Wine

epgpjp

Ok, I don't drink wine and so I don't have any idea how to buy wine for a Christmas gift for someone who loves wine. Looking for an extremely good deal, under $10 if possible for a more expensive product. Thanks all you wine lovers for your help! ;)

I don't know how much you want to spend but there is a place outside of Taos, NM that makes this merlot infused with dark chocolate...its my personal favorite. You have to order 2 bottles or more to have it delivered but its about $15 a bottle and worth it!!!

Its black mesa winery and the wine's name is black beauty.

Do you have any local wineries? The best wine we can get around here comes from locals. And, it's available in the supermarkets and liquor stores for about $7 a bottle.

None around here. In the Pittsburgh area and we just have snow right now. :fluffy::yuck: Is there a particular wine that I should definitley stay away from? I really know nothing about wine at all. And with my sister and BIL drinking it all the time, I am sure they know there way around what is good, bad and cheap.

Really, I think your best bet will be to find a liquor store in your area that has a large wine selection and speak with the employees. Everyone is a little different, some like whites, some reds. I'm sure they can help you. If you want a good white I'd go with Evolution or 7 sisters, they are a mix of mulitple grapes and its a nice white for any time (usually from $10 - $15 depending on the store).

JMO

A couple of options, if you can't find someone to help you decide on a wine:

1) gift card to a nice wine shop in their area

2) wine accessories-- search online for lots of ideas... Some I've seen: cutting boards made from flattened (melted) wine bottles, decorative stoppers for re-corking an opened bottle, drip rings (little silver collar that slides down over the neck of the bottle, designed to catch any drips after pouring), decorative tags/signs to hang on a displayed bottle

HTH!!

Setlok....I'm in Northern CO. What other suggestions do you have? My husband and I have been going to Vintages in Ft. Collins and having them do the wine making and then we go in and bottle it. Its a good time to take friends and family to do with us but it takes time to plan correctly. Anyway we are huge fans of the reds and always like to try different things. Love suggestions! Thanks!

I find that a Riesling is a good wine to serve that many people seem to like. Avg. price is about $10. It kind of depends on what type they like, unless they will drink just about anything. Now take my uncle, he is a complete wine snob, and only drinks the expensive stuff. I think my $10 bottles taste much better than most of his $30+ bottles.

I would definately take the suggestion of a PP to talk with someone at a local wine store or any store that has a large wine section.

My dad only likes expensive type wines so I bought him a wine opener set that has a corkscrew, a cap thing for opened bottles and a thing to hold the bottle... like a clasp sort of thing, then I bought him a nice set of wine glasses to go with it. Sequoia Grove Carbernet Sauvignon is really good but I'm not sure you can find it for under $10.00

Setlok....I'm in Northern CO. What other suggestions do you have? My husband and I have been going to Vintages in Ft. Collins and having them do the wine making and then we go in and bottle it. Its a good time to take friends and family to do with us but it takes time to plan correctly. Anyway we are huge fans of the reds and always like to try different things. Love suggestions! Thanks!

I usually go to Tipsy's (one of the largest in the country) its less than a mile from my house and they have wine tasting every Friday/Saturday. I have had too many great wines to list. PM me and we can talk more about it. :)