Kids charecter sunglasses only .01 at Dollar Genneral

davephillyj

I never point it out if I see it, and my guys are nice enough to let me keep it if it has already been rung up. They usually do pull the things and mark through the bar code and mark everything .50 or .25 cent and put it in a buggy with a sign. But every now and again, I get lucky!

You are lucky! Once stuff goes to .01 here, they pull it and if you are lucky enough to find something still out they refuse to sell it. They did that to me about a week ago and I immediately demanded both the district and regional office phone numbers.

Can you tell me the results of the phone calls to the district and regional offices? I've had the same thing happen to me twice where the cashier refuses to sell me children's vhs videos for 1 cent after the cash register clearly rings it up for a penny. All the cashier says is "nope, I can't sell it to you." No explanation as to why it can't be sold. I've e-mailed the Dollar General customer service and never received a reply back. I'm just curious if you've ever received an answer.

I was told once that it is supposed to be sent back to the manufactor. I told them, well shouldn't it ring up "error" or "no sale" or warning. I have lost the argument a couple of times but sometimes I win. I go when it's the "new" workers on shift! Talk to them and keep them busy so they are not watching the screen. If they are not supposed to sell it for .01 then it should not ring up. It should say something like at Kmart about the shelf label or anything.

My dh works for DG as a Regional LP person and he said that they are not supposed to sell the items and in fact the stores should have cleared them off the shelves at that point. He said the reason they aren't supposed to sell them is because the items are taken out of the inventory count when they get salvaged like that and if the store sells them then it will mess up their inventory numbers. That is his concern with the subject because in LP that is part of his department - inventory numbers, LOL.