Anyone ever made one of those Giant Cookie Cakes?

Silverstreak24

I am thinking about making one for dessert on Christmas, but could not find a recipe online. Have any of you ever made one? I was thinking about buying the dough, but I'm not sure how I would go about creating one giant cookie. I'm afraid the edges would burn while the middle would still be uncooked. Any tips or ideas?:D

I worked at a cookie store when I was younger (that my aunt owned) and we made them all the time. We took regular cookie dough and put it in a pan and cooked it just like we did the cookies. Make sure that it's even all the way around, and just keep an eye on it. They come out great on a cookie sheet (we even used them when we had a big order) I was thinking of trying one on my stoneware from pam. chef. It should turn out just fine. Hope this helps....

Great! Thanks so much for the suggestions! I really appreciate it. I may make one for my bf's birthday next week and just see how it turns out! It seems so easy to do, but I've never heard of someone actually making their own! I'm really excited now to know that this can be done and as long as the thickness is the same, it shouldn't burn. Thanks so much!

I got this recipe from www.cakecentral.com and everyone loves it!

1 white cake mix

2 eggs

1 stick of butter softened

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 bag of choc. chips.

Do NOT make the cake like you normally would. Just dump the cake mix into the mixer bowl and then add the eggs butter and vanilla in it and beat until stired. Then hand spoon the choc. chips in . Lightly grease a pizza pan and then put the cake mixture in it. If you don't have enough dough add a little water to get it to spread out to the sides.

Like I said people love this cookie cake and it is very easy to make and to decorate it. HTH