Out of town BB - Antioch or Brentwood, TN?

pointerspots

Anyone here to go to either of these stores last year and have any info? We will be in TN for the first time for Thanksgiving this year and I'd like to try to escape the family and get in line by 10 or 11PM Thurs. Where I'm from in FL, that would be totally pointless - last year we were in line by 5PM and still didn't get what we waited for. Just wondering how these stores fare....my hope would be that people line up later in colder climates, but I know a lot of places where that doesn't apply. Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't go to Antioch. That area has a lot of crime. There is a Best Buy in Murfreesboro. It's a smaller BB. Never been to the BB in Franklin, but since it's in a "upper class" area, you may want to go there. You're less likely to get shot.

There is a best buy in west nashville where I was at last year. I did not camp out but I drove by late on thanskgiving night and there weren't that many people in line, maybe 10 if that and this was at like 10pm. It is not far from that area. It is the best buy on charlotte pike located in the nashville west shopping center.

ETA: I second that about antioch, not a very good area. The nashville west shopping center has a lot of other stores too, like target, old navy, dick's, bath & body works, they have a big book store, a costco, limited too, and I think marshall's maybe. There is also a walmart and Lowe's in this area. If you go to bellevue, which is not far from nashville west, they have a toys r us, circuit city, michael's, bed bath & beyond, home depot, sears and macys. I do all my BF shopping in these areas.

Edited by MeliesMom

I didn't realize there was a BB in Antioch. I agree with PP, stay away from that area, definitely not safe. It's a shame really, there is a mall and lots of good bf stores in the area, but the crime has gone up so dramatically that most avoid it. :( There is a BB in Cool Springs, but I don't know how crowded it gets.

The west nashville one and all the stores around it are fairly new. I think this year might be the 2nd or 3rd year for most the stores in that area. There are a lot of shoppers but it's not as extreme as having to line up at noon on Thanksgiving. I have had no trouble getting in and out of the stores on BF. I was in and out of target in less than 30 minutes and best buy the same. But this was around 6 or 6:30ish, whenever target opens so most of the BB crowd had probably cleared out by then cause I think they open at 5 but BB really wasn't crowded at all. Cool Springs is a big shopping area too. They have tons of stores. But I know it is super crowded all the time in Cool Springs, so on BF I don't even go that way!

I wouldn't go to Antioch. That area has a lot of crime. There is a Best Buy in Murfreesboro. It's a smaller BB. Never been to the BB in Franklin, but since it's in a "upper class" area, you may want to go there. You're less likely to get shot.

I wouldn't listen to this comment (no offense) but the Antioch BB is a great place to go for your shopping. I've been there the last 3 yrs and have never had one problem..... You will meet alot of friendly people there and I don't think any drive by's will happen on Thanksgiving day or BF.