Restaurant.com 70% off any order

1josh

how do these gift certificates work do you have to order any specific amount of fook to apply or is there a limit on how many you can use at a time

The website had information on that I believe. The restaurant I chose said you could only use one gift card per visit (no separate checks). So if you have 2 people or 4 people, you could only use 1 gift card. At least that is the way I read it.

After you check out, it takes you to a "special offer" page... Make sure you only hit "no thanks" once... I was impatient so I clicked it a few times (not seeing the "hit once and wait" message") it never loaded.

FORTUNATELY, if you make the same mistake or accidentally close the browser, all you need to do is log back in again and you can print your certificates from there.

I am a bit dissapointed by the selection (I live in a major metro area and there are only a few within 5 miles, only 1 that I had an interest in going to) but the deals are hard to beat.

The thing with most of the certificates is you must spend at least $10 cash on top of the certificate value at the restaurant and some will automatically withhold a 18% tip off the prediscount price. Still, a dinner for two at a $20/plate restaurant for about $20 total is not bad at all.

Word of advice. Call the restaurant that you are buying these for BEFORE you buy them. I bought 20 gift certificates last week for a restaurant, went to use them and learned they were now under new management and they weren't valid. The website offered to give me credit but there aren't really any other place local so I'm pretty much out of luck.

At first I was excited about this deal, then when I checked the places in my area that it was listing, I wasn't a tad bit thrilled. All of the hole in the wall, new management weekly, no-name eateries were on it and were all in the worst part of town in our area. Not ONE known eatery came up on the list. I'm sure it's a good deal if you're in a bigger area, but for some reason nothing good came up on the list. I'm bummed.