Rock Band Bundle Special Edition for Wii $119.99 @CircuitCity.com SAVE $50

magickallight

CircuitCity.com has their Rock Band Bundle Special Edition for Wii

Price was: $169.99

You save: -$50.00

You pay: $119.99

***Amazon.com has it on sale for $129.99 - but for those of us that NEED to use our Circuit City Gift Cards FAST - this is a GOOD DEAL!***:yup:

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/ela/PC.ELA.014633167979.CN.JPG

For Nintendo Wii

• Microphone • Drums, wireless guitar • Release date: 6/22/2008

Created by Harmonix, developers of the blockbuster Guitar Hero franchise, Rock Band is an all-new platform for gamers to experience music, giving players the chance to rock out in the shoes of the biggest guitarists, bassists, drummers and singers of all time – as a solo superstar or as part of a hard rocking band.

Rock Band delivers the most authentic music game ever – by challenging rockers to master lead guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists.

Features

•Rock out your way! Players can beat on drums, sing along, groove as a bassist and shred riffs as guitarists (using a licensed replica of the legendary Fender Stratocaster) – either in single player career mode leading a band, in multiplayer as part of the band, or against each other.

•Unrivaled song library! Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists – from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, such as: Nirvana’s ''In Bloom'', Metallica’s ''Enter Sandman'', Queens of the Stone Age’s ''Go With The Flow'', Foo Figthers’ ''Learn to Fly'', The Hives’ ''Main Offender'', Mountain’s ''Mississippi Queen'', Black Sabbath’s ''Paranoid'', The Strokes’ ''Reptilia'', The Ramones’ ''Rockaway Beach'', Weezer’s ''Say It Ain’t So'', David Bowie’s ''Suffragette City'', Rush’s ''Tom Sawyer'', Stone Temple Pilots’ ''Vasoline'', Bon Jovi’s ''Wanted Dead or Alive'', The Who’s ''Won’t Get Fooled Again'' – AND MORE!

•Includes 5 Bonus Tracks! The massive song list grows even larger, with 5 additional songs for the Wii.

•Wii-styled Drum Set! An entirely new look for Rock Band comes to the Wii in the form of white drums.

•Simultaneous Ship Standalone Hardware! Bring the entire band together with an additional Wireless Guitar or start a head-to-head drum war with another Wii Drum set. Purchase standalone hardware and software to custom tailor your solo experience.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Rock-Band-Bundle-Special-Edition-for-Wii-014633167979/sem/rpsm/oid/213347/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

CircuitCity.com has their Rock Band Bundle Special Edition for Wii

Price was: $169.99

You save: -$50.00

You pay: $119.99

***Amazon.com has it on sale for $129.99 - but for those of us that NEED to use our Circuit City Gift Cards FAST - this is a GOOD DEAL!***:yup:

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/ela/PC.ELA.014633167979.CN.JPG

For Nintendo Wii

• Microphone • Drums, wireless guitar • Release date: 6/22/2008

Created by Harmonix, developers of the blockbuster Guitar Hero franchise, Rock Band is an all-new platform for gamers to experience music, giving players the chance to rock out in the shoes of the biggest guitarists, bassists, drummers and singers of all time – as a solo superstar or as part of a hard rocking band.

Rock Band delivers the most authentic music game ever – by challenging rockers to master lead guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists.

Features

•Rock out your way! Players can beat on drums, sing along, groove as a bassist and shred riffs as guitarists (using a licensed replica of the legendary Fender Stratocaster) – either in single player career mode leading a band, in multiplayer as part of the band, or against each other.

•Unrivaled song library! Major record labels and leading music publishers have signed on to provide unrivaled access to master recordings and legendary rock artists – from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, such as: Nirvana’s ''In Bloom'', Metallica’s ''Enter Sandman'', Queens of the Stone Age’s ''Go With The Flow'', Foo Figthers’ ''Learn to Fly'', The Hives’ ''Main Offender'', Mountain’s ''Mississippi Queen'', Black Sabbath’s ''Paranoid'', The Strokes’ ''Reptilia'', The Ramones’ ''Rockaway Beach'', Weezer’s ''Say It Ain’t So'', David Bowie’s ''Suffragette City'', Rush’s ''Tom Sawyer'', Stone Temple Pilots’ ''Vasoline'', Bon Jovi’s ''Wanted Dead or Alive'', The Who’s ''Won’t Get Fooled Again'' – AND MORE!

