I got my Christmas Bonus today

tokanm

Our Christmas bonus is normally pretty good, but it seems to keep getting smaller each year. In the past it's been around 2-4 weeks worth of pay. We don't get it until the day of our Christmas party. They give it to us late because they want us to spend it on ourselves, but almost everyone puts it towards gifts that they have already bought anyway. I always try to buy myself one nice thing with it though. They also add 3% of our yearly pay to our 401K. And we always have a Christmas party Dec. 23rd. We do a name exchange and exchange gifts in the morning and then go to lunch afterwards. We also alternate each year with a day trip to Baltimore, MD. That's what we are doing this year. We have lunch and then free time after that, then meet for drinks before we head home. I know that I have it good even though the $ keeps getting less. I am extremely thankful for my job and all of the perks that come with it.

We may or may not get a bonus this year. The economy put the kibosh on lots of things at our office, like a company-funded party. Last year we didn't have bonuses at all, but this year my boss said she's pushing hard for a bonus because she'd budgeted for it all year. She isn't going to put up with them telling her no mid-November, but it remains to be seen whether she'll win.

found out today that most years my job gives about $100 per person before taxes. HOWEVER, our budget is so tight this year that I'll be shocked if we do. The last board mtg was last night, and tomorrow is the last management meeting w/ final budget analysis for the year. So, I'm assuming I'll hear something tomorrow in light of that.

No bonuses here. Okay, I guess our bonus was being told that if we continue at the current economical rate we're at right now- we will only be open another 4 months. Time for expense cut-backs and job cuts. I'll consider it a bonus to make it through that!