Questions about the Ipod touch please!

jhaferm

I am trying to find a Ipod Touch for my daughter's 13th b-day (day after Christmas). I don't know anything about these and I am trying to find the best deal. I don't know if I should get her the 8 or 16GB. Can someone please explain the real difference in English (not tech talk please). I know the 16 has more space than the 8 but I guess my real question is does she really need the 16? I have been trying to find the best price but they vary greatly depending on the 8 or 16. I am planning on getting the second generation.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Joanne

Is she going to be downloading a lot of movies?

If yes, then consider the 16GB so she'll have more space for the movies.

If no, then the 8GB is fine for music only.

I really don't know. What is considered a lot? I guess I'm wondering about how many songs/movies each will hold approximately. I am guessing that would be the only difference.

Has anyone ever purchased from macmall.com? They have the 16 gb for $269.98 with free shipping and free engraving. I think it ends today. I have never seen one that offered engraving before. I'm not sure if I would want to put her name on it or not. I am tempted to get this though but I am wondering if I could get a better deal before Christmas.

i asked my ds17 what one he wanted .. he said just hte 8. he is not into the movie thing so it worked out great for me . i was gonna say today they had an 8gb on pcconnection as the deal of the day for 189.99 2nd generation but i just cked they were sold out. sorry

Has anyone ever purchased from macmall.com? They have the 16 gb for $269.98 with free shipping and free engraving. I think it ends today. I have never seen one that offered engraving before. I'm not sure if I would want to put her name on it or not. I am tempted to get this though but I am wondering if I could get a better deal before Christmas.

If that is the 2nd generation I would go for it. I got the one at BB that was an oopsie mistake last week and I paid $249 with the engraving and p/u i store. It normally is sold at BB for $299. Ipods don't usually go down in price, you may find like free itunes cards or case but the $269 is a good price.

If that is the 2nd generation I would go for it. I got the one at BB that was an oopsie mistake last week and I paid $249 with the engraving and p/u i store. It normally is sold at BB for $299. Ipods don't usually go down in price, you may find like free itunes cards or case but the $269 is a good price.

Ok thanks! Yes, it's for the second generation. I saw the post about the oopsie price thing but by that time it said the item wasn't available at best buy. Did you just get a name engraved on it? It says that if it's engraved it can't be returned but I'm assuming that doesn't void the warranty.

Ok thanks! Yes, it's for the second generation. I saw the post about the oopsie price thing but by that time it said the item wasn't available at best buy. Did you just get a name engraved on it? It says that if it's engraved it can't be returned but I'm assuming that doesn't void the warranty.

No I dont think it will void the waranty you just wont be able to return it. THe Apple website also offers engraving and the items are non-returnable but the waranty is still good. The one I got is not engraved.

No I dont think it will void the waranty you just wont be able to return it. THe Apple website also offers engraving and the items are non-returnable but the waranty is still good. The one I got is not engraved.

Thanks! Also, just to clarify the free shipping is a UPS rebate.

Another consideration is to get it directly from the Apple site. Free Shipping, plus free engraving. While new for 16GB is $299, you can get a refurbished one for $219.

Since it is refurbished by Apple, it has the same warranty as new. I have purchased 2 refurbs from Apple and they have worked perfectly. The package was standard cardboard, but everything else (software, headphones, cords, etc.) packaged as new.

Just a thought...

Another consideration is to get it directly from the Apple site. Free Shipping, plus free engraving. While new for 16GB is $299, you can get a refurbished one for $219.

Since it is refurbished by Apple, it has the same warranty as new. I have purchased 2 refurbs from Apple and they have worked perfectly. The package was standard cardboard, but everything else (software, headphones, cords, etc.) packaged as new.

Just a thought...

I didn't think they had the refurbished second generation. I thought they were the first generation.