Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera w/Kit & Extra Lens - $649.97 @ BestBuy

noehlp

• 3 weeks later...

The Best Buy Link doesn't work :(

Best Buy typically has sales that last from Sunday morning to Saturday evening. With that in mind, the Canon deal would have ended on Saturday, 12/6.

However, the deal at B&H photo has dropped even further to $499.95 w. free ship:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/589113-REG/Canon__EOS_Rebel_XS_a_k_a_.html

B&H has 5,767 reviews averaging 9.67 (out of a possible 10):

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/B_H_Photo_Video_Pro_Audio

Best Buy typically has sales that last from Sunday morning to Saturday evening. With that in mind, the Canon deal would have ended on Saturday, 12/6.

However, the deal at B&H photo has dropped even further to $499.95 w. free ship:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/589113-REG/Canon__EOS_Rebel_XS_a_k_a_.html

B&H has 5,767 reviews averaging 9.67 (out of a possible 10):

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/B_H_Photo_Video_Pro_Audio

WOW Awesome Price!!!

Anyone have this camera? Is it a good camerea?

It is a nice camera for a consumer and for the entry level photographer. A lot Canon photographers use their canons as back-ups to 5d's and Mark cameras.

xt...xti...xs...xsi.... are the way the rebels go.

:)

Anyone have this camera? Is it a good camerea?

I have this camera. I bought it when they first came out.

It's big and bulky but it takes awesome pictures. I also bought the telescopic lens from walmart for it.

If you're looking for a lightweight small camera this is NOT the one to go with.

I have this camera. I bought it when they first came out.

It's big and bulky but it takes awesome pictures. I also bought the telescopic lens from walmart for it.

If you're looking for a lightweight small camera this is NOT the one to go with.

Yeah...it is a DSLR, it has a larger sensor and more functions. If you want a great lens that is cheap...get the "nifty-fifty" prime lens ;) Actually..the rebel is a lot lighter than my 5d!

Ok so I have to totally brag here! I love these cameras! I have an old one and it works great but I made a mistake and I picked up one of the new ones! OMG I was in love with it. Loved how much faster it was! Anyway! I searched and searched! Every day it became my mission to find the best possible price on this bad boy! Sunday morning I hit the jackpot! I was on Ritz camera found the camera listed a couple of times on their site for different prices... which I thought was odd but hey I liked the cheap price! 449 WITH 2 LENS!!!!!!!!!!! I was like holy @&*%! So I did a quick search on Ebay... just to make sure! Low and behold Ritz has the same deal on Ebay. 449! THEN I signed up for the Ebay mastercard!!! GOT ANOTHER $30.00 bucks off!!!! That was a major score! $419.00 SHIPPED I was doing the happy gottadeal dance all morning! Only bad thing for all the rest of you thinkin OMG I WANT IT! Shortly after I bought it they saw the mistake pulled the Ebay auction and changed their website! So it was an obvious error. But on their behalf they did honor the price! It has been shipped and will be delivered on Thursday! I CAN'T WAIT! Just in time for Christmas!!!!

It is a nice camera for a consumer and for the entry level photographer. A lot Canon photographers use their canons as back-ups to 5d's and Mark cameras.

xt...xti...xs...xsi.... are the way the rebels go.

:)

I got my Xti last november, and already want to upgrade. :tongue1:

Looking to get a 40d soon. (probably used, unless i can find a killer deal brand new)

And I agree, Get the Nifty Fifty lens, you will not regret it.

Being it runs @ $80, its a no-brainer. :rwb:

BTW, Costco had this set up too. I think its was $50 more than b&h's.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11315959&search=CameraTop12&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Mo=21&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=5000043&whse=BC&ViewAll=999&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=CameraTop12&Ntt=CameraTop12&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Sp=S&s=1

$549.99 After $150 OFF

Canon Rebel XS

EF 18-55mm IS

EF 75-300mm

10.1MP 2.5"

3 Frames per Second

Auto Lighting Optimizer

7-point AF w/ Center Cross Type

Item # 348175

$549.99

Edited by dmmiller

Looking to get a 40d soon. (probably used, unless i can find a killer deal brand new)

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11315959&search=CameraTop12&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Mo=21&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=5000043&whse=BC&ViewAll=999&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=CameraTop12&Ntt=CameraTop12&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Sp=S&s=1

$549.99 After $150 OFF

Canon Rebel XS

EF 18-55mm IS

EF 75-300mm

10.1MP 2.5"

3 Frames per Second

Auto Lighting Optimizer

Item # 348175

$549.99

I thought the 40d did come down since the 50d is out?

$549.99 After $150 OFF

Canon Rebel XS

EF 18-55mm IS

EF 75-300mm

10.1MP 2.5"

3 Frames per Second

Auto Lighting Optimizer

Item # 348175

$549.99

Ok, what's this nifty fifty lens and where do I find it?

BTW, I do LOVE my rebel XT camera even though it is big and bulky. :yup:

Ok, what's this nifty fifty lens and where do I find it?

BTW, I do LOVE my rebel XT camera even though it is big and bulky. :yup:

Like Mel_B said, its not a zoom.. there is nothing to adjust.

But this lens has really nice Bokeh. (its the soft blur thats in the backgrounds)

Its Just a really nice portrait lens. :)