Amazon Deal of the Day TomTom? or ???

I got an email this morning saying that the TomTom One Xl was the deal of the day for $99

$299.95 $99.99 (67% off)

This is a sweet deal for a 4.3-inch GPS, let alone a TomTom. The TomTom ONE XL ups the ante with a gorgeous widescreen, 4.3-inch display, and expanded traffic options that include GPRS- and optional RDS-TMC radio-based real-time traffic information. Like TomTom's other navigation systems, the ONE XL gives you coverage in all fifty of the United States, as well as Canada--all stored on 1 GB of internal memory.

Yet when I hit the link, it gives me this instead???

Save an Additional $30 On Garmin nüvi 270

Navigate both North America and Europe without loading more maps with the affordable nüvi 270. This entry-level Personal Travel Assistant makes traveling so simple. In addition to being loaded with tons of POIs, the nüvi 270 features many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones,... read more

List Price: $649.99

Yesterday's Price: $159.00

Today's Discount: - $29.01

Gold Box Price: $129.99 (80% off)

I know this is a great deal too, but I don't feel like going up the extra $30 for what I need it for. I did get the Garmin 200 at Wal-mart on BF for $97 but would return it for the TomTom. Did anyone else get this email and not be able to get into the correct link?

The Tom Tom comes up at $129.. doesn't say it is sold out :confused: the Garmin also comes up at the $129 price too.. there aren't any for the $99..

OPPSSS :o could be that the Tom Tom is sold out by Amzon.. that I did not check completly... but I do know that the pice is $129 as is the Garmin..

So which is the better one to go with, the TomTom or the Garmin?

I think the Tom Tom would have been the better of the deal.. but that is my opinion. I am not sure I have just recently began looking into GPS systems. I am now wondering if there are any that you can purchase where you don't have to "purchase" the map updates. I know the Garmin you do. I don't feel like paying $50 to update the darn thing a year later.

I think the Tom Tom would have been the better of the deal.. but that is my opinion. I am not sure I have just recently began looking into GPS systems. I am now wondering if there are any that you can purchase where you don't have to "purchase" the map updates. I know the Garmin you do. I don't feel like paying $50 to update the darn thing a year later.

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad to know that I went with the TomTom, my sister thought it sounded like the better deal too.