Post your Christmas savings here!

It seems that most everyone was disappointed with the Amazon sales this year, but I found some great deals this year with everyones help here. This has been a tough year for everyone but I thought we could post the total savings that we got this year. So I'll start with mine...

The total list price of my Amazon purchases was $1078.48 :gd_dollar

The total that I paid was $384.88 :2woot:

The amount I am guessing at saving on

shipping with the free prime trial $163.59 :gdparanoid:

For a total savings of $857.19 :cheesy:

This gives me a savings percentage of 69.01% :eyepoppin

All in all I was pretty satisfied as this wasn't on just an item or two it was on 42 items that I bought from amazon this year. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope that Santa is good to everyone this year! :holiday01

I was new to both gottadeal and amazon this year. I am very pleased with the deals and tips I was able to get this year. I saved the most in video games. I payed 5.00 or 10.00 for most of the games. However, I don't have previous years to compare it to.

It would take me forever to add up my totals and my savings. I have 4 kids ranging from 6-22. So I bought electronics, toys, sports equipment, etc.

I got GREAT deals. Probably the best deals were:

EZ up for my sister for $50.00

Bionicam for my kids and my niece $19.99 each.

Hannah Montana Guitar plug in game for $11.99

Sony Boom Mic for my son's HD Video Cam $46.88

I got a lot of stuff. But these things were probably the items I save the most money on per item. But everything I bought were great prices. Of course I missed the excellent deals from last year. And I definitely missed the Price Adjustment Guarantee. But they still have great prices if you watch.

Thank you ALL that posted these great deals! Working together we can really save some money!!!! :yup:

I bought 2 Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS units from Amazon. For the price of $150.00 each, you couldn't touch most of the lesser systems in the stores I've been in.

Amazon also saved on sales tax since PA customers don't have to pay tax (I know this isn't the case for everyone). Shipping I won't count because I wouldn't have paid shipping in store anyway.

The single best deal was getting Rock Band 2 for $109. That's a savings of $80 and while it's probably not the best savings % wise that I've had this Christmas season, it's a huge savings considering this package just released not long ago. That's a rarity in the video game industry.

Christmas has come and gone already at my house. We had our fun tonight because we are going 600 miles away and I refuse to drag presents along that can be opened and left here. More room in the car.

This was a very small Christmas compared to past years. I spent a 1/3 of my normal budget. My husband and I decided not to exchange giifts this year. Thanks economy.....

9 yr old

Littlest Pet Shop Digital Care For Me - Horse 7.99/14.99 Squealed!

Littlest Pet Shop Electronic Diary - Dog 7.99/24.99 Squealed!

EyeClops BionicCam $19.99/79.99 She is still wondering WTH is it and why did I buy it. Teenager was eyeing for later. Wont be surprising if he snatches lit ater next week.

Build A Bear - Bear and Dog in kit $19.99/$24.99 Best 20 bucks I ever spend. She was busy for three hours on this and so proud of them both when she was finished. I got it at Target in the crafts/crayons area.

Video Now w/ case and 10 videos $40.00/$70.00 Santa gift still in hiding. She wore out the older version of this.

Under budget by $29.00 $96.00/$215.00

15 yr old

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity $8.00/$25.99 I got this for a penny and $7.99 shipping Loves it.

IPod 4g $79.99/Got this at Apple. Its a refurb but I would never know it. Perfect condition. Happy but expected something like this since there were very few presents under the tree.

Itune Card $30 Downloaded the Dark Knight within 30 minutes of opening the Ipod.

Wowwee Dragonfly $19.99/$49.99 This is very cool! Amazon has them on sale for $19.99 right now. Highly recommended and more durable then the helicopters. These land slower and kind of glide down so the plastic does not get slammed like the copters. He got a copter last year and it broke within 1 hour. This thing was all over the house and still is perfect.

Under budget by $12. Teenagers are expensive~ $138.00/$180.00

I know I saved a ton too. I have not even thought to keep track of how much I saved.

I have been here in the past but just to see the BF ads. To behonest I never knew about the forums till this year. I am so glad I discovered them. Although I am not sure I saved any money becuase I just bought twice as much.

I am not sure my husband is going to be to pleased with me come Christmas morning. I am trying to talk my kids into giving away ALL of their toys that they have right now so that we can make room for the new ones.

So I want to say THANK YOU to every single person who posted deals here. GD is my new addiction.