Taking granddaugther to Nutcracker Ballet today!

vsa3janes

I can't believe it is finally here. Back in October I bought front row tickets to take my granddaughter (9 yrs old) to the Nutcracker Ballet. She has been a Nutcracker fan for years but I this is the first year I have been able to take her.

We are going to see the St Louis Ballet Company at Washington University. Also going to the Fountain on Locust (http://www.fountainonlocust.com/fountainonlocust.com/Welcome.html) for a special icecream sundae.

About every three months we go on a special Grandma and Me date. We dress up, go to lunch or dinner and then to a special event. Last time we went to see Annie at the Fox Theatre. I think I am as excited as she is.

Does anyone else have special "dates" with the children in their lives?

We had a wonderful time! The restaurant was a small cute place. The ballet was amazing. We were front row center stage. Her eyes were glued to the stage for the entire 70 minutes. Afterwards I bought her a wooden nutcracker (on sale in the lobby) for a keepsake.

During the ride home she said, "Grandma this was an amazing day! I will remember the Nutcracker forever." Worth every dime the tickets cost and more.

So glad you and your granddaughter had a wonderful time. I'm sure she will always treasure the memories of your special outings. My grandma and I use to always have special days, and we were so very close. Now that she is gone, it's wonderful to have all those special memories.

Do they do this every year in St.Louis? I would love to take my daughter next year to see it she will be 10 then and she would really like it!How much where the tickets?

Yes, they perform every year. The tickets were a little steep $25 for a child and $35 for an adult. But I ordered the first day and we sat front row, center stage. It was worth every dime to see her face as she watched.