•Includes 5 Bonus Tracks! The massive song list grows even larger, with 5 additional songs for the Wii.

•Wii-styled Drum Set! An entirely new look for Rock Band comes to the Wii in the form of white drums.

•Simultaneous Ship Standalone Hardware! Bring the entire band together with an additional Wireless Guitar or start a head-to-head drum war with another Wii Drum set. Purchase standalone hardware and software to custom tailor your solo experience.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Rock-Band-Bundle-Special-Edition-for-Wii-014633167979/sem/rpsm/oid/213347/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

This comes with the drums, mic and guitar?

Can you still return things to Circuit City with them going out of business? My kids want this, but DH hasn't decided if he wants them to have it. I wish you could get a kid's friendlier version without so much of the hard rock.

Also, probably a dumb question, but if you buy Rock Band, can you use the guitar and drums for guitar hero? I know nothing about these, my kids just fell in love with them at Best Buy the other day!

Can you still return things to Circuit City with them going out of business? My kids want this, but DH hasn't decided if he wants them to have it. I wish you could get a kid's friendlier version without so much of the hard rock.

Also, probably a dumb question, but if you buy Rock Band, can you use the guitar and drums for guitar hero? I know nothing about these, my kids just fell in love with them at Best Buy the other day!

I have read that the guitar and drums are NOT compatible with Guitar Hero... but I am NOT an expert on this one- just something I read on a board when thinking of buying one or the other.

Given the choice would you buy Rockband or Guitar Hero for the WII? Primarily used by those in their late 20's early 30's. Is the only major difference the music choices?

My son who is 12 purchased the Guitar Hero... but I think Rock Band with the drums might be better for older folks... Although it seems like everyone loves both! :tongue1:

I just got rockband and its extremly difficult to play on hard. My kids are a litlle better at it than I am though. Good deal too :)

My 6 year old can do drums on hard. I've moved up to medium on most songs (guitar), but he'll tell me, you should probably pick easy on this song mom, its pretty hard. But he'll still pick hard. :eyepoppin I can't do it. Sometimes I fail on medium. Pretty sad when your 6 year old is saving you. :cheesy:

I wish they would come out with a Rockband Disney edition! that would be awesome for us. I preordered the rockband for wii from Amazon and was very disapointed when we got it...not really little kid friendly IMHO...they were going to charge us for restocking AND shipping if we returned it...so it's been under our piano ever since...have no idea what to do with the thing. :no:

I wish they would come out with a Rockband Disney edition! that would be awesome for us. I preordered the rockband for wii from Amazon and was very disapointed when we got it...not really little kid friendly IMHO...they were going to charge us for restocking AND shipping if we returned it...so it's been under our piano ever since...have no idea what to do with the thing. :no:

One word....EBAY. :cool:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro 60 GB System Holiday Bundle

$299.00 $254.15 Free Shipping After Coupon

Holiday bundles includes: Xbox 360 console and 2 games (Lego Indiana Jones & Kung Fu Panda). This bundle will be $299 everywhere on Black Friday. Order it at Dell today for $254.15 after 15% off coupon. Expires: 11/14/08 or after 7,000 redemptions.

Dell Home Coupon: SKF3MQS8JXV9F9 - Expires: 11/14/2008

Tell a Friend 5 Comments Dell Home Coupons

Given the choice would you buy Rockband or Guitar Hero for the WII? Primarily used by those in their late 20's early 30's. Is the only major difference the music choices?

Depends. Is only one person going to play or multiple people? If only one person will be playing, I think the only real difference is the songs. There's a ton more to do in Rock Band than Guitar Hero. If multiple people are playing, Rock Band hands down.

Depends. Is only one person going to play or multiple people? If only one person will be playing, I think the only real difference is the songs. There's a ton more to do in Rock Band than Guitar Hero. If multiple people are playing, Rock Band hands down.

But, now there is the Guitar Hero Band kit. I don't know which one to get me kids.:confused:

FYI- Did some reading and talked with some serious gamers and both said there are upgrades in hardware and software in Rockband 2 for Wii that will make it worth it to wait until just after christmas for its release.

Thanks for the info!! I was contemplating ordering this for my son for Christmas but now I think that I will pre order the new one instead.