Amazon's return policy?

Promom

I need to return an item to amazon and I got free shipping when I ordered the item, will I have to pay the shipping to return the item? How long before Amazon will credit my debit card? Edited by Marcster
Edited thread title for clarity.

they should send you a return label (I think)...I am not sure why you are returning the item. When you call, make sure you request that if they do, to send you one via e-mail...this way you just print it ou and tape it to the box.

As far as a refund....you need to call them...they may have to wait until they get the item back in their hands (which they will send you an e-mail immediately when they do)...you know how returns go...once they issue them it can take a few days to appear on your card.

Either way, call their customer service number and they can give you a definite answer.:) Good luck.

call customer service. if you are returning the item because you just don't want it, yes, you will need to pay for shipping. If it is damaged and you want a different one you shouldn't have to. either way you need to contact customer service and they will update your account and let you know what to do.

I have found Amazon's customer service to be excellent. Once when the item was missing a part they shipped another via overnight. Another time when the item got lost in shipping, they did the same. When the original showed up I called to see if they wanted to send a return tag (~$50 item) and they said to keep it. Actually both time, I was to keep the original item.

I need to return an item to amazon and I got free shipping when I ordered the item, will I have to pay the shipping to return the item? How long before Amazon will credit my debit card?

Amazon has excellent customer service and no hassle return policy. I preordered an Elmo Live for DS an returned it because I found it cheaper at Walmart. Just log into your Amazon account and and click the order you want to return. You'll have to print out the return label and mail it back to them. Depending on the reason that you choose why the product is being returned will determine if you will be charged shipping. You may want to inquire (call or send them email) to ask about shipping charges since you received free shipping. There may also be a FAQ section on Amazon's website that may also answer that question. Hope this helps and good luck!