UPDATE: JCPenney Shipping Question

guilliam

Anyone bought anything from JCPenney.com lately? How fast it their shipping? They have Guaranteed Christmas delivery if ordered by today but I'm nervous because it is a gift for my mom from my dad and he would flip if it doesn't show up on time. I called customer service and they said it is in stock so it will be here in time.

Just wanted to find out everyone else's experiences with their shipping.

UPDATE:

So the order arrived today via Fedex (they left it at our door because we weren't home). The box was DESTROYED!! Ripped completely open, and not at the tape, the actual cardboard box was ripped :( So I opened it to see if the product was damaged. It was a knife set, and the knife block looks ok but the box the knives are in is torn up too (not as bad, just a little.) but the knives appear to be ok. The problem is, the outside box is the ORIGINAL box that the set comes in and is torn up to the point it is unusable. Not going to be a very nice looking gift. So I called JCP customer service. They told me that they could send me out a new set overnighted. GREAT! Then she proceeds to tell me that they would charge my credit card for the new set and would only credit it back once I return the 1st set to the store. WHAT?!?! I used my check card for the purchase and don't have an extra $161 in my checking account for them to take and then wait for them to credit me back(we don't use credit cards)!! It IS Christmas time and I've paid for the item once to be presentable. I calmly explained this to the csr who told me that's all she could do unless I wanted to keep the set and they would credit me $32.10 so I could get a nice box to put the set in. So I asked my dad and he was ok with that as long as the knives and block were ok. Not the best solution (I would prefer a presentable box for such an expensive knife set) but a solution none the less.

Edited by guilliam

I have never had problems with their shipping, but have found their customer service to be severely lacking. FWIW, I guess, don't look for sympathy from them if it does not arrive in time....

I guess it depends on where it is going, but the weather this weekend might pose a problem for some shipments. If your dad really would will flip out....then I'd take a pass.

UPDATE:

So the order arrived today via Fedex (they left it at our door because we weren't home). The box was DESTROYED!! Ripped completely open, and not at the tape, the actual cardboard box was ripped :( So I opened it to see if the product was damaged. It was a knife set, and the knife block looks ok but the box the knives are in is torn up too (not as bad, just a little.) but the knives appear to be ok. The problem is, the outside box is the ORIGINAL box that the set comes in and is torn up to the point it is unusable. Not going to be a very nice looking gift. So I called JCP customer service. They told me that they could send me out a new set overnighted. GREAT! Then she proceeds to tell me that they would charge my credit card for the new set and would only credit it back once I return the 1st set to the store. WHAT?!?! I used my check card for the purchase and don't have an extra $161 in my checking account for them to take and then wait for them to credit me back(we don't use credit cards)!! It IS Christmas time and I've paid for the item once to be presentable. I calmly explained this to the csr who told me that's all she could do unless I wanted to keep the set and they would credit me $32.10 so I could get a nice box to put the set in. So I asked my dad and he was ok with that as long as the knives and block were ok. Not the best solution (I would prefer a presentable box for such an expensive knife set) but a solution none the less.