Give us ideas for more contests & win a BF t-shirt - CONTEST OVER!

Brad

pass our flyers promoting GottaDeal (must submit pic proof of you doing it)

recon: pictures of the 5 items you think will be top sellers/hard to get on BF (you must be in pic and have a GottaDeal 'sign' in the pic with the items)

a write-in contest...who most deserves a shirt and why

a similiar write-in contest...who DOESN'T deserve a shirt but wants one anyway (this could be really funny)

One that is good for a little sillyness might be have someone take a sleeping bag and be in their PJs and go outside a major store like WalMart or Best Buy and they have to set up near the door with a sign that says "Black Friday or Bust" and make it look like they are already getting in line for it weeks early and then post the photograph here.QUOTE]

there are a lot of good ideas so far but this one had me rofl! would love to see people doing that one.

my ideas aren't as good

1. tell the funniest thing you've ever seen on BF

2. the rudest person

3. the nicest person

4. the longest you've ever waited in line at the checkout

5. the weirdest BF dream you've had

I) Describe what BF means to you WITHOUT using the words Black Friday, shopping, deals, early, cold, or crazy.

I like this idea... plus it can be used in different ways!

My idea is to create the ultimate smiley and new BF tag line for Gottadeal

Here is some trivia questions for noehlp :)

In 1836, Alabama was the first state in the USA to declare Christmas a legal holiday.

In 1907, Oklahoma became the last USA state to declare Christmas a legal holiday.

Santa's reindeer are named Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Oh - and of course, Rudolph.

A note from a visitor has added a correction to one of the reindeer:

The name Donner is actually "Donder." It was mispronounced in a song many years ago and never changed back to it's original form. You may follow this link for more information about what happened: http://www.donder.com (from Mike Smullen)

3) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was created as a promotion for what department store?

Choose Your Answer: A: J.C. Penney, B: Montgomery Ward, C: Macy's, D: Nordstrom

1) The real St. Nicholas was born in what modern-day country?

Choose Your Answer: A: Israel, B: Pakistan, C: Iraq, D: Turkey

5) What was the name of the magician with the magic hat in the 1969 TV special "Frosty the Snowman"?

Choose Your Answer: A: Black Bart, B: Black Peter, C: Professor Finkle, D: Professor Hinkle)

Eggnog was first consumed in what U.S. city?

Choose Your Answer: A: Jamestown, Virginia, B: Provincetown, Massachusetts, C: Boston Massachusetts, D: New York, New York

Edited by 3 boys
title

Oakley Doakley!!

I have in my possession.....a small coffee jar.

Inside the jar is quarters, that I use for my poker night.

I plan to cash in the jar before BF.

Closest guess to the amount w/o going over wins the T-Shirt

I'll post the reciept for proof.

BTW- I suggested this idea to Brad about 3 weeks ago and didn't read the past three pages. So if anyone thinks I'm copying an idea or simply reposting....think again! Bucko!

:beer:

Edited by Scanner420
Scanner's a dumm@ss!

Something similar to what you did the other day, have someone go to a retailer that you currently have a bf ad for and find one of the bf items and take a picture of it along with the print out of the page. So someone might go to Sears or Walgreens or another store that YOU have a bf ad for.

Post somewhere on this website a phrase and give a clue that people would have to go find it. The first person to post the correct phrase wins a shirt.

-Write a tagline or phrase for Gottadeal.com

-Write why you need a shirt

-Print a gottadeal.com logo out and go to the store that is your first stop on BF and take a picture.

-Make a gottadeal christmas ornament and post a picture

-Any type of trivia contest (those that get the answers write are put into a raffle for the shirt)

Since the holidays isn't always about receiving Gifts why dont you run a contest using your Deal Finder Service Having people help other find a deal on something and the person who helps the most, the person who finds the best deal, & the person who got the deal will all win shirts!

Or maybe.....

What If you were to ask the people @ Gottadeal to describe the ideal holiday season, what would they say? Why dont you have the people @ Gottadeal write "how they will focus on more of what matters most this holiday, not just more stuff!" They can include there best ideas or brightest holiday memories b/c nowadays I think people overlook the little things!! After all the holidays, are meant to be a time of peace, reflection, and celebration!!

Or maybe.....

Just give all of us shirts to uplift our spirts!! LoL (Hey its worth a shot asking)

Not sure if it was mentioned tried not to read so I could think of an idea....

I know on another site they have had give aways if you could find certain items on the site and either click to take you to a different place to register or if there was more than one item to find then copy them all to an email and then email all items...I guess like online scavenger hunting...

so you could come up with a logo of some sort and post if you find it and you could even do it with a number on it and then if you have to find multiple icons you know which one you are missing.

Guys, can you all give ideas of these questions/holiday trivia?

Chat room Holiday Trivia. Brad would ask the questions, first correct answer to appear in the chat window to Brad wins, first person to 10 answered correctly wins.

For Instance -

1 What was the name of the street Ralphie lived on in a Christmas Story?

2 In what state do the main characters of White Christmas do their Christmas Eve show?

3 Where did Uncle Billy lose the money he was to deposit in the bank in It's a Wonderful Life?

4 What year was the song Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer first released?

5 Who is the narrator of the Rankin/Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer show?

6 What color of Christmas tree did Lucy want in A Charlie Brown Christmas?

7 What Christmas tune was first made famous by the original Catwoman?

8 In Polar Express which robe pocket (right or left) was torn that in turn lost the silver bell?

9 In what year did the Macy's Thanksgiving parade first start?

10 How were Karen and Frosty going to get to the North Pole in animated Frosty the Snowman?

These are just a few. They are a little tough, but I think for times sake in the chat room you need them to be a little on the perplexing side.

All my good answers like scavanger hunts and stuff were taken. So. How about a T-Shirt Freebie! Brad - you don't wanna get stuck with those shirts! You want them proudly worn by your loyal Gotta Deal Crew. So just pick some of your great fans and send us a shirt! We want them, you don't and we will be over joyed to tell EVERYONE who stops and says "Hey what's that on you shirt?" exactly where they can go (so to speak) to find out all about Black Friday from the BF MASTER!!!

I got an idea!

Decorate a Holiday Tree ornament or make one that features GottaDeal.com's logo, or stuff about it. Go to a local store. Place it on one of their Holiday Tree's, take a picture. Post the picture here, and tell us what store, make sure we can see the ornament too!

Now whether you leave the ornament on the tree or not, that's up to you. :)

I got an idea!

Decorate a Holiday Tree ornament or make one that features GottaDeal.com's logo, or stuff about it. Go to a local store. Place it on one of their Holiday Tree's, take a picture. Post the picture here, and tell us what store, make sure we can see the ornament too!

Now whether you leave the ornament on the tree or not, that's up to you. :)

this is really a cute idea....I'd sooooo do this!

Here are some ideas...

1. See how many words people can come up using the 2 words BLACK FRIDAY

2. make up a story, Twas the night before Black Friday...i.e.,

Twas the night before black friday, when all through the house

Not a person was stirring, except for mom with her long list that she stuck in her pouch

3. BLACK FRIDAY BINGO...email anyone who wants to participate a bingo card and you

would post bingo numbers either daily or several times a day, and whoever gets bingo

can email you back the card for verification

4. using the words BLACK FRIDAY, letter association game...B-Bright & Earlier, L-Long Lines

A-Angry people, etc....

5. You said that you will randomly pick 3 people that responded to this email, why not give

some out to the idea or ideas that you actually use, if there are any

6. Scavanger Hunt with the Black Friday ads

That is all I have for now. Good luck with giving them out.

Is there a city called Santa Claus in Indiana answer ( True )

Been there a couple of times, great theme park! :yup: Very clean and you get free drinks and sunscreen all day! Although it's a little freaky driving through the town and seeing all the xmas stuff in June and July! :cheesy: