind whoever hid those items and put them back?

I think he was mad that he didn't think to look there and saw you retreiving the stuff

here's my question...if they were watching you (and your friends????), and knew what you all were doing...why didn't they then go behind whoever hid those items and put them back?

I think he was mad that he didn't think to look there and saw you retreiving the stuff

Definitely true. The times I got caught they pulled the stuff out.

Great question!

Finally 90% off here too! Got in and out very qucikly then took ds to school and went to another one. Saved some money and got a good friend a tree she was looking for. I saw some stash too as I was looking for other things but I left it. I was laughing though as I had not seen anyones before. I am too afraid to stash.

which store in MI?

I found some really cute storage totes in housewares that scanned at 90%. They are not at all christmas-y, so I am not sure why they are 90% off (FYI-they are not red-stickered). They are called Kent Storage Tote by Victoria Hagan reg. 29.99. I wonder if all the Victoria Hagan pieces are on sale, I did not bother to look....

Also Nick and Nora PJ's in the boys and infant/toddler section are unmarked but are scanning 90% off. They are christmas/winter themed.

Went to 3rd Target at CT which was also 75%. So that's 2 at 75% and one at 90% (virtually nothing left at this one.) I didn't really need any Christmas stuff anyway (stocked up at 75% off & at Walmart.) Advent calendars were ringing up full price in all 3. Tried to price adjust them along with some Christmas books but they all looked at me like I had two heads. I don't know how you guys do it. I did find four sticker books next to electronics section in one Target for $1.99 down from $6.99. (I think that's 75% discount.) One was Winter something but the other one was Little Mermaid. I think their orig. price was off by one dollar but they were discounted to the same price so not sure what that was all about. I bought two and stashed the other two so I can hopefully get it at 90%. Also stashed some Bath gift sets in Target nearest to me. They were only at 30%. There were Cars, Tinker Bell, Spider Man, Curious George, Einsteins. I really want these as they will make awesome party favors for DS 2nd Birthday. Do you think those will go lower and to what percentage?

Ooh.. and I did find some toys in all 3 Targets that were at 50%.

i've bought those bath sets at 1.XX before- but at mine, they usually seem to only have a ton of one or two kinds left by the time they go 50% or lower

I have been every day for over a week doing recon in my store. I don't hide things personally, but I know other people do. So I spent about 3 hours yesterday searching the store aisle by aisle. This morning when things went 90%, I was at the door 10 minutes prior to opening and went straight for the things that I knew where were. I was pulling some things out of an outdoor garbage can and the manager walked up behind me and told me that she was going to have to ask me to leave. WHAT??? She said that they had found several of the things that I had hidden and they had been watching me and my friends (other Gottadealers... hey guys, you know who you are) and they knew what we were up to. She went on to tell me that she doesn't understand why when things are already 75% off that we feel that we need to hide them and get them even cheaper. She said that one of my friends said that she donates her stuff but the manager knows that she doesn't. Actually she does. Long story short... too late... I got my things this morning, but I was told that if I come back in the store, I will be arrested for trespass.

which store was this, if you dont mind my asking?

I'M NOT SURE I'VE EVER BEEN TO THE TARGET IN CORDOVA. I LOOKED IT UP ON MAPQUEST AND FOUND LOCATED OFF APPLING ROAD. MY SON USED TO TAKE VISION THERAPY ON APPLING AND WHILE HE WAS THERE I WOULD VENTURE TO A NEARBY TARGET, BUT THE WOLFCHASE MALL WAS ACROSS THE STREET. IS THAT THE SAME TARGET OR AM I OFF BASE? I'M NOT GOING TOMORROW, BUT I'D DEFINATELY LIKE TO HUNT IT OUT SOMETIME. HOPE YOU SCORE ON WHEREVER YOU GO. i'VE GOT TO RESTRAIN MYSELF IN ANTICIPATION OF THE TOY CLEARANCE. I'M REALLY GOING TO TRY AND NOT BUY ANY LARGE ITEMS AS THREE OF MY BOYS ARE PAST TOYS. I COULD BUY FOR THE THREE PRESCHOOLERS BUT THEY ALL RANGE WITHIN 1 YEAR APART SO THEY PLAY WITH BASICALLY THE SAME TOYS. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SMALL GIFTS TO GIVE TO ISAAC'S SPECIAL ED. CLASS. HE HAS THE SWEETEST LITTLE CLASS AND THEY LOVE TO GET TREATS. IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO THRILL THEM. iF YOU GO TOMORROW LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND.

the cordova target is on germantown road, near walnut grove. it is next to a walmart and there is a startbucks, at&t , etc in front.

Guest mzannetti

glad to hear other people put items on layaway.

i think i have spend about $300 total on 90% off stuff. most of it was placed by my wife and i.

i know some of my lay away locations were found and items were placed back on the correct shelves, but never had anyone say anything to me.

i was asked when i had a cart full of stuff at the one store close to me. it was like 9am and i had just under $1500 worth of stuff in my cart. she asked with a big smile if i needed helping finding anything.

my wife told me i that i can't have my fun next year doing this.

Guest mzannetti

another thing we did was if we really wanted something just buy it at 75%. if you happen to not get it at 90% then you really did not need it that bad.

at 3 of thr 4 stores in my area. all of those xhiliration panty sets are still there in the normal woman's section. they are a 3 pack for $0.80. go out at get them!!! i think i have bought somewhere near 10 sets for the wife, different sizes and styles.

i also got a blue tooth headset for $2, got home to set it up and found out someone stole the main piece. i returned it this morning.

while there last night i found my first MM for $0.69. crazy deal.

I was there yesterday for about 3 hours looking for stuff that had been stashed. I always check the garbage cans, plastic totes, storage bins, drawers and cabinets in furniture, microwaves, etc. I would tell you the other places, but someone might get mad at me for sharing their stash location. :chairshot:gdfight:

Wow! I would guess it was the manager's stash and they were ticked you got it instead of them!

I went yesterday PM different store now 90%. Entire Christmas section almost empty but great finds everywhere else in the store. Most in depts where they belong, just look for spec pkg. Most same as everyone else has reported. Electrasol .50, AF carmel popcorn & peanutbutter & choc. ricekrispy treats .39, pumpkin bread, fancy crackers, cheese, childrens beauty sets .50 & shirts .50, table cloths .99 , variety of stocking stuffer toys, ipod docks $1, too much else to remember. Saved over $300. Not bad for a store with an empty Holiday section. FYI none hidden in strange places, all in plain view. You just need to know what to look for.;) Hope this helps.

another thing we did was if we really wanted something just buy it at 75%. if you happen to not get it at 90% then you really did not need it that bad.

Of course, that is simply a matter of opinion...some things I really do want at 90% off, but am simply not willing to spend more than that on. Particularly something I am simply not sure about. So, while you may not want to stash, and may not even approve of it, many of us do.

Anyone seeing much movement on toys? I am seriously thinking that it won't be till next week.

Wow! I would guess it was the manager's stash and they were ticked you got it instead of them!

No, they just put it in back!!

Did I mention that the employees, including managers, were fighting over the $3 car emergency kits at one store yesterday? They had stocked about 20 of them that morning as they opened.

Anyone know if they are going to make down the toys this thursday 75% off or what? I haven't seen anything listed.

It has to be coming. I am going to check the toys tomorrow just in case they do it on the toy markdown day, i CANT miss this toy sale!!!!!!!!!!!

My thinking on the toys is it won't happen this week. Instead of looking at it as what week it went down last year and the year before I looked at the number of potential markdown days since Christmas. I hope this makes sense. Last year and the year before there were 3 potential weeks of markdown days (either Wednesday or Thursday depending on the store), with the 75% off occuring on the 3rd one. This week will only be week 2 and it just doesn't look like it's going to happen when I go in the stores. Everything is still scattered everywhere in the 4 stores I have been in during the last 2 days.

Toys do not look as promising this year. :(

It seems like they did not stock as much as in the past. Shelves looked pretty bare already! I'm burned out & need an idea list of what everyone is watching for.

Between Kmart double coupons & Target clearance it is hard to keep up. At least gas is no longer $4 gal. saves on all these trips.:)

Did I mention that the employees, including managers, were fighting over the $3 car emergency kits at one store yesterday? They had stocked about 20 of them that morning as they opened.

That is just so wrong. Just like the poor manager that confronted adewrell... he could have asked her to come with him to a more private spot and spoke to her there. That kind confrontation along with accusations (true or not) just make other shoppers uncomfortable. And FIGHTING over stock? OMG, some stores just have bad management that don't realize how poorly that (employees arguing with customers or each other while they are in uniform) reflects on their store. Others (like one of our cities most shopped ST) look like they are run by graduates of Harvard. I mean these guys are so professional looking and always in the aisles with the workers explaining and instructing. They are always on their toes. I've never seen them slugging around the store like they are half asleep. (Target, if you are watching, it is the OP Super T on Blue Valley Pkwy!) They aren't my first choice to shop cause they are always out of everything and it is a very overshopped store, but their management, looks like what every Target store should hope to have.

Anyway, back on topic. I've seen a lot of activity in the toy aisles, but it is mostly moving and consolidating. I also find it hard to believe that they will do any major markdowns this week, except maybe ticketing certain things that haven't been marked to 30 or 50 yet... which some stores around here have yet to do with all the Christmas craziness. Although, I know they rarely send a markdown team in one week after another... so who knows??!!

What did the emergency kits look like this year? :confused:I know I saw them earlier & when clearance went 75% I couldn't remember which ones. Someone also mentioned a car storage kit??

My thinking on the toys is it won't happen this week. Instead of looking at it as what week it went down last year and the year before I looked at the number of potential markdown days since Christmas. I hope this makes sense. Last year and the year before there were 3 potential weeks of markdown days (either Wednesday or Thursday depending on the store), with the 75% off occuring on the 3rd one. This week will only be week 2 and it just doesn't look like it's going to happen when I go in the stores. Everything is still scattered everywhere in the 4 stores I have been in during the last 2 days.

Toys do not look as promising this year. :(

It seems like they did not stock as much as in the past. Shelves looked pretty bare already! I'm burned out & need an idea list of what everyone is watching for.

Between Kmart double coupons & Target clearance it is hard to keep up. At least gas is no longer $4 gal. saves on all these trips.:)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, mommy2justin. I didn't count days, but the timeframe was just too soon.

I also agree with supershopper1 that it doesn't look terribly promising. Not that much overstock, so it isn't terribly exciting. I usually stock up on stuff like Legos, but they only have a few Bionicle sets (which I always skip) at our stores.

i've bought those bath sets at 1.XX before- but at mine, they usually seem to only have a ton of one or two kinds left by the time they go 50% or lower

Thank you!! Do you remmember when they reduce prices on those?? They are at 30% now..is there a particular schedule they are following with these??

Also if I miss this sale do they also get reduced after Valentine's and/or Easter??

What did the emergency kits look like this year? :confused:I know I saw them earlier & when clearance went 75% I couldn't remember which ones. Someone also mentioned a car storage kit??

Yeah, one of those plastic boxes that snaps shut. It was a red box, about 14 x 18" in size. I saw 2 sets hidden in tools behind the larger bottom shelf boxes at a store today. I unhid them.