Best Buy & Circuit City - Black Friday Items Not Available Currently

WaterOz

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this - some of the items featured in the ads are not for sale currently in the stores. I'm looking to buy a 32 inch LCD for my bedroom, and so I decided to stop at the store today and check out the ones that both Circuit City and Best Buy are going to have for sale on Black Friday. Imagine my surprise when I walked in both stores and discovered that they don't currently have these items in stock. Is this typical? Do they pull them off shelves in order to have them available on Black Friday? I noticed that the Samsung one isn't currently available on the Best Buy website either.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks!

Thats normal... they generally stockpile the items a bit. If you go online at CircuitCity.com and search the inventory of the item you want and it shows up as in stock, then you could, presumably order it and pick it up in store even if its not out for display.

Welcome to the community! BB and CC will have special model and SKU numbers made for BF items to prevent people from Price Matching. They have become very aggressive in this over the past few years. BB also will tell the computer makers to downgrade the RAM so you are forced to buy more memory.

Welcome to the community! BB and CC will have special model and SKU numbers made for BF items to prevent people from Price Matching. They have become very aggressive in this over the past few years. BB also will tell the computer makers to downgrade the RAM so you are forced to buy more memory.

Wait but if they downgrade the RAM from the advertised amount of RAM (in the BF Leaked Ad) isnt that False Advertising? Or do you mean that they will downgrade before they post on the Ad? I dont want to be walking into the store buying a 1gb ram computer when it was advertised to have 6 gb....

What they do is take a model they already have and tell Gateway they want that for BF but with less RAM, a special SKU and a special model number.

Wait but if they downgrade the RAM from the advertised amount of RAM (in the BF Leaked Ad) isnt that False Advertising? Or do you mean that they will downgrade before they post on the Ad? I dont want to be walking into the store buying a 1gb ram computer when it was advertised to have 6 gb....

Interesting; I did discover that the Toshiba one in the Circuit City ad is on clearance at Best Buy now, so I'm guessing its an older model they are trying to get rid of (hence the cheaper Black Friday price). I suspect that the Samsung model is the same... maybe...