Official Sears Press Release on BF Ad and Secret Sale Info

bigjimslade

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081027/aqm580.html?.v=1

Sears Gets Consumers Ready for Post-Thanksgiving Shopping Extravaganza

Monday October 27, 7:11 pm ET

Specials Making Waves Online, More Holiday Promotions Available Today ... And Even More to Come the Day After Thanksgiving

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Oct. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- As Black Friday specials begin to run rampant on the Internet in high anticipation of this year's gift-giving season, Sears is excited to announce even more great offers that are in the works between now and Christmas.

Sears day after-Thanksgiving specials are already creating tremendous buzz online today, and the company wants consumers to know that more is yet to come. Sears announced that it will also be offering additional specials on Black Friday in store that will not be advertised in advance. Customers will need to come into their local Sears store on that now famous shopping day to experience these great deals.

"The fact is that Sears has unadvertised specials throughout the entire holiday shopping season," said Don Hamblen, Sears Chief Marketing Officer. "These unadvertised specials will give our customers more opportunities to make all of their holiday wishes come true."

The shopping fun doesn't end there. Shoppers also have the chance to participate in "The Search for the Golden Wish Ticket" giveaway, starting Nov. 16 through Dec. 24, 2008. More than 30 million "Golden Wish" tickets will be distributed in-stores and online while supplies last. Customers peel and reveal the ticket to determine if they've struck gold. Through this exciting giveaway, shoppers have the chance to win one of 40 Golden Wishes and more than 22,000 prizes. Golden wishes include once-in-a-lifetime experiences, such as a shopping spree with LL Cool J and prizes like a Sony Dream Media Room, equipped with more than $5,000 in Sony electronics.

Shoppers can also show their support for the U.S. troops this year through Sears' Heroes at Home Wish Registry(SM), the popular program that gives customers the chance to fulfill wishes for up to 20,000 deserving military families and personnel this holiday season. Military personnel are encouraged to log on to http://www.sears.com/wish through October 31 to apply for the Wish Registry. Between November 2 and December 25, 2008, Sears will invite shoppers to help fulfill those wishes with a Sears Gift Card.

About Sears Holdings Corporation

Sears Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: SHLD - News) is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over $50 billion in annual revenues and approximately 3,800 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has Martha Stewart Everyday products, which are offered exclusively in the U.S. by Kmart and in Canada by Sears Canada. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 13 million service calls made annually. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at http://www.searsholdings.com.

Golden Wish Ticket combined abbreviated rules for offline and online

No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Legal residents of the United States (D.C.), 18 years and older. Void where prohibited. The Golden Wish Ticket Peel & Reveal Instant Win Game: Ends 12/24/08 or while supplies last. All prize claims must be postmarked by 1/9/09 and received by 1/16/09. The Golden Wish Ticket Online Instant Win Game: Ends 12/24/08. For Official Rules, prize descriptions, prize claim instructions and odds disclosure, for the Golden Wish Ticket Peel & Reveal Instant Win Game and for the Golden Wish Ticket Online Instant Win Game visit http://www.sears.com/wishticket. Sponsor: Sears Roebuck and Co., 3333 Beverly Rd. Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.

Source: Sears Holdings Corporation

Edited by bigjimslade

That's awesome that they are going with the flow and working this to their advantage. Guess that means we won't see any threatning letters when we see the KMart ad either.

The Golden Ticket thing will definately warrent a few more trips in there. We don't buy that much from Sears so we don't always go in there when we're in the mall. I will now though. :D

That's awesome that they are going with the flow and working this to their advantage. Guess that means we won't see any threatning letters when we see the KMart ad either.

The Golden Ticket thing will definately warrent a few more trips in there. We don't buy that much from Sears so we don't always go in there when we're in the mall. I will now though. :D

Ditto !

Sears is showing a good attitude towards bargain hunter shoppers with this press release... unlike Walmart or Big Lots' unfriendly - even adversarial - behavior. Edited by zzyzx
I wanted to type it twice to make sure it would stick

Sears is showing a good attitude towards bargain hunter shoppers with this press release... unlike Walmart or Big Lots' unfriendly - even adversarial - behavior.

Sears attitude alone compared to other stores will make me shop at Sears. I have decided to avoid the "unfriendly" stores if at all possible! Just a way to make my statement.

I think Sears knows who really buys. Last year i bought the Samsung 46550 46inch HDTV at the F&F sell thanks to the information i found on this website. This year i need another bigscreen for the Mancave. I want a plasma this time.

Thank you SEARS for 'Heroes at Home Wish Registry'. They are giving away gift cards to military families. I will be deployed for a while, but I signed up anyways hoping if I win, my family can use the gift card. That's something you don't see from every store, even as they struggle against WM.

I do wish their sales weren't secret though, I determine if I will go to a store well in advance and I don't have time in my schedule to drop into a store to see if they may have a new deal I want. It was my first stop last year because I found what I wanted in the ad...