How early should I go?

ShikiMSHTS

Hey, I was planning on attempting to nab the 32" Toshiba LCD TV, like, I've been saving up for the last 5 months for this, and by absolutely no means want to lose my chance to get it. So how early should I arrive at the store? I've heard from a friend that I should go wait out side after Thanksgiving dinner and after everyone leaves the house, which would be well before midnight. I'm no virgin to the store camping in the really cold weather idea, as I got my Wii that way 2 years ago, but this time, it's a TV. I just wanna know, what's the safest time I should arrive there by?

Depends on where you live. In Northern VA if you go to the Fair Lakes Shopping Center where everything is in one area (Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) You'll have people starting to camp out at around 5:30pm at each store.

The bigger the location the earlier you'll need to get there. This year all bets are off in my opinion for two reasons. One the economy sucks and no one is buying anything and two the deals this year are not even deals. Some deals I've seen you can actually already buy at for the price at other stores. Black Friday really is nothing like it was in the past.

Lastly, again just my opinion, save some more money and buy a 1080p tv and not 720p, to get the full experience out of it especially blu-ray.

Heh, ironically enough, I am in the Northern VA area, Oakton actually. So the closest Circuit City is that one in Fairfax Towne Center.

Secondly, I'm a college student, and it's taken me a long while to save this much up, and I've been living rather meagerly while doing so. I don't really want to live like this for another semester, so I'd rather get the TV and be done with it. My eye can barely tell the difference between 720 and 1080 (not to mention i heard that it's pointless to get 1080 for anything smaller than a 40"), and I don't currently own anything that goes to that level (I may get a 360 later which would then qualify, but I don't see myself in any hurry to jump on the blu-ray train anytime soon.)

So you, who's local to the area, you think that CC is gonna fill up really fast?

If the deal really is available online, I may spring for that.

Is there a way to know which items are availble online? I am looking at the 360 arcade bundle for $199. They are offering it with a free refurb hardrive and extra controller. So those stores people line up the night before?

I'm most likely getting this as well and I hope this deal is available online because thats like the major item we're looking for that day. If we could get that one out of the way, BF would be so much less stressful.

I imagine that as it gets closer and Brad gets more info from stores about what's going to be available online for BF, he'll post it in the new section about online deals on BF. Crossing my fingers this is one of the deals available there.

Heh, ironically enough, I am in the Northern VA area, Oakton actually. So the closest Circuit City is that one in Fairfax Towne Center.

Secondly, I'm a college student, and it's taken me a long while to save this much up, and I've been living rather meagerly while doing so. I don't really want to live like this for another semester, so I'd rather get the TV and be done with it. My eye can barely tell the difference between 720 and 1080 (not to mention i heard that it's pointless to get 1080 for anything smaller than a 40"), and I don't currently own anything that goes to that level (I may get a 360 later which would then qualify, but I don't see myself in any hurry to jump on the blu-ray train anytime soon.)

So you, who's local to the area, you think that CC is gonna fill up really fast?

If the deal really is available online, I may spring for that.

I'd say get their early. If it's what you've been looking for and waiting 5 months for, what's 1 cold night to finally get it? lol. At least Circuit City isn't as busy as Best Buy. At least you get to have your turkey first before getting on line, lol. I'm planning to roll out of bed and head right over the Best Buy at 7am the latest. Might even pull a double-nighter and go right after the online sa is over at midnight Thursday morning.

1. Usually when do they hand out the vouchers for doorbusters? How many can you get?

2. I'm 16 years old. I heard you have to be 18 or older to receive a voucher. Is this true? I was going to bring cash.

3. How many people do they give vouches to (estimate)?

Thanks in advance.