Sandisk Shaker Mp3 player $12.49 @ tru

dmmiller

Right Marc. Its the shaker.. they shake it to change the songs I believe. :)

Yep! It's also unique in that it has two headphone jacks and a built-in speaker. Comes in Pink or Blue.

Video review: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-shaker-512mb/4505-6490_7-32417472.html

The player has an SD card slot so you can easily expand the capacity to 2GB (I don't think that it is compatible with the SDHC cards, essentially 4GB or higher).

Yep! It's also unique in that it has two headphone jacks and a built-in speaker. Comes in Pink or Blue.

Video review: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sandisk-sansa-shaker-512mb/4505-6490_7-32417472.html

The player has an SD card slot so you can easily expand the capacity to 2GB (I don't think that it is compatible with the SDHC cards, essentially 4GB or higher).

It also comes in red but that color is rare....lol. My kids love theirs and it is full of Kidz Bop. I highly recommend it as a main mp3 player or as a "starter" mp3 player. It is really kid tough and cute! :fluffy:

My kids love theirs too. They love, that you can listen to music without th earbuds. It has a speaker in the top. Super kid friendly. DS5 got his at 3 1/2 (because sister had one!) and it still works great, after lots of use. I bought 5 for b-day party gifts!:D

the songs get loaded onto an sd card, so thats pretty easy.

And the amount of songs depends on the size sd card you use.

Maybe someone can post a conversion for XXmb = XX songs. :confused:

It also depends on the compression ratio you use for the MP3 (96kbps, 128kbps, etc.)

At 128kbps, a decent approximation is 1GB for 500 songs, 2GB for 1,000 songs (so the standard 512mb on this player would about hold 250 songs, essentially 20 full length CDs).

Now, if kid's songs are shorter than the standard 3.5 minutes-5 minutes each, then you could fit more songs in the same amount of space.

I agree that it is great for younger kids who also have younger siblings that will most likely want to play with it.

My 6 year old has one and it withstands the beating of my 18-month old.

Just dont load Alvin and the Chipmunks on it - that gets old really fast!

I agree that it is great for younger kids who also have younger siblings that will most likely want to play with it.

My 6 year old has one and it withstands the beating of my 18-month old.

Just dont load Alvin and the Chipmunks on it - that gets old really fast!

I KNOW...... Boy do I know.....:D

I know these get lots of great reviews and we loved the one we bought my DS6 for our trip to WDW....but don't fall for it!!! Ours broke after about a month...and my son wasn't rough with it at all. So, I returned it and bought another....6 weeks later, same problem. The music simplyh wouldn't play...something kept going wrong with the speakers. I know they should be pretty sturdy and like I said, my son was careful, but these just didn't last. I'm sure many people have great stories but I would say, "don't fall for it...pick something else!" Of course for $12 it may not matter...lol.

I can't believe some have had them break. My kids are not easy on these things and they work great! I think, they are both in the freezing van, under the seats somewhere, as we speak! GREAT idea...I think anyway...is we put them on a lanyard and the kids wear them around their neck!:D

I have a quick question. We have chosen a 7yr old girl from the angel tree. Do you think this would be a good gift? What if she does not have a way of putting music on it? It is not on her list, she asked for a baby doll, and clothes. I just want to get her a few extra items, any input would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a quick question. We have chosen a 7yr old girl from the angel tree. Do you think this would be a good gift? What if she does not have a way of putting music on it? It is not on her list, she asked for a baby doll, and clothes. I just want to get her a few extra items, any input would be appreciated. Thanks

It is a very nice item. The only reason I would hesitate on giving it to a child from the angel tree is the fact that you have to be able to download music and it needs a AAA battery.

That is what I was thinking. Just thought it might be nice. I could always give batteries with it, but the music part would be difficult. Oh well, I am sure I will come up with other ideas. Thanks for the help!

Wow I think it is a grand idea, I bet she'd be over the top for such a popular item as a present. Would it be the worst thing if you loaded some tunes on it for her? I mean, some you already have on your computer, CDS you burned, whatever? Maybe like 30 songs or something. It wouldn't take very long.

If it were me as a young girl and I thought I was getting just a doll, but got THIS instead, I'd be :eyepoppin:D:eyepoppin on Christmas.

Wow I think it is a grand idea, I bet she'd be over the top for such a popular item as a present. Would it be the worst thing if you loaded some tunes on it for her? I mean, some you already have on your computer, CDS you burned, whatever? Maybe like 30 songs or something. It wouldn't take very long.

If it were me as a young girl and I thought I was getting just a doll, but got THIS instead, I'd be :eyepoppin:D:eyepoppin on Christmas.

That would break copyright law. The recipient didn't purchase the CDs and you'd still have the use of them (and so would the recipient, essentially).

You could load it with copyright-free music, from sites such as www.garageband.com.

I think its a great idea. We are doing the same thing for dh's niece. She doesn't have access to a computer so we will download some of dd's songs for her so she at least has something to listen to.

That would break copyright law. The recipient didn't purchase the CDs and you'd still have the use of them (and so would the recipient, essentially).

You could load it with copyright-free music, from sites such as www.garageband.com.

Very sorry Marcster--anyone else. Nothing illegal intended, shall I change my original post? I was merely trying to be kind in suggesting something.

(I am the one that was asking you earlier today in a PM about MP3's and downloading movies and such--I do not know much about them at all yet, may be hard to believe, but it is true. I am still learning **:blush::blush:very embarrassed, crawling under rock.)**