Whats going on with the Black Friday Ads??

crazypurgatory

OK I'm looking for a LCD monitor for my computer I see that Best Buy Staples and OfficeMax

all have 19 inch LCD monitors and I can't find any info on any of them.

They all seam to be one off special models.:mad:

Now I have know idea what to do I'm not going to buy something I know nothing about.:mad:

What gives?

That's normal, many stores have a model number that's only for BF on some items. That way no one else can price match and they can claim that they are the only store selling that item at that price, because they are in fact the only store selling that exact model number.

So do you think that I will be able to get information about them on Thanksgiving?

I don't remember having this problem before.:no:

I have gotten a hard drive and a camera and a GPS in the past and have been able to get info on them now the camera was tricky because it was a model from the UK at walmart but I was still able to find it this stuff not a trace.

I just don't know what one to get acer,emachine,soyo.

They are all brand names.:yup:

O well.

I seriously would call and talk to a manager as soon as the ads get into your local paper and get as much info as possible, this way you can make an educated guess and don't waste your money on "crap"

Yea I guess thats what I have to do.:yup:

I just have to wait a little longer for some more ads to come out.

I was at Compusa today and they has a bunch of acer 19 inch LCD monitors and a bunch of off brand ones too.

I know I will have better luck at the smaller stores and the ones closer to me too.

Compusa is like 20 miles from my house.

Every body else is less than 2 miles from my house.:yup:

Thanks,:):)

And if a model number is just one off of another one that they carry now, it's usually similar to that one, usually just one or two differences in the 2 items. No guarantee of that though. Also, sometimes in order to have the items at such low prices you have to remember that sometimes the items are cheaper because they are a little lower in technology on BF. (ie: 1GB when everything is now 3GB, or 720 dpi instead of 1080 dpi...)

Maybe when the ads officially come out you can find some information on their websites or at the stores ??

Of those three brands, Acer is held in the highest regard. Emachine and Soyo are basically "generic".

Acer, Samsung, Viewsonic, Dell, LG, Benq, HP, Lenovo -- those are the "top shelf" brands.

That's my thinking too.:)

But the eMachines look like they have gotten better and I know that Soyo have been making motherboards since 1985.

I just can't see camping out at Best Buy for the Acer one.:(

But then again I might have a good chance they put a BB down the road from me and I'm out west of the city so I might have a chance this "One time":)

wx4srv I just want to get all my ducks in a row. LOL

I have know idea where I'm starting but I know where I'm going.:yup:

May I ask what time you began looking/ordering on Thanksgiving for these deals? Thanks

I think it was around 12-12:30 -- lunchtime on Thanksgiving. There were limits -- it was only one type of doorbuster per order and there were limits on certain items. For instance, you could buy a maximum of two of the hard drives but only one TomTom.

Since I wanted the hard drive deal and the TomTom, I actually had to place multiple orders, and pay the $5 shipping each time. But, it is soooooo worth it vs. camping out in Wyomissing (PA)'s 30-degree temps.

This is only certain doorbusters too, not the laptop deals for instance.

But the eMachines look like they have gotten better and I know that Soyo have been making motherboards since 1985.

If I can put my 2 cents in, I have had two eMachines over the years, and they performed like champs. The second one, purchased in 2002, is still going strong. My husband is a gamer, and we are both pretty picky about electronics! With periodic hardware and software upgrades, this PC has stayed pretty current and viable.

They all seam to be one off special models.:mad:

Now I have know idea what to do I'm not going to buy something I know nothing about.:mad:

What gives?

To do your research, look for model numbers that are very similar to the ones in the ads. For example, one of the Samsung HDTVs I'm considering is LN46A500. This seems to be a special BF item for several of the big retailers, as this number is not listed on Samsung's website or anywhere else. Samsung does, however, make an LN46A550 (just one digit off the other number). The BF 500 model will probably be virtually identical to the 550, and I've been able to find oodles of info about that one online.

Best of luck in your research.

If I can put my 2 cents in, I have had two eMachines over the years, and they performed like champs. The second one, purchased in 2002, is still going strong. My husband is a gamer, and we are both pretty picky about electronics! With periodic hardware and software upgrades, this PC has stayed pretty current and viable.

Thanks I figured they were good.:)

I will figure out what one I'm going to get after the compusa ad comes out.:smart